Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Dealer (MoCo or Indy) Feedback
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Dealer (MoCo or Indy) Feedback If they are taking care of you, we want to know. If ya got screwed, we need to know.

Old 03-27-2007, 04:39 PM
Ghost-Faced Doof

Deejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suck
Latus Motors H-D

Typically I can say nothing but good things about this dealership..... Mike Stegmann is a top tuner. Jerry is a very good engine builder. Unfortunately Friday reinforced my views about some salespeople. Having the bike in for service on the starter, I was called by the dealership on my cell phone while driving home. The service advisor who will go unnamed told me that I need to come in due to my frame being rusted out and that I may not want to spend any more money on this bike. This scared the crap out of me and I drove straight to the dealership. I was directed to the service manager who directed me to someone else who I did not know. This unknown person I later found out was a sales manager who said that my bike was shot and that he would give me $4000 for it as a trade-in. Instantly I saw red!!! I demanded to see my bike. Once in the shop, I looked over the frame and saw black paint flaking off and a little surface rust. This pissed me off. I bit my tongue and told them to order the kit for the starter. The service advisor quoted me $4800 to replace the frame. I told him I only want the starter kit. Needless to say I left the dealership steamed that they would waste my time with petty $hit.

When I get her back, I will strip off the flaking paint, sand off the surface rust, chemically treat it, and repaint the areas...... Arrrrggghh!!!

Old 03-27-2007, 05:34 PM
ocifer slacky pants
Double-D

Location: Half way down the trail to hell, in a shady meadow of green
Last Cigar Smoked: Nub Dub
squish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
that would get my shorts in a knot too. i would take it up with the GM if i were you. that sales guy don't know chit and shouldn't have stuck his nose where it doesn't belong.

CAUTION! You have entered a Harley based forum. Apply a liberal amount of BS repellent to skin before reading anything by anybody.

Old 03-27-2007, 05:39 PM
Ghost-Faced Doof

Deejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suck
Yeah.... I'm thinkin' that there are kickbacks going from the sales guys to the service advisors. SA's try to scare the hell out of people getting service and then direct them to trade in on a new bike....

Personally I think most dealership service departments no longer want to work on bikes that are Pre-Twin Cam.

Old 03-27-2007, 06:10 PM
GazintA Prime

bobsled77 has failed to amuse us
and that folks ........ is why i go to the local indy shop!

Cause i'm canadian EH!
Old 03-27-2007, 06:31 PM
8-Ball

I'm with my gAZINTa buddy Bob on this one...
Old 03-27-2007, 06:52 PM
MOOSE

Wow. I don't know what good it would do, but I think I'd let HD Corporate know about this too.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:19 PM
Clubhouse Electrician

Q-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
My scoot will NEVER see the inside of a HD Service bay again.
Ever.

Local independent shop for me....and that's only for the Life-or-Death stuff.

Fluid changes and small crap are done in MY garage by me.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:56 AM
43rd Prophet

swmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by davukmer View Post
My scoot will NEVER see the inside of a HD Service bay again.
Ever.

Local independent shop for me....and that's only for the Life-or-Death stuff.

Fluid changes and small crap are done in MY garage by me.
It's my thinking that you don't want the dealer handling anything that has to do with your wellbeing...the indy on the other hand is likely to wish your return business...jes' sayin'

I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.
~James Madison, speech, Virginia Convention, 1788

Old 03-28-2007, 07:40 AM
Double-D

FXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
DJ,

Could be the guy found out you're a doof and made the connection. Doof = rich old guy on a bagger = quick sale. He was probbaly visualizing a quick sale:

Service guy: "Hey, your frame is rusted out worst I've seen and you're gonna die."

Doof: "Well, ummm... I have my checkbook right herre, better buy a new bike..."
Old 03-28-2007, 04:06 PM
Nucking Futz

Vilhelm has failed to amuse us
Wow! can't believe that Latus would dump a load of crap like that on ya, they usually are a good shop (I've used em) . I can only imagine that if ya had traded your bike in, like they offered, It woulda gone straight to the showroom floor, rusty frame an all. Sheesh! Living in oregon rust is expected eventually, an if ya were to replace all those rusty parts there would be no money or time to ride, at least on my bikes.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:44 PM
Ghost-Faced Doof

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXDRYDR View Post
DJ,

Could be the guy found out you're a doof and made the connection. Doof = rich old guy on a bagger = quick sale. He was probbaly visualizing a quick sale:

Service guy: "Hey, your frame is rusted out worst I've seen and you're gonna die."

Doof: "Well, ummm... I have my checkbook right herre, better buy a new bike..."

I'm sure I wasn't wearing anything Doofy.... and I hadn't put on my 43 timing cover....yet...... They must have totalled up how much I have spent on this Evo and thought "If he spends this much on an old bike, he must be an easy target!"

Old 03-28-2007, 06:20 PM
Hates D, 4 and Green

tibs has failed to amuse us
I guess using this logic, I better have Z trade her 06 in, I saw rust inside the handlebar when I was doing the internal wiring....

After getting the bill for two tire changes, I determined I would either find someone else to do it or learn how to do it myself. I did the later. That was the one thing I wasnt comfortable with doing myself. If I have to do major engine work, I'll either learn how to do it myself, or send it off to someone who can do it for me.

There is so much mystery to these things until you tear them apart and get the right tools.

I even pulled my F-150's transmission pan off, and was pissed when I found the dust plug still in it - 40k miles after they changed the filter. Either they didnt change it, or they didnt know what it was----I'll just do my own work.