Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Important Stuff > Safety and Group Riding Standards for ALL DOOFAPALOOZAS, FESTS, HWY 43 RIDES, ETC.
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Safety and Group Riding Standards for ALL DOOFAPALOOZAS, FESTS, HWY 43 RIDES, ETC. If you plan on attending, we expect you to familiarize yourself with and follow these guidelines. We want to have a blast, but we want everyone to get there and back in one piece. Feel free to add your own safety comments and info.

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 09:06 PM
ocifer slacky pants
Double-D

Location: Half way down the trail to hell, in a shady meadow of green
Last Cigar Smoked: Nub Dub
squish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Packing a First Aid / Responder kit...

Remember folks helping a downed rider or ANY accident victim for that matter may just be the link between life and death. What ever you do, DO NOT do something that you don't know how to do or are unsure of....you could cause more harm than good.

with that being said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD5CQT View Post
I'll be glad to take a shot at this for you guys. First bit of advice I usually give when asked this question is never carry anything beyond your level of training and experience. That elminates a lot of stuff for many people. If anything I mention here is unknown to you as to what it is or for what it is used, then don't carry it.

First, consider where you want to carry your kit. I rode an '04 Ultra and I could either use a saddle bag, or if I was loaded for a long haul, the passenger seat served as a place for my old T-bag and jump bag which I could lash onto the loops on the top of the T-bag.

Inside of the kit, in no particular order of importance:
a pair of good bandage scissors, a pair of those cut everything scissors that medics like to carry (good for cutting straps and even boots if needed), one pocket flashlight, a good pair of tweezers. A stethoscope and cuff (if you have to ask why, leave this home), several pairs of good examination rubber gloves, some hand sterilizer, a cpr sterishield with one way valve, several rolls of surgical tape, 4x4 and 2x2 gauze pads, several rolls of gauze (kerlix if you can afford it), assorted bandaids, fingertip bandages (not everyone wears gloves while riding), about a pint of sterile saline, alcohol prep pads, a SAM splint (36" size will do), triangular bandage, ace bandage, a cervical spine collar (if you know how and when to use it), some topical antibial ointments like bacitracin.

Additional items I have found handy: digital thermometer with supply of probe covers, OB kit (never know when you'll have to deliver a baby), assorted airways, steri-strips, and a blood sugar test meter (the kind diabetics use).

Again, keep in mind that this will constitute a pretty big package, so adjust according to quantity and stuff you know you will not be able to use. I have a buddy in Oklahoma who is a para, and he pulls a trailer behind his Ultra...almost like an ambulance. The idea is to have what you need in an emergency and pray you never have to use it. For those of you who have stopped to assist at an accident, you already know the helpless feeling of not having what you need or not knowing what to do.

CAUTION! You have entered a Harley based forum. Apply a liberal amount of BS repellent to skin before reading anything by anybody.

Closed Thread