Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > The Arsenal
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

The Arsenal Where firearms enthusiasts gather to discuss their passion for things that go bang. Political debate is one floor down and not welcome here.

Old 05-08-2015, 08:17 AM
Dirty Dirk, Canadian Doof

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
My .45 Granola Bars Came In....

The backorders are starting to catch up!! 3rd box of 7.62x39 finally showed, a bit of a shame, as there is a metric ton of corrosive locked up downstairs that I no longer want anything to do with....

The .45 showed up yesterday as I was winging home along with a nice fluted match grade OP Rod for the M1A clone. Those are the only 2 Chinese firearms I'll own (says me now) but really I can't knock them that much either, slide to frame is tight and the trigger is lighter plus crisper than anticipated. Both are better made than I bargined for and the M1A clone shot far better than I woulda thunk! Full range report on both the Norc's early next week...

Good feel too the skinny 1911 frame, and will have a good .45 showdown as the 97 is shipping monday and in my grubby mitts by wednesday... As soon as I verify that this lump functions as it should with decent accuracy, I have some nice VZ grips to order! A 1911 for $324 taxes in, leaves a little accessory money providing it actually works..

Full cleaning teardown with a good look at the 1911's internals for The Boss Mega critique as soon as I catch up on a couple other items.

Dirk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New .45 070.jpg (66.2 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg New .45 076.jpg (67.0 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg New .45 071.jpg (71.0 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg New .45 074.jpg (63.1 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg New .45 075.jpg (64.9 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg New .45 079.jpg (57.8 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg New .45 080.jpg (48.2 KB, 54 views)
Old 05-08-2015, 03:20 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Other than long term storage.

Why do they still make corrosive primers?

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 05-09-2015, 12:14 PM
Dirty Dirk, Canadian Doof

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Butte View Post
Other than long term storage.

Why do they still make corrosive primers?
Dunno either.... Gonna list 4K of 70's? Romanian stuff at the range buy & sell board now that clean stuff is available for the same price

I understand the 1911 appeal a little better now, pretty svelte unit for the caliber. Managed to take it apart, clean and reassemble without giving it the scar... A 1911 looks like a super model up against my poor old P85

Have to do something about that recoil spring tho, crazy heavy monster, cut a coil at a time?? or just buy Wolff? When I do it, I will look at the trigger group.

Dirk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New .45 012.jpg (37.8 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg New .45 014.jpg (38.0 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg New .45 015.jpg (33.8 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg New .45 018.jpg (52.7 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg New .45 020.jpg (41.0 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg New .45 019.jpg (37.6 KB, 36 views)
Old 05-09-2015, 02:08 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Maybe the 1911 Master can enlighten us as to why the recoil spring is finished at one end and appears to be cut off, not finished, at the other end.

Are all 1911 recoil springs that way? (maybe I should go look at pics on Brownells or Midway?) (humm?, the Wolff one for a standard Colt Commander(?) looks like that?) http://www.brownells.com/handgun-par...lt__Government

Do not put it back in backwards by mistake...

I can't recall why I would know that.

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 05-09-2015, 03:17 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
The "finished" end fits snug around the recoil spring guide, which should be a short little affair, but in your case is a full length affair, so I'll specify that the finished end should be toward the head of the rod. It fits snugly to keep it in place during disassembly. The unfinished end is unfinished so it can engage the retaining tab in the recoil spring plug. It kind of threads on there so the plug doesn't go flying during disassembly. 90% or more of the current production 1911s don't have the tab any more.
To get the finished end onto or off of the guide, turn it toward the clipped end of the wire on that end and push or pull. That loosens its grip on the guide.
Why are the ends different sizes? If both were the larger diameter, the spring would not be retained on the guide during disassembly. If the entire spring was the smaller diameter, the spring would drag on the guide during cycling.

Just another damn Dave
Fluent in Pidgin Cigar Spanish

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 05-09-2015, 03:20 PM
Augmented

Last Cigar Smoked: Saf Fran OG
Turbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sock
You will enjoy toying with the Norc. After 20+ years and having owned a slew of handguns, the P89 is the only one of the bunch I still have. It consistently shot as good and accurate as any and all.

aka

L.Ron Hoover Welcomes you to the
First Church of Appliantology
Old 05-09-2015, 10:47 PM
Keeper - Awful Secret

rangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milk
Nice slim profile for a 1911.

Jay
Old 05-12-2015, 08:21 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Edited post 5 a little.

OK, we are stuck in the early 90s here in the US in regard to Norinco stuff. That's the last imports we saw. Looks like they've cleaned things up a bit since then, which should make your life easier. I'll wander over to your other thread...

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.