Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Dealer (MoCo or Indy) Feedback
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Dealer (MoCo or Indy) Feedback If they are taking care of you, we want to know. If ya got screwed, we need to know.

Old 07-27-2014, 07:21 AM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Thumbs up Uke's H-D, Kenosha, WI

I live pretty close to three H-D dealers and have been giving each a little business, tryin' 'em out for parts purchases and little service jobs.

Lake Shore Harley is the most convenient for me, as their shop is right in front of where I work. However, I've become slightly dissatisfied with their service dept. since they repaired the 'b' after last year's wreck. I was really unhappy with them after the ignition switch replacement difficulties, which started with a wrong switch ordered, then an overnight shipment of the correct replacement and install a day prior to leaving for this years Nat'l Doofapalooza.

The dealer I've decided to spend more money at is Uke's in Kenosha. I've had the 'b' up there more than several times to take advantage of their Sat. morning service deal. I've had 'em do rear wheel bearings, front brakes and they installed the security system on the 'b', all within the last year. Each time I've been treated well and the bike has come back to me repaired correctly.

All that stuff were little tests, tho.

The 'b' was in need of a tune. The after-break-in tune the 'b' received at Hoban's was not a good one, and I wasn't gonna run the 'b' up there to get it taken care of. Don't get me wrong, Hoban's built a fine motor. The kids runnin' the dyno on Saturdays, however, just ain't much good.

Without a doubt, the top tuner in Chicagoland is Jim Egizio at Illinois Harley, down in Countryside. He tuned the 'b' when she was an 88, and that motor ran flawlessly.

However, Jim is super busy, as am I. His Saturdays are booked, and Saturday is the only day I can run down there. So a tune by Jim was out of the question.

I had talked to both Kory at Lake Shore and Jeff at Uke's regarding tuning the 'b'. Kory gave me the standard, 'we got a great dyno' spiel. Jeff told me he's got two good tuners and then explained how they tune the bike: We tune it for power, then adjust it for economy.

Jeff told me what I wanted to hear. I made an appointment with Uke's for a tune.

I could tell, the moment I lit the b's candle, that the motor had been tweaked in a good way. The exhaust note sounded completely different. Hard to describe, she just sounded better.

The ride home showed smoother overall running, better throttle response, and a total absence of decel pop.

On paper, 2 more horse, 3 more lbs. ft of torque were found, compared to the original 95" Hoban tune.

The big test, however, was last weeks GBNF ride. The 'b' was run through her paces and ran flawlessly. The big surprise, tho, was the fuel economy. We tore it up pretty good in SW Wisconnie, similar to how we rode at Eureka Springs. The style of roads between the two places are very similar, with ES only having slightly higher hills.

The 'b' showed a 2 mpg improvement over ES. I actually averaged 39.4 mpg on the Wisconnie trip, compared to 37.5 for ES, and that average includes the 1340 expressway miles to and back.

To say I'm pleased is an understatement. The 'b' is fun to ride again!

Rather than make a complimentary phone call, I actually rode the 'b' up to Uke's on Monday, after work, and shook Jeff's hand and told him how pleased I was with the tune. The b's tuner, James, was off that day, so I told Jeff to tell him that I was happy as well.

I rarely, if ever, write a glowing review of services received. Consider this one of those rare instances.

If you're ever in the Kenosha area and your scoot needs attention, be sure to give Uke's a try. They'll treat you right.

Last edited by orbit; 07-27-2014 at 07:31 AM.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:11 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Sounds like a really good dealer.

Do they have a customer atta boy comment section on their web site?

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 07-27-2014, 08:22 AM
Double-D
The Mechanic

d j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Love Story!

Old 07-27-2014, 08:56 AM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Butte View Post
Sounds like a really good dealer.

Do they have a customer atta boy comment section on their web site?
Just checked. Sadly, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d j View Post
Love Story!
Not much unlike your glowing, less wordy, review of Zylstra H-D, Ames, IA.

Sidebar: Big Cheese thought he was doing quite well keeping up with me on the ride to Viroqua last weekend.

He was hustlin' ol' Beulah pretty good. A fairly spirited ride we enjoyed, for sure!

'But,' I said, 'I could hear you comin'. So I'd just dip into the throttle like 1/32rd more and just walk away.'

Mess with him, I did!

A good laugh was had by all!

Last edited by orbit; 07-27-2014 at 09:07 AM.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:38 AM
Double-D
The Mechanic

d j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Wordy

Old 07-27-2014, 11:22 AM
Bon vivant!

Quote:
Wordy
Verbosity has it's merits, you know.......

Old 07-27-2014, 11:31 AM
Double-D
The Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbit View Post
Verbosity has it's merits, you know.......

Oh don't I know. That's why I wear out the battery in the Sena every ride with ya. Gabbing away and not paying attention to the next curve!

Old 07-27-2014, 11:42 AM
Bon vivant!

Quote:
Oh don't I know. That's why I wear out the battery in the Sena every ride with ya. Gabbing away and not paying attention to the next curve!
Yeah, yer a chatterbox. The battery in my Sena lasts two days, riding with you........

Yer play-by-plays of impending road doom are well worth the listen, tho.

'Head Up!', 'Look through the curve!', and 'Squeeze the tank!'

....are all classics...

Ain't heard much ravin' about the Madstad lately, tho.

What's up with that?

Old 07-27-2014, 12:40 PM
Somewhat Bionic

Last Cigar Smoked: Hoyo De Monterrey Robusto
Big Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Sigh....

I thought it was a handful of throttle.
Ol Beulah was huffin and puffin and I just gave her the reigns. She was a Stage 1 fire breathing dragon. I was so proud!
For a minute, till the rug got yanked by that Hoban 95 build on the "B".
Deflated I was. Beulah threw the bit and the PCIII started acting up. She's dying occasionally at the stop signs. I have to dig in deeper to see what's up.

I hope to restore her 88 inch stage 1 pride. She's a dragon ya know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rrmt1103.jpg (154.5 KB, 33 views)

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting '..holy sh*t ....what a ride!' - George Carlin

Old 07-27-2014, 01:55 PM
Double-D
The Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Cheese View Post
Sigh....

Ol Beulah was huffin and puffin and I just gave her the reigns. She was a Stage 1 fire breathing dragon. I was so proud!
Deflated I was. Beulah threw the bit and the PCIII started acting up. She's dying occasionally at the stop signs. I have to dig in deeper to see what's up.

Like!

Old 07-27-2014, 01:57 PM
Double-D
The Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbit View Post
Yeah, yer a chatterbox. The battery in my Sena lasts two days, riding with you........

Yer play-by-plays of impending road doom are well worth the listen, tho.

'Head Up!', 'Look through the curve!', and 'Squeeze the tank!'

....are all classics...

Ain't heard much ravin' about the Madstad lately, tho.

What's up with that?

Yesterdays' news..

Now we need to discuss color matched lowers and their benefits.

Old 07-27-2014, 02:12 PM
Bon vivant!

Quote:
Now we need to discuss color matched lowers and their benefits.
All I can say is that your Ultra Standard is shaping up nicely.......

Old 07-27-2014, 04:11 PM
Double-D
The Mechanic

Just takes time. Almost a decade at a time.

Old 07-27-2014, 05:59 PM
Somewhat Bionic

Last Cigar Smoked: Hoyo De Monterrey Robusto
Big Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Just takes time. Almost a decade at a time.
Now Travler and Milo are color matched too!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting '..holy sh*t ....what a ride!' - George Carlin

Old 07-27-2014, 06:28 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Cheese View Post
Sigh....

You need to tune write the map...

And you don't need to hide it in the saddle bag when you take it in to the dealer for work...

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...