Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Bikers For God
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 07-19-2011, 07:31 AM
R.I.P.
just sayin'

racindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
A Devotional for Men‏

The Responsible Party

And David said to God, "I am the one who called for the census! I am the one who has sinned and done wrong! But these people are as innocent as sheep--what have they done?"
1 Chronicles 21:17

During the course of life, situations will not always go as planned or expected. Some will be insignificant in nature. Others will have an effect on the lives of many people. When faced with situations such as these, a leader can react in a number of ways. They can run away from the issue. They can attempt to place the blame on others. Or they can stand up and admit responsibility for their actions or decisions. A successful leader will take the latter option.

King David had such a situation arise while he was leading the people of Israel. In Chronicles 21, we read that Satan put into David's mind the desire to take a census. The problem with implementing such a plan involved David's pride, for the census was meant to determine the size and strength of Israel's army. His commander Joab objected to the idea, but the king's decision prevailed. God knew that the census wasn't a good idea and was not happy with David because of it. At this point, David had a choice to make as the leader of the people. Would he blame Satan for his decision? Would Joab be accused of wrongdoing? Would David distance himself from the issue?

Actually, David took none of these actions. Instead, he told God, "I have sinned greatly by taking this census. Please forgive my guilt for doing this foolish thing" (1 Chronicles 21:8). His admission of wrongdoing was costly in terms of human lives, but by standing up and accepting responsibility, he prevented a worse fate.

David's example offers a good, though costly, lesson. When a situation turns out badly, don't run away or blame someone else. Instead, ask God for strength and admit your fault. Realize that others may suffer because of your mistake. Accept the consequences. It's the responsible thing to do.

Tyndale House Publishers © 2011

Help save a life, become a donor marrow.org

Old 07-19-2011, 08:25 AM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: comancho
Sonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Unfortunately it seems the "BLAME GAME" prevails in todays society.

Chris
RIP MONGOOSE

2002 RK Police
95 Big Bore Kit, Weisco Flat Top Pistons, 9.13:1
Engine built by Wilsons of E-town,KY
Vance and Hines Ovals
SE Air Cleaner, K&N Filter
2006 HD Stock Heads
Andrews 26G Cams
Dyno'd by ENGINES BY OTTO

851st ARMY SECURITY AGENCY - Europe - 74-77
Old 07-19-2011, 12:16 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

hornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Thanks Dave, it is the way we should all live.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:30 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Lord grand us the strength to do as David.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 07-19-2011, 05:36 PM
Double-D
The Mechanic

d j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
True words.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:42 PM
A. DooF

Last Cigar Smoked: Whatever was next in the Mega rotation
par_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Great example to live by.

Thanks for sharing this.

"I want to live and ride free, unencumbered by all but God's love." ~ Red Rider
Old 07-19-2011, 05:56 PM
Double-D

huckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suck
Thanks, Dave.

Old 07-20-2011, 06:36 AM
R.I.P.
just sayin'

racindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
God With Us

This is one of my favorite verses.....

Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

It's not always easy for me to trust God and follow him. There are tough patches of life that drain me and test my faith. "God, you've told me to leave my job and follow you, but where will the money come from? How will I pay my rent?" It's hard to trust. Or, "God, you've given me this ministry, but nothing seems to be sinking in. I can't make everyone happy." It's hard to trust. It's easier to worry and become discouraged.

God says, "I am with you." He is with me. No matter what I go through, he is by my side. No matter if I can't pay my mortgage, he is with me. No matter if the world seems to be against me, he is with me. I don't need to fear. No matter if I hear more criticism than encouragement about my leadership, I don't need to be discouraged. He is my God--he is in control of it all. All I need to do is have faith and trust his promises.

You know what the best part is? I don't have to do it alone. He gives me the strength I need when I don't feel I can take another step. He helps me in those times when I want to give up. He holds me up to see the fruits of my ministry and find victory in doing his service. I can trust him.

Are you struggling with trusting God? Does the future seem hazy and impossible? Do you doubt your impact on people's lives? Don't be afraid. Don't be discouraged--nothing is impossible with God. He will help you through your times of doubt. Run to him, and he will give you all the strength and help that you need to accomplish his purposes for your life.

Tyndale House Publishers © 2011

Help save a life, become a donor marrow.org

Old 07-20-2011, 12:28 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

hornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Thanks Dave

Old 07-20-2011, 07:05 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
Thank you.

Ich bin Sven Hoek.