Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > The Arsenal
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

The Arsenal Where firearms enthusiasts gather to discuss their passion for things that go bang. Political debate is one floor down and not welcome here.

Old 12-20-2017, 12:31 PM
Dirty Dirk, Canadian Doof

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
AR15 Rabbit Hole......

So here we go but I want the classic M16 Vietnam look. Trying to lay my hands on a nice Colt SP1 without a whole lot of luck up here.

What do you all think of the model? I don't see the "real" need for for forward assist but have some concerns over the basic sights on it....

Better choices or does one need to cobble one together themselves with modern retro parts? I have an import service so if anyone knows of something laying around gathering dust

Dirk
Old 12-20-2017, 06:29 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Was shooting a friends Sig Sauer clone of one.

Honestly the first time I have ever shot one of the Modern Sporting Rifles.

Had just changed over to the second 20 round magazine and the bolt didn't go fully closed.

Now I knew what the forward assist was and the theory of it, but to have to use it so soon while firing this rifle?

After another mag down range, I mentioned to him that was it common to have to use the FA in this rifle. Yeah I know this is a SBR, but you get the idea...

He asked why I asked, and I mentioned that I had to assist the bolt closed, he said he didn't even notice me using it while observing me firing the rifle.

If I ever get the funds to have a "featureless" one I sure do like the Wood Furniture on them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg slk6q1.jpg (16.1 KB, 72 views)

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 12-20-2017, 07:56 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
As I am not overly familiar with MSR's, what happens if the bolt doesn't close, or, how do you get it to go into battery without a FA?

My time in service was still populated with BAR's, 1911's and M-14's, if we were ever allowed to hold such a thing, being a Hull Technician and only touching them a few times at the training range.

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 12-21-2017, 07:02 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
Geissele has some choice upgrades for your lower.

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 12-21-2017, 10:29 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

First I have to lighten my paper weight...

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 12-23-2017, 07:06 PM
Dirty Dirk, Canadian Doof

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Butte View Post
Was shooting a friends Sig Sauer clone of one.

Honestly the first time I have ever shot one of the Modern Sporting Rifles.

Had just changed over to the second 20 round magazine and the bolt didn't go fully closed.

Now I knew what the forward assist was and the theory of it, but to have to use it so soon while firing this rifle?

After another mag down range, I mentioned to him that was it common to have to use the FA in this rifle. Yeah I know this is a SBR, but you get the idea...

He asked why I asked, and I mentioned that I had to assist the bolt closed, he said he didn't even notice me using it while observing me firing the rifle.

If I ever get the funds to have a "featureless" one I sure do like the Wood Furniture on them.
That wood furniture gives me a little wood!! That looks pretty damn hot... Lots to learn with all the nuances of this platform, know my firearms pretty well but a duck out of water with this one.

Dirk
Old 12-24-2017, 10:49 AM
Known Associate

Inspector 12 is less annoying than we originally thoughtInspector 12 is less annoying than we originally thoughtInspector 12 is less annoying than we originally thoughtInspector 12 is less annoying than we originally thoughtInspector 12 is less annoying than we originally thoughtInspector 12 is less annoying than we originally thoughtInspector 12 is less annoying than we originally thoughtInspector 12 is less annoying than we originally thoughtInspector 12 is less annoying than we originally thoughtInspector 12 is less annoying than we originally thoughtInspector 12 is less annoying than we originally thought
AR-15s are the Harley of the gun world. There are several folks offering aftermarket options and the sky is the limit on what you can do to them. While there are some specialty tools involved in some of the assembly work, there are many upgrades / options that can be done at home with tools found in a reasonably well equipped tool box.

Geissele triggers are the shit, I have one in my FN SCAR 17.
Old 12-24-2017, 04:00 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector 12 View Post
AR-15s are the Harley of the gun world. There are several folks offering aftermarket options and the sky is the limit on what you can do to them. While there are some specialty tools involved in some of the assembly work, there are many upgrades / options that can be done at home with tools found in a reasonably well equipped tool box.

Geissele triggers are the shit, I have one in my FN SCAR 17.
I have Geissele Super Dynamic Combat trigger and Super 42 buffer spring.
I have his SD-3G trigger spring kit coming in the mail.

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 12-25-2017, 08:27 PM
Doofish

Last Cigar Smoked: a zeppelin
FXRS is not in AOL's target demographicFXRS is not in AOL's target demographicFXRS is not in AOL's target demographicFXRS is not in AOL's target demographicFXRS is not in AOL's target demographicFXRS is not in AOL's target demographicFXRS is not in AOL's target demographicFXRS is not in AOL's target demographicFXRS is not in AOL's target demographicFXRS is not in AOL's target demographicFXRS is not in AOL's target demographic
I don't have one on my slick side S&W. I just yank the the charging handle and throw a nickel in the dirt. Doesn't happen very often.

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."

Frank Zappa
Old 12-25-2017, 08:29 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

If'in I had the money I would look into getting a FlightLit SCR...

Not so evil black rifle looking for the PRK folks.

https://fightlite.com/collections/scr-rifles

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...