Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > General Bike Discussions
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 12-07-2008, 02:29 PM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: New World by AJ Fernandez
Rock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Any Buell owners here...I'm looking at Buell 1125R's. Just wondering...

1. First what model do you own and why?

2. Why did you choose a Buell over the foreign sports bikes. All opinions are welcome here, even the buyist one's. I'm just kinda looking. So lay it on me.

If you don't own a Buell or never owned one. Your opinion is valuable, but please sit in the corner and listen on this one. Thanks.

Old 12-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Darryl owns a Ulysses Buell. PM him. I know he loves it.

Meng

TKWSV

Old 12-07-2008, 02:46 PM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Rock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Done. Thanks Geez.

Old 12-07-2008, 02:47 PM
Zintaround

pa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suck
I don't have one but my son has a Buell Firebolt XB12R that I have ridden on many occasions. It's not as fast as some of the sport bikes but it is absolutely fantastic as far as handling is concerned. The bike just glides around the tightest of turns. He has also been looking at the 1125R's and hasn't heard anything but great things about them.

Old 12-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Livin Life

darrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suck
Rock,

As the Geeze says, I love my Buell. I got it cause it was in the segment of bike category I wanted (adventure), I knew the engine inside and out (Harley), and it was heavily discounted.

Now, I've ridden the 1125R, and I thoroughly enjoyed my short time on it. However, the speeds I was riding at, wouldn't have me riding for long before I lost my license. It was a fun bike.

That being said, the bike I own and the 1125R are completely different beasts. Rotax twin and Sportster twin. Liquid cooled, and air/oil cooled. They're (the new 1125 series) essentially the new era of Buell manufacturing.

If you haven't found it already, take a look at Bad Web Plenty of opinions on every type of Buell over there. They're the experts on Buells.

Old 12-07-2008, 03:12 PM
Hangaround

Baggersport has failed to amuse us
I've ridden the earlier (ironhead) Buell, owned 3 different "tubers", and now run the Uly since it came out. I passed on the XB platform until the Uly, they're just too small for the blasting I do and my 34+ inseam. I almost traded for an 1125 but a quick rip to NY for a party (800mi.) keeps me appreciating the comfort of the Uly. It'll cruise for hours over 85mph and navigate tote roads like a jeep. .....come to think of it, I forgot to wash it this year.

I pick the buells for the sport fun over the foreign makes mostly because of the HD connections.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggersport View Post
I've ridden the earlier (ironhead) Buell, owned 3 different "tubers", and now run the Uly since it came out. I passed on the XB platform until the Uly, they're just too small for the blasting I do and my 34+ inseam. I almost traded for an 1125 but a quick rip to NY for a party (800mi.) keeps me appreciating the comfort of the Uly. It'll cruise for hours over 85mph and navigate tote roads like a jeep. .....come to think of it, I forgot to wash it this year.

I pick the buells for the sport fun over the foreign makes mostly because of the HD connections.
You rode 800mi on a sportsbike. That says a lot for the comfort level. I'll have to get some test rides in. Unbelievable.

Old 12-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Livin Life

darrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suck
Oh,

I own an '06 Ulysses

In the "Adventure" category I could choose between the Ulysses, the Vespa V-Strom, the BMW R1200GS or GSA, Triumph Tiger, and maybe another lesser known bike or two. With those choices, the BMW's were overpriced (IMHO for what I wanted), the Strom was too much plastic, I wanted to abuse this bike and the 'Zuk's plastics looked like they'd need replacin frequently.

So, my decision was between the Tiger and the Uly. I already had a great relationship with the H-D/Buell dealer; I had no idea where the closest Triumph dealer is. I had a history with the V-Twin; I got no idea what goes on inside that Tiger triple. Both were priced closely.

You see what I chose, and I haven't looked back for a second.

This bike is pure fun. Twist the throttle and hold on, especially when the road gets twisty. It's not lightning fast, but it pulls like a tractor.

Old 12-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Livin Life

Quote:

I'm in the same boat. The Uly is built for those long in the leg. 1200+ miles back home from ES this year in 22 hours, and I was back on it the next day.

I can't say I'd be just as comfy on the 1125 as I am on the Uly. Two completely different riding positions.

Old 12-07-2008, 03:30 PM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
I have a couple Buell hats, that they give away if you sign up on their website...
I like the knit one...

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 12-07-2008, 03:30 PM
Hangaround

Baggersport has failed to amuse us
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
You rode 800mi on a sportsbike. That says a lot for the comfort level. I'll have to get some test rides in. Unbelievable.

400mi there........party....crash (a couple hours)...400 mi return. 5.5hrs each way, avg. 72mph.....and routinely use it for sorties of 3-4 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrell View Post
Oh,

I own an '06 Ulysses

In the "Adventure" category I could choose between the Ulysses, the Vespa V-Strom, the BMW R1200GS or GSA, Triumph Tiger, and maybe another lesser known bike or two. With those choices, the BMW's were overpriced (IMHO for what I wanted), the Strom was too much plastic, I wanted to abuse this bike and the 'Zuk's plastics looked like they'd need replacin frequently.

So, my decision was between the Tiger and the Uly. I already had a great relationship with the H-D/Buell dealer; I had no idea where the closest Triumph dealer is. I had a history with the V-Twin; I got no idea what goes on inside that Tiger triple. Both were priced closely.

You see what I chose, and I haven't looked back for a second.

This bike is pure fun. Twist the throttle and hold on, especially when the road gets twisty. It's not lightning fast, but it pulls like a tractor.
....making short work of traffic in the cities. I would mention the bags can take a beating bouncin of the cars.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:39 PM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Quote:
400mi there........party....crash (a couple hours)...400 mi return. 5.5hrs each way, avg. 72mph.....and routinely use it for sorties of 3-4 hours.

....making short work of traffic in the cities. I would mention the bags can take a beating bouncin of the cars.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:24 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
1. First what model do you own and why?

2. Why did you choose a Buell over the foreign sports bikes. All opinions are welcome here, even the buyist one's. I'm just kinda looking. So lay it on me.

If you don't own a Buell or never owned one. Your opinion is valuable, but please sit in the corner and listen on this one. Thanks.

Do they make a falsie pipe???
Old 12-08-2008, 07:17 PM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzlfitr View Post
Do they make a falsie pipe???

The Buells are nice. But let's not get crazy