Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Ask The Techs...
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Ask The Techs... This is the way it works. Post up your question in the appropriate Forum, then put a link to it here. We'll ask some very savvy folks to monitor the posts here and answer your question. If you are a Tech answering a question, please do it in the linked thread rather than here. In this way, we can build info in the appropriate Forum. Thanks.

Old 06-08-2018, 02:33 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Question '10 ULTRA CLASSIC...

....don't have an electrical manual.
What wire feeds the accessory switch, and what wire feeds the spot lamp switch?

I want to change wiring so spot lamps will stay on with high beam.
Figured I would do this while bike is blown apart for paint.

Thanks dzl

Old 06-08-2018, 03:33 PM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
This diagram has been on the interwebs for many years. Don't know if it answers your questions, but it seems to be the go-to for keeping the spots on with high beam for pre-rushmore models

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[
Old 06-08-2018, 03:45 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
That was what I was thinking. Just wasn`t sure about year.
I can`t see the Motor Company changing anything in those switches from `07 to `10.

Thanks. Daniel

Old 06-08-2018, 04:56 PM
Birth Control PosterChild

Jackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milk
Ya want me to come up and fix it for ya????

Old 06-08-2018, 09:19 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
How about just purchasing Harley Part 69200441.

Independent Control Auxiliary Lamp Wiring harness Kit

Allows control of aux lights with High or Low beam.

Works fine on my 2011.

$ 29.95

Kimber

Old 06-08-2018, 09:25 PM
snow pirate

Last Cigar Smoked: No thanks.
stoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroad Mike View Post

Works fine on my 2011.

$ 29.95
This. Works on my 2009. Don't be such a cheap bastage.

ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST.

GFFG
Old 06-08-2018, 09:47 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Running an 80/110 watt headlamp and 55 watt passing lamps. Math tells me too much load for one 15 amp circuit.

Besides the bike is blown apart for paint.

Eh.

Old 06-09-2018, 06:10 AM
snow pirate

Last Cigar Smoked: No thanks.
stoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzlfitr View Post
Running an 80/110 watt headlamp and 55 watt passing lamps. Math tells me too much load for one 15 amp circuit.

Besides the bike is blown apart for paint.

Eh.
LED's. Just sayin'.

ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST.

GFFG
Old 06-09-2018, 06:13 AM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
I tried running 55 watt passing lamps. Ended up melting the housing.

80/100? Damn, you can cook a steak on that.

I'm using this Crylon headlight below, It's a couple years old and they've got a new model out now. Haven't tried the update.

Second pick is the LED spotlights I'm using.

Best set up I've had in 13 years.

Day or night, straight or twisties, I'm happy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Led Headlight.jpg (121.7 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg Spots.jpg (28.2 KB, 43 views)

Kimber

Old 06-09-2018, 09:34 AM

Jackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoney View Post
This. Works on my 2009. Don't be such a cheap bastage.

Yea, quit being a cheap bastage.

Old 06-09-2018, 05:46 PM
Double-D

BigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroad Mike View Post

Works fine on my 2011.

$ 29.95

I’ve got the one I snagged off my ‘05 when I traded. I’m pretty sure it’s the same part. If I can find it in my disaster of a garage I’ll send it to you and you can continue on being a cheap bastage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gaZinTa OF THE YEAR 2007
gaZinTa OF THE YEAR 2015
Old 06-09-2018, 05:53 PM
Double-D

BigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTOE View Post
I’ve got the one I snagged off my ‘05 when I traded. I’m pretty sure it’s the same part. If I can find it in my disaster of a garage I’ll send it to you and you can continue on being a cheap bastage.

PMith me thou address.

gaZinTa OF THE YEAR 2007
gaZinTa OF THE YEAR 2015
Old 06-09-2018, 09:47 PM

And the cheap bastageness continues!!!!!!!