Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Riders Clothing, Gear, Helmets, etc.
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 05-08-2017, 06:59 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Helmet Shopping, full face type / 2017

OK, have heard Schuberth are good, I like the fit of Arai.

Compared to Arai Signet-X (replacing the Sig Q?) how is the Schuberth R2?

I do have the long chin and like the fit of the Arai, have heard the Schuberth is about the same in fit?

Oops, looks like the R 2 is a new design and are pre order right now.

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 05-08-2017, 10:48 PM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Can't answer your question on either helmet you mention, but I totally dig my Shoei GT-Air.
Old 05-09-2017, 06:21 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I have both a Signet Q and a C3Pro. They're both great helmets, but I haven't touched the Arai since I got the Schuberth. The C3Pro Is ridiculously comfortable and quiet, and it's a modular, so I can drink while I'm riding, and I can talk to other riders at stops. Based on my experience, I wouldn't buy another non-modular helmet.

The Schuberth is ridiculously expensive, but it does what it's supposed to do very, very well.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 05-09-2017, 08:07 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
If the Schuberth C 3 has a long chin profile, I could probably wear it.

Have tried many Shoi modular designs and are crushing to my chin.

It's, C 3, more or less in the same price range as the Signet X, not many try it on places near.
Tried the Signet Q up at the H0NDA dealer in Reno a while back and really liked the fit.

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 05-13-2017, 07:38 AM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Helmet Shopping, full face type / 2017

When I dropped 650 on a Neotech^^ I nearly choked...and the C3 was two hundred MORE.
Of note, though, they upgraded the C3 to the C3pro and recently I was seeing the C3 discounted mightily*. There may still be a deal to be had.

*mightily means for as little as 300 bux
^^i really really like it, tho

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 05-17-2017, 04:47 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

C 3 Pro on the way, sure hope there is chin room.

All the Shoei modular's I have tried has the chin bar pressing against my chin with uncomfortable pressure.

I guess if you don't test ride it, you can send back.

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 05-18-2017, 09:38 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
If you get a chance to watch Leno's Garage, check out his full face lid. Arai, I think.

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 05-19-2017, 08:20 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Yep, Arai has room for my freaky long chin, but alas they do not make a modular helmet.

Either today or next week the Signet will be here, was shipped out of Vegas via USPS, only 6 hours South, but you know, Government efficiency and all...

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 05-20-2017, 07:07 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
The Neotec is a nice helmet, but it put an ungodly amount of pressure on my right ear. I was in agony riding back from ES a few years ago, and had to pull over riding home from Long Island 2 years ago.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 05-22-2017, 01:19 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

OK...

So trial of Pro 2, has chin room, Yay!, but no room for forehead, lots of pressure on forehead after sitting here with it on for 10 minutes.

Killing me! Uggh!

Now to ship it back, sigh...

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 09-06-2017, 03:53 AM
Hangaround

ljadon34 has failed to amuse us
I have an Arai. The Signet Q fits my long oval head nicely.