Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Touring Discussion
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 04-02-2009, 09:42 PM
Clubhouse Electrician

Q-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_montoya View Post
vera vera nice Dave....and it is the one that posted the pic of on the other thread....

vera nice
Thanks!

...I told you that was the photo of the paint in the other thread!

It's pretty!
Old 04-02-2009, 09:42 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Last Cigar Smoked: Man O' War Ruination
SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Way to go, Dave!

From my Brother Don... I love his insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Postwhores are a dime a dozen.
What's impressive about you is that you are your own pimp.
Kudos!

Old 04-03-2009, 05:22 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
The local dealer has one that color.
It's even nicer in person! Very sharp.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:01 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Needs more black.

Lookin' good Dave. Love the color.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 04-03-2009, 11:11 AM
Double-D
Lone Doof

Last Cigar Smoked: Griffin
RoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milk
I'm also on a Road Glide and lovin' it. I posted one pic with my intro a few days back. Thought I'd add a couple of others here...

- top left is pre-purchase 2-08 (not a good photo for color -- overexposed to bring details out of the shadows)

- top right is overlooking Death Valley 10-08

- bottom left is about 200+ ft above sea level in Death Valley. That's my bike, Silver, on the left of course, and me on the right between a buddy of mine and his Victory. We had just gotten snowed in the same place in Mammoth Lakes, CA the night before and ended up riding together for about 3 days as we both headed east.

- bottom right was an attempt to show off the newest accessory -- a peacock feather from the flock out behind this little diner in AZ

- a friend's part-wolf. Just threw in the Lupine brother because of my name -- and the then-very-dirty scoot's barely in the background!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 03FLTRI pre purchase 2-08.jpg (55.9 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg Bike in Death Valley.jpg (34.8 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg Death Valley Gas Stop 10-08.jpg (32.4 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg Roadside Diner in AZ 10-08.jpg (53.9 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg My friends wolf Jera.jpg (43.3 KB, 77 views)
Old 04-03-2009, 04:11 PM
Clubhouse Electrician

Q-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
I'm also on a Road Glide and lovin' it. I posted one pic with my intro a few days back. Thought I'd add a couple of others here...

- top left is pre-purchase 2-08 (not a good photo for color -- overexposed to bring details out of the shadows)

- top right is overlooking Death Valley 10-08

- bottom left is about 200+ ft above sea level in Death Valley. That's my bike, Silver, on the left of course, and me on the right between a buddy of mine and his Victory. We had just gotten snowed in the same place in Mammoth Lakes, CA the night before and ended up riding together for about 3 days as we both headed east.

- bottom right was an attempt to show off the newest accessory -- a peacock feather from the flock out behind this little diner in AZ

- a friend's part-wolf. Just threw in the Lupine brother because of my name -- and the then-very-dirty scoot's barely in the background!
...very nice!

A TourPak is definitely on my To Do list!
....maybe some lowers, also!
Old 04-03-2009, 04:37 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

hornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
RoadPuppy, and Q-Tip..... Nice rides

Me like mine too.

Old 04-03-2009, 04:49 PM
Double-D
Lone Doof

Last Cigar Smoked: Griffin
RoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-Dog View Post
...very nice!

When I first started looking for a bike, you could never have convinced me I'd want a bike with a tour pack. After a few miles now, I can't imagine not having one. At least 3 of my top 5 favorite styles of bike are rather spartan. I am thoroughly spoiled though and will probably not own any of those bikes unless I unexpectedly find myself in a position to have more than one at a time -- because I can't imagine not having at least one bike that facilitates my apparent need to carry way too much crap with me.

I readily admit that I am as bad as a stereotypical woman when it comes to packing everything for a 2 day trip...
Old 04-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Woody218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-Dog View Post
...very nice!

Why not just get an Ultra and be done with it?
Old 04-03-2009, 05:24 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody218 View Post
rookies
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 04-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Clubhouse Electrician

Quote:
.... I can't imagine not having at least one bike that facilitates my apparent need to carry way too much crap with me.

I readily admit that I am as bad as a stereotypical woman when it comes to packing everything for a 2 day trip...
Yep!
I heard that!
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody218 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kflhr View Post
rookies
In 1980 the Tour Glide was introduced and it sported a frame mounted fixed faring.
The Tour Glide is the father of the modern day Harley touring models.

...'nuff said.

Last edited by Q-Dog; 04-03-2009 at 05:49 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:22 PM
NaturalSelection lobbyist

Last Cigar Smoked: some cheap, dried out Cuban brand
Gummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sock
Heya! Proud owner of an '07 RG here. As of today it has just over 50,000km and to date has endured only one warranty issue - a fried starter solenoid at the 37k mark. Haven't done much to it in the way of upgrades, as I prefer the KISS principle while under warranty, but other than switching to a set of mild gear-driven cams sometime in the future, I don't see a need to fart around with perfection.

Farkle/mods to date are a Power Commander, K&N air filter, under seat heat deflectors, Mustang solo seat, saddlebag lid covers, Mustang rear fender bib, red signal lenses (rear), chrome tail light collar, signal light visors, airbrushed Veteran graphic on rear fender, pop-up fuel filler door, short antennae, KuryAkyn highway pegs, chrome windshield trim and a trimmed down factory tall windshield. Oh, and I got tired of the headlight cover fogging up all the time, so I ditched it.

I've spent time on both sides of the fence - I had an '04 E-Glide Standard - and can say with certainty that the FLTR makes a much better touring mount. The E-Glide has an advantage only in tight slow speed manouevers (just can't seem to get it to do what my old FLHT could do in a parking lot) and less buffeting from the windshield. However, I expect the buffeting issue to be solved once I get a ClearView windshield.

I. Love. This. Bike.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9nov09.jpg (385.2 KB, 62 views)

Arrrrrrrr, eh?!

Old 11-10-2009, 05:02 PM
snow pirate

Last Cigar Smoked: No thanks.
stoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Yup...it is purdy........

ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST.

GFFG
Old 11-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
They're great bikes, and I hope to be adding one to my stable at some point (along with a '77 XLCR). But with an '07, you have no reason to go with gears. You've got the hydraulic cam chain tensioners...Leave 'em and forget the gears.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 11-10-2009, 07:09 PM
NaturalSelection lobbyist

Last Cigar Smoked: some cheap, dried out Cuban brand
Gummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
But with an '07, you have no reason to go with gears. You've got the hydraulic cam chain tensioners...Leave 'em and forget the gears.
Yeah, it's not so much the adjusters I'm worried about, it's the tensioner pads themselves. Still not quite willing to trust them and, like all wear parts, they will eventually wear out. Or turn into toenail clippings. I just don't want it to happen in the middle of East Armpit, Saskatchewan at zero dark thirty.

Arrrrrrrr, eh?!