Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Handlebars, Grips, Cables...
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 02-17-2018, 01:57 AM
Doof Clenas Member

IRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suck
LA Chopper Twin Peaks 10" Bars: Do I have the right ones?

I need help deciding if I received the right bars. I ordered part number LA-7361-10. That is on the received label as well. The bars I received have these "lips/shoulders" on them. Photos I've seen online show the bars just tapering toward the grips. No lip/shoulder for the controls to butt against.

Before I start installing them can any tell me if I received the wrong bars and should return them?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180216_083343.jpg (56.9 KB, 35 views)
Old 02-17-2018, 07:26 AM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Yeah, that's weird. I did a Google search and all the product pics on Dennis Kirk, etc. show the taper, but all the pics of them actually installed show no taper. Maybe call LA Choppers?

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[
Old 02-17-2018, 08:45 AM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Without digging around the net too much....looks like the bars are 1 1/4 inch and you will need the step as controls are setup for 1 inch.
Old 02-17-2018, 09:06 AM
Doof Clenas Member

IRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suck
Thanks guys. I did call LA Chopper and he said they are the right bars. Couldn't tell me why some show as tapered. Not very helpful. I'm going to try the controls on them today and see if they will fit.
Old 02-17-2018, 09:40 AM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
As long as the controls and grips fit when flush to the step, you should be fine.

I have the 12" LA Chopper Bagger Apes and they are tapered. They are over 4 years old, so they could have changed the design.

Kimber

Old 02-17-2018, 01:32 PM
Doof Clenas Member

As suspected...they don't fit. length to the shoulders is not correct for either side. I hate going through this BS. I set aside the day to put them on.
Old 02-17-2018, 02:05 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Well, that sucks.

Buddy of mine with a local shop recently found a set of bars that came pre-wired. I don't recall the brand, but they were realistically priced. He had to run the throttle by wire cable through them, but everything was already pre-wired.

Kimber

Old 02-17-2018, 02:30 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Wait. Too long or too short?
Old 02-18-2018, 10:38 AM
Doof Clenas Member

Once I put everything on the clutch side it fit but the throttle side was way too short.

Thanks for the help Mike. I'm sending these back and ordered a set of Wild One Chubby's 578's. I had those on my Roadking and I'm very familiar with the install. At lease I got everything taken apart so I can run the wires inside and put them on. Everything you do on a bike is always an adventure! I have to admit, I do enjoy doing this stuff.
Old 02-23-2018, 03:34 PM
Harry The M

Last Cigar Smoked: Spare Tire
Harry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
I just put Chubby wild one on 13RG classic 12.5 and order wire kit from LA choppers and there great. I'm 6.2