Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > MoCo
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

MoCo The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

Old 05-27-2007, 10:14 AM
Jimi

So much for Customer Service

I have an 02 Classic. I like that bike! Except for making it sound and breath better I have done very little to it. I like that bike. I have 19k on the bike and the original seat (just proves that everyones butt is different). After much soul searching and penny counting I decided to buy-thats go into debt for-an 07 SE Ultra. Phone calls made and 2 to 5k over MSRP. Please kiss the butt that is so different. Finally found one that is only(?) 1k over and I decide to do it. I tell the sales person to fax the info. so I can send it to my money man and she says OK.I get a call back in 10 and she says the sales mgr. tells her its the last one for the year so tell the fool its 2k more. Angry just won't cover it. I call the MoCo to file a complaint. A wasted 30 minute call. The best they can do is hide behind legalism and the ongoing phrase We have no control over the animals we give stores to.

I have an 02 Classic. I like that bike!
Old 05-27-2007, 10:55 AM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
Hard to believe that is some parts of the country they are still pulling this crap. Here in TX, there are so many on the showroom, most sell at MSRP. Those that don't, do not sell too many bikes.
Go to Buddy Stubbs in Phoenix, AZ, he sells at MSRP. Only a 300 mile ride home unless there is still something special about CA bikes.
If you can not get a bike at MSRP, do not buy are go else where. Screw em.
And the MOCO position is; it is up to the dealer. They do not control show room floor pricing, never have.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:14 AM
Hangaround

2kflhr has failed to amuse us
Several years back buying a bike at MSRP was rare. Now, all the dealers in my area have jumped on the bandwagon (to our favor). I definitely wouldn't buy from them. take advantage of it and find one close that sells at MSRP and make a little road trip out of it.

your local dealer
Old 05-27-2007, 11:29 AM
Jams

I ran into similar attempted hosing when I bought my Road Glide.

The deal was made, my credit union had the paperwork all set up for this bike and it's VIN number.

Showed up to close the deal and they tried pulling this crap about the deal was for the sister bike which was identical but had 104 miles on it and did not have the add ons that the bike we made the deal on had.

They said that they had to sell the older one with miles on it first or risk losing their allocation for that model bike for the next year and the salsman had no authority to sell the bike I wanted to buy,,,, only to sell the bike they wanted me to buy!

I told them that was their problem and to bring my trade in back front and to stick the deal where the sun don't shine.

They saw they were losing the deal and changed their tune. I got the bike at the price we dealt on and I gave them my word that I would give them high ratings on the MoCo post purchase owner survey.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:24 PM
Jimi

One of the more frustrating parts about all of this is how common it seems to be.

Enough negative-they suck and that won't change any time soon. So I ride and I smile and I pick bugs from between my teeth because I can.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:19 PM
RedBeard

My local dealer was selling at MSRP back when most other dealers were adding a surcharge. It's a huge dealership, part of the gigantic Ferman auto sales conglomerate, but it still seems like a decent place to go. Haven't had a complaint with them yet, and they do plan to have a Father's Day bikini bike wash, so.........
Old 06-02-2007, 02:30 PM
not Lady G, but....

route66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
My local dealer was selling at MSRP back when most other dealers were adding a surcharge. It's a huge dealership, part of the gigantic Ferman auto sales conglomerate, but it still seems like a decent place to go. Haven't had a complaint with them yet, and they do plan to have a Father's Day bikini bike wash, so.........
Do us fathers get to wash these bikinis while they are on the girls, or do they take them off first.

And, by the way:

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)

Original 43%er

CAT HERDER GORGE CROSSER SKYLINE

My buddy!
Old 06-02-2007, 07:25 PM
8-Ball

San Diego dealers are flooded with bikes... I don't think they are going for over MSRP... my local dealer sold me mine at MSRP...

Jimi, what part of So. Cal are you in?
Old 06-03-2007, 04:47 PM
Jimi

Hey 8! I'm just up the road from you a bit. I'm in Murrieta. I have found dealers that do MSRP just not on the Screaming Eagle. Thats why I was willing to finally go 1k over and then they changed the deal after I had said yes.There is a dealer in El Cajon that does MSRP on everything they just don't have the bike. At this point I'm either going to get a smokin deal on a 07 or Just wait for 08.

Last edited by Jimi; 06-03-2007 at 04:54 PM.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:27 PM
8-Ball

Jimi... I'm up in Murrieta all the time... we should get together for a putt...

El Cajon Harley Davidson is a good place... to buy anyway. Straight shooters, but small so their stock isn't what the others are.

Screamin' Eagle.... no idea about those.

If it were me, I'd wait at least until the dealer meeting in July to see what the '08 offering is going to be. They are discontinuing some models so some new configurations are at hand. I'd wait for an '08 anyway... first model year for '07 and all.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:25 PM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: New World by AJ Fernandez
Rock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygiene
screw buying off the floor. order the bike. You get MSRP. You just have to wait a little while. The middle man can be a real bastage

Old 06-04-2007, 07:04 PM
Jimi

8- Sounds good to me. I've got a 24/7 business so it's going to take more than once to hook up.

Rock- OK you got me. Order from where? From whom? How and where does it get delivered? etc. etc. etc.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:14 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Are they supposed to have customer service?
See below...

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 06-13-2007, 02:36 PM
Permanently Pissy

billymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
It ain't personal, it's just business.

It may not be good business....but....

Vote with your feet and go somewhere else, make it a road trip. The dealer probably knows he has the only bike in the area and that's why he's jack'in it up.

2010 Ultra Classic, Sunglow Red
Curb Feelers and Pine Scent Air Freshener
Yammy TTR-230 Just for fun...

Old 06-13-2007, 03:26 PM
not Lady G, but....

route66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Years ago my wife was filmflammed into a car she did not want, the salesman pulled a switch. We went back and were informed that they couldn't undo the deal because the trade-in was sold. I have a friend at thier bank, he called and talked to the owner about deceptive business practices. We went back and then they tried to charge us $1200 for the detail and services they did to the "trade in" I got in the car, and just drove off. They actually tried to send us to collections. They weren't in business 1 month later. I wonder why?

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)

Original 43%er

CAT HERDER GORGE CROSSER SKYLINE

My buddy!

Last edited by route66paul; 06-13-2007 at 08:31 PM.