Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > MotoCamping
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

MotoCamping A forum where we swap campground reviews, trip reports, equipment reviews, bike packing, safety, NF, SF, State and National Park reviews, blahblahblah...

Old 06-17-2012, 09:00 AM
really small member

BrownSanta has failed to amuse us
Cool setup but I'm not a fan of trailers for bikes

2011 HD FLHX103 - HD LED Headlamp, HD Adjustable Rider Backrest, HD Tri-Bar upgrade, HD Passenger Backrest with 4 point dock, HD Cup holder, HD Edgecut grips and pegs, HD Fairing Pouch, Klockwerks Windshield, Garmin Zumo 665, S/E Heavy Breather, V&H 2-1 High Output Pro-Pipe, Dynojet PowerVision from FuelMoto, Ohlins 3-3 Touring Shocks
Old 11-29-2012, 12:25 AM
The Cisco Kid

Last Cigar Smoked: Backwoods Mild - Honey Berry
TJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
Most of the campgrounds I've camped in have bathroom and hot shower facilities. When I rode up to Eureka Springs with TJ Willy for the 2008 Doofapalooza, we camped one night right on the lakefront of Lake Quachita in Quachita National Forest. It was hot and humid, so we went swimming in the lake to cool off. Hot shower after dinner. Nice campground.

For the next day's camp, we rode down about 7 miles of dirt road and camped by a river in Ozark National Forest. Very very hard rain that night. Inside the tent stayed nice and dry, though. Campground hosts were a very nice elderly couple from Lake Jackson, TX. Next morning, he invited us in his travel trailer for hot coffee the next morning. After which we departed and rode down a muddy road to some blacktop and on through more torrential rain to Eureka Springs.

If I had to do it over again, I'd do it the same way. Good times!
That was one helleva rainy night. Living in TX, I had forgot how you could hear the rain coming through the trees. It woke us up, and gave us time to get stuff sitchyated. I was in an ultra light with zero leaks. The rain into Eureka Springs was some of the worst I have ridden in. Too bad my fancy HD rain suit didn't stay as cozy as my thin walled ultra light tent!
Old 11-29-2012, 02:47 AM
Mind the thorns

Margarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
My spouse is not a problem when it comes to camping. We sometimes look a little like the Beverly Hillbillies version of bikers with the gear piled on but that's okay. The less we spend on motels the further we can get from home. My days of being comfortable with nothing between me and the ground but my sleeping bag are long gone but as long as I have a good self-inflating pad to sleep on I manage just fine.

HOWEVER:

When every single campground says "Grizzly bear habitat" we seek the second floor of the nearest reasonably priced motel. I skeered of bears.

Preserve the planet: repeal the Second Law of Thermodynamics.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:26 AM
Trash

Last Cigar Smoked: The one in the ash tray
noodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Send pic!, it's too cold for my YouTube to work~

®
Old 11-29-2012, 09:41 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Half Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
Send pic!, it's too cold for my YouTube to work~

Should I turn the heat back up?

Old 11-29-2012, 11:06 PM
Double-D
Lone Doof

Last Cigar Smoked: Griffin
RoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milk
Now we're to the truth of it!
Alas...

There's always a thermostat to blame somewhere at the bottom of these things.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Old 11-30-2012, 06:33 AM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

PeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Well this is an old thread and since my last camping trip out to Glacier, and seeing how nice some of those cabins and lodges are, and how comfortable you can be and still have the "experience" it seems my tent camping days are over folks. No more sleeping on the ground for this camper.....
Old 11-30-2012, 10:14 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Half Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Now we're to the truth of it!
Alas...

There's always a thermostat to blame somewhere at the bottom of these things.