Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > MiniGlide's Adventures Working for the Mouse
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

MiniGlide's Adventures Working for the Mouse Updates from Molly.

Old 07-10-2013, 12:11 PM
Amor Vincit Omnia......

Last Cigar Smoked: Drew Estates Kuba Kuba (Lovely!)
stupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Damn Dave.............................................. .

Just damn.

Wendy and I send our bestest wishes for Molly. She is destined for great things, of that, there is no doubt.
Your family is in our prayers.

just a big ol' Doof.....
I MARRIED me a PIRATE!!!....
ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM
Old 07-10-2013, 12:11 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

hornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
So sorry to hear this

Old 07-10-2013, 12:16 PM
I like my bacon battered

BenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Wow... talk about having the rug pulled out from under you.

I hope there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

Old 07-10-2013, 12:38 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
They'll never see a penny of my money. I'm very sorry this happened to Molly.

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 07-10-2013, 12:48 PM
Double-D
Doof Gooner

Last Cigar Smoked: Bubble Gum
Redleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suck
Truly sorry about this Boss.

"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people out there having fun on motorcycles. It makes me take another look." -Steve McQueen
Old 07-10-2013, 05:53 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Bill_76 can happily embrace the suckBill_76 can happily embrace the suckBill_76 can happily embrace the suckBill_76 can happily embrace the suckBill_76 can happily embrace the suckBill_76 can happily embrace the suckBill_76 can happily embrace the suckBill_76 can happily embrace the suckBill_76 can happily embrace the suckBill_76 can happily embrace the suckBill_76 can happily embrace the suck
Sorry to hear this Dave. Best of luck to Molly and you all. Hell of a life lesson.

Sent from my LG-VS700 using Tapatalk 2

Old 07-10-2013, 06:11 PM
Confirmed Luddite

Last Cigar Smoked: Snack Pack Tapioca
Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
So sorry to hear. I had a cousin that was promised his dream job "but it's not ready so you'll have to drive a safari truck for 4-6 weeks." After a year on the safari truck he came home.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:13 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSkip View Post
X2.

Nothing like bad publicity and the internet.

Send them back the Mickey ears with a little something extra.

Kimber

Old 07-10-2013, 06:23 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
This is the same employment model Wal Mart uses, either you don't make probation or you're kept to 32 or less hours a week.

And waiting in the wings and upcoming employer screwing out of benefits, is if you work 32 or less hours a week, the employer doesn't have to pay into the "national health care plan"

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 07-10-2013, 06:36 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSkip View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroad Mike View Post
X2.

Nothing like bad publicity and the internet.

Send them back the Mickey ears with a little something extra.
Let me restate that.

They'll never see a penny of our money, so that's three of us that will never darken their door.

I believe as you train new employees, the onus is on the employer to evaluate their progress in a tangible way. They should take a couple of minutes a week or a day if needed to explain what they see that doesn't meet their criteria for full time employment.

I think that Walt Disney has a problem in HR and middle management.

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Double-D

huckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suck
Sorry this turned out badly. It might be better that it was 89 days rather than 8 or 9 years of wasted effort.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I hate to say this, 'cause it sucks for the Mega family, but....

For every young woman like Molly, and every family behind her, there are literally millions of little girls who want to go see Cinderella's castle. Disney's a multi-billion dollar global empire. They don't give two $hits about a kid with hurt feelings, or in Molly's case, having to move half way across the country.

Because they know there's plenty more behind her, and they know that no matter how much Molly, Maggie, Dave, and Laura complain about her shoddy treatment, they'll still sell millions of dollars of merchandise tomorrow.

It f*cking sucks, but that's the way it is. Disney's a rotten company and they have been for years. Unfortunately, there isn't a whole lot that's going to change that.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 07-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Securitas Emeritus

Homesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Stockman View Post

For every young woman like Molly, and every family behind her, there are literally millions of little girls who want to go see Cinderella's castle. Disney's a multi-billion dollar global empire. They don't give two $hits about a kid with hurt feelings, or in Molly's case, having to move half way across the country.

Because they know there's plenty more behind her, and they know that no matter how much Molly, Maggie, Dave, and Laura complain about her shoddy treatment, they'll still sell millions of dollars of merchandise tomorrow.

It f*cking sucks, but that's the way it is. Disney's a rotten company and they have been for years. Unfortunately, there isn't a whole lot that's going to change that.
I think they probably did her a favor. That hasn't been Walt's Disney for a long time.

joe

FXRT- Hubba Hubba
Old 07-10-2013, 07:04 PM
Under Construction

Last Cigar Smoked: Robert Burns Blackwatch, in the '70s
TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Stockman View Post
I concur. Such callous treatment is the hallmark of today's faceless bureaucracies. It's all around if you look past most surface appearances.

The less-civil side of me would be contemplating flaying the living skin from the person responsible for breaking my daughter's heart like that*.

*NSA Disclaimer: it's a hyperbolic statement.
Somewhat dilapidated, yet functional, Kubota L2500
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
'02 Wrangler X, 4" lift on 33 x 12.50s
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140
Felt Nine 50
Killin' more bees than Monsanto
Old 07-10-2013, 09:10 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Wish it wasn't so but have heard similar stories about Disney over the years.

Hoping Molly finds a place where they truly appreciate all she has to offer.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me