Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > TroubleHead Garage (Geno's Place)
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

TroubleHead Garage (Geno's Place) Evo's , Shovels, Pans, and anything else...

Old 12-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Under Construction

Last Cigar Smoked: Robert Burns Blackwatch, in the '70s
TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
DO NOT tap those pins out--make a puller. They may a little tight--that's OK. Pics of the pistons would be helpful.

Puller can be made from some all-thread, nuts, washers and a piece of PVC pipe.
Somewhat dilapidated, yet functional, Kubota L2500
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
'02 Wrangler X, 4" lift on 33 x 12.50s
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140
Felt Nine 50
Killin' more bees than Monsanto
Old 12-08-2010, 08:20 PM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonChief View Post
DO NOT tap those pins out--make a puller. They may a little tight--that's OK. Pics of the pistons would be helpful.

Puller can be made from some all-thread, nuts, washers and a piece of PVC pipe.

Do you have a drawing of that contraption?

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[
Old 12-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: comancho
Sonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know

Chris
RIP MONGOOSE

2002 RK Police
95 Big Bore Kit, Weisco Flat Top Pistons, 9.13:1
Engine built by Wilsons of E-town,KY
Vance and Hines Ovals
SE Air Cleaner, K&N Filter
2006 HD Stock Heads
Andrews 26G Cams
Dyno'd by ENGINES BY OTTO

851st ARMY SECURITY AGENCY - Europe - 74-77
Old 12-08-2010, 08:38 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I made something just like that to get them out someone suggested freezing them to get them back in

Sent from my droidilicious
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 12-08-2010, 08:53 PM
grapenutless

y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
How much side to side play should I see on the rods?
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty

Old 12-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Under Construction

TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kflhr View Post
How much side to side play should I see on the rods?
Been a while, but I think 3/32" max.
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
Felt Nine 50
Old 12-08-2010, 09:46 PM
grapenutless

Thanks

who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty

Old 12-08-2010, 10:01 PM
Under Construction

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhawg View Post
Do you have a drawing of that contraption?
Do now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg piston pin puller.jpg (21.6 KB, 78 views)
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
Felt Nine 50

Last edited by TalonChief; 12-08-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:59 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Last Cigar Smoked: Banana pudding after some baby back ribs
jasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Do now.
It's mis-labeled. The wingnut is the guy pulling the pin, not part of the pin puller.

just sayin'

Separated at birth? You decide
Old 12-08-2010, 11:52 PM
Under Construction

I looked up rod side play and I was off a bit. This is for a shovel; there is no spec listed for the '84 Evo in the book I have, but you're working w/ essentially the same rotating assy.

3/64" max side to side at wristpin end of male rod; 1/64" max for female rod.

Up & down play is addressed and it says your bottom end is shot if you have any.
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
Felt Nine 50

Last edited by TalonChief; 12-08-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:14 AM
grapenutless

Quote:
Do now.
that is almost exacly what I made, I used a big socket though.

Quote:
I looked up rod side play and I was off a bit. This is for a shovel; there is no spec listed for the '84 Evo in the book I have, but you're working w/ essentially the same rotating assy.

3/64" max side to side at wristpin end of male rod; 1/64" max for female rod.

Up & down play is addressed and it says your bottom end is shot if you have any.
up and down is nice and tight, I have to measure side to side, but 3/64 seems pretty tight, I have to measure with a ruler, there are no marks on the side of the pistons I will take some picks tonight
thanks
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty

Old 12-09-2010, 08:11 AM
R.I.P.
you know better...

mongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
A ruler??!!

Calipers can be had for relatively cheap.

So long for now RedRider

Nine-mile skid, on a ten-mile ride,
Hot as a pistol but cool inside.
Like I told ya, what I said,
Steal your face right off your head.

1965------2006

Old 12-09-2010, 08:48 AM
grapenutless

Caliper, my brakes are fine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
A ruler??!!

Calipers can be had for relatively cheap.

Sent from my incredible asswype
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty

Old 12-09-2010, 09:08 AM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock

2009 Vivid Black Street Glide Ultra

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:58 PM
grapenutless

I found an indie in my work development that has machine shop capabilities, torque plates and everything! freakin' ny prices

Tomorrow we analyze my parts
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty