Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Engine & Transmission
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 09-16-2018, 01:51 PM
Augmented

Last Cigar Smoked: Saf Fran OG
Turbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sock
Clutch pack/Primary alignment issue

Well, this is for my mechanically minded doof and zint friends. I just replaced my stator and rotor assembly and up installation of the clutch pack I find the clutch hub and shell assembly now seats further in than it should and is making overlapping contact with the starters pinion gear. I just don't get it.
A friend stopped by and noticed the inner bearing race in the primary case was not completely aligned under the roller bearings. Might could this be the cause of the hub dropping to far onto its shaft.
I'm stumped and now packing to work down Pecos Tx way for the next two weeks, so no time to work on it till my return. I'm really not thrilled with the thought of subbing the repair out
Does anyone have any ideas why this has happened and know of a remedy. Thanks in advance for all positive and/or negative aid and belittlement and finger pointing

BOB

L.Ron Hoover Welcomes you to the
First Church of Appliantology

Last edited by Turbo Turtle; 09-16-2018 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Because I can
Old 09-16-2018, 05:08 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Maybe could look at Ronnie's HD internet parts microfiche of that assembly and see if there are snap rings or the like in the area that may have come askew?

Or some kind of alignment shims?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Tags
clutch, clutch hub, clutch hub aliignment