Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Book Reviews
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Book Reviews Read a good one..or bad one. Tell us about it here.

Old 08-06-2016, 01:11 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Outlander

By Daina Gabaldon.

So far more than halfway through the book is good reading.

Starting to go past my reading allotment time...

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 08-06-2016, 01:37 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Been reading those since they were first out. You will fall in love with the characters. And it takes her like 5 years to write a new book. On Starz as a series now. They are doing a good job with it.

Just another damn Dave
Fluent in Pidgin Cigar Spanish

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 08-06-2016, 01:37 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Do not start on TV until you've read all the books.

Just another damn Dave

Old 08-06-2016, 01:47 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Outlander

Subsequent installments are the size of the Unabridged Dictionary Of All The Languages Of The World. Large type edition.

Just another damn Dave

Old 08-06-2016, 02:18 PM
Mind the thorns

Margarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
This series never resonated with me though I enjoyed the first half of the first book well enough when I read it twenty-five years ago. Of course, I also burned out halfway through the first book of Tolkien's Lord of the Rings trilogy and didn't particularly care for the Harry Potter books either. Alas, I suspect I'm missing some sort of gene for enjoying fantasy genres in series .

Preserve the planet: repeal the Second Law of Thermodynamics.
Old 08-06-2016, 03:30 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
The Walker River Lodge does not offer Starz as one of the direct tv (SUX!) channel offerings...

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 08-06-2016, 03:35 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Outlander

Actually, it's pretty accurate historical fiction with just a bit of an ability to suspend disbelief needed for the time travel.

Just another damn Dave

Old 08-06-2016, 06:15 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Yep, trying to pick up Scottish...

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 08-06-2016, 07:47 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

So, ye havna got the Gaelic, then?

Old 08-06-2016, 07:49 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Tryin' hard ya ken...

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 08-06-2016, 08:08 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Oh lookie!

http://outlanderlists.weebly.com/gaelic-words.html

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 08-06-2016, 10:31 PM
Mind the thorns

Margarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGlide View Post
Actually, it's pretty accurate historical fiction with just a bit of an ability to suspend disbelief needed for the time travel.

Just another damn Dave
That's good. Historical inaccuracies and anachronisms in literature and movies make me crazy. Actually, it is less the time travel that bothers me than the romantic fantasies that emerged from the whole Bonnie Prince Charlie fiasco. He was not exactly William Wallace or even Robert Bruce (who is vastly overrated himself), and most of Scotland wished he'd stayed in France.

But I digress, as usual.

Old 08-07-2016, 08:52 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Oh, and never call her on the occasional error that she makes. She has an assistant who answers her e-mails that will just double-talk you to death. And if you bring one up on her Facebook page, her rabid fans will just vilify you for daring to bring it up.
House Finches did not exist outside of the American Southwest until the 1940s. So, probably not in NC in the 1700s...

Old 08-07-2016, 10:20 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

As fun as trying to get across to the Lowes chat line person, that after driving 80 miles to the store, there are still not nine clamping knobs in the hardware bin that were not there three weeks ago, even after the hardware guy said the order was coming in next week. Three weeks ago...

I need a job where I can lie to everyone and deflect shortcomings onto someone else. But I am not that person, my shortcoming is I care too much.

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 08-07-2016, 10:25 AM
Mind the thorns

Wouldn't dream of correcting anyone's errors on Facebook; I've made enough errors as a writer that I avoid excoriating other writers in front of their public and hope they would extend the same courtesy to me.

Of course, if someone writes about being bitten by diamondback rattlesnakes in Wyoming, all bets are off. There are some errors that tip over into idiocy and should not be perpetuated.