Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Seats, Saddles, Pillions, Backrests, Luggage Racks & Paks
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 05-31-2008, 05:11 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Corbin.... I'm a dumbass...

Corbin Sucks.

****I am an idiot, bracket was on the seat. Corbin emailed me on a Sunday.

See if I can get a mod to fix this title.

I have heard so many bad things about there customer service. They seemed ok on the phone. I thought maybe they had changed.

Got my new seat, in time for ES. All it came with, beside the seat, was two washers and the rear pin. The hardware for the front was missing.

You spend this much money on a seat and they can’t get it right. Makes you wonder about the rest of the quality. If I don’t have that bracket over nighted to me, in time for vacation, I am going to dispute the charge with my credit card company. They can have it back.

I will let everyone know how the handle this.

I am including links to this thread, and another across the street. Already left voice mail if the sales guy.

Last edited by Berserker; 06-01-2008 at 09:51 AM.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:26 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Dirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Yea, man. That's horse sh!t.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 05-31-2008, 05:30 PM
8-Ball

You'd think a little quality control implementation would be in order on every shipment...
Old 05-31-2008, 06:09 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
You'd think a little quality control implementation would be in order on every shipment...
Yes, it would be nice to give you what you paid for. I got $585, just laying on the floor.

Also the pin for the rear fender would go better if the nut was thicker. Took forever to remove it. Should just have a hex nut there.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:22 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I hate to hear this kinda crap about a company, my experience was so different, the guy asked my height/weight, inseam, like he wanted to date me!, the seat came-early-fit perfect, no problems-except-the piping on the front seams to be wearing probably from my fat thighs, I dread the day I have to call those f**kers and get that fixed.
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 05-31-2008, 05:29 PM
Excommunicated

You spend top dollar, you expect better. Nothing worse then waiting for something, getting excited when it comes, only to find this.

I could have had a Mustang cheaper. Makes you wonder what else they forgot or cut corners on. Probably got some illegals working there for $5 a hour.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:01 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
Corbin Sucks.

I have heard so many bad things about there customer service. They seemed ok on the phone. I thought maybe they had changed.

Got my new seat, in time for ES. All it came with, beside the seat, was two washers and the rear pin. The hardware for the front was missing.

You spend this much money on a seat and they can’t get it right. Makes you wonder about the rest of the quality. If I don’t have that bracket over nighted to me, in time for vacation, I am going to dispute the charge with my credit card company. They can have it back.

I will let everyone know how the handle this.

I am including links to this thread, and another across the street. Already left voice mail if the sales guy.

Do they know you???
Old 05-31-2008, 06:51 PM
Excommunicated

Hopefully they over night the parts, and all ends well.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:56 PM
Excommunicated

Should something happen when you turn the key? The cable moves, but it doesn't seem to be attached to anything.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:48 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

hornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
id u oredr it n lne?

I cn undrstnd tem havni a pbrlem or to f uy did...

jus suain"

Old 05-31-2008, 07:50 PM
Excommunicated

Whose side are you on? Your for me, or against me.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:55 PM
Under Construction

Last Cigar Smoked: Robert Burns Blackwatch, in the '70s
TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I bought a used Corbin off ebay cheap to see how I would like it. So far, with about 1000 miles on it, I do not think it lives up to all the hype I've heard about them.

I had a Mustang on my softail 20 years ago and liked it. Think I'll get another one for the bagger.
Somewhat dilapidated, yet functional, Kubota L2500
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
'02 Wrangler X, 4" lift on 33 x 12.50s
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140
Felt Nine 50
Killin' more bees than Monsanto
Old 05-31-2008, 08:00 PM
Excommunicated

I set it on there. Not sure if I like how it does not support your lower back or hips. Its not a bucket. But hopefully OL will be lower, she didn't like be up high.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:18 PM
Under Construction

Last Cigar Smoked: Robert Burns Blackwatch, in the '70s
TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
I set it on there. Not sure if I like how it does not support your lower back or hips. Its not a bucket. But hopefully OL will be lower, she didn't like be up high.
I had always heard how well Corbins support the hips. I have not found that to be the case with the seat I got and it is the full-up dual tour model.

I had my stock seat re-foamed and asked that the guy make the edges stiffer just to support my hips more. He tried, but it is still not what I wanted.

Maybe I'll win the lottery and get a Russel Day-long. Barring that, I am going back to Mustang like I said above.
Somewhat dilapidated, yet functional, Kubota L2500
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
'02 Wrangler X, 4" lift on 33 x 12.50s
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140
Felt Nine 50
Killin' more bees than Monsanto
Old 05-31-2008, 08:32 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
my corbin is three years old now and I think it is finally broken in, I do really like it
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty