Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Engine & Transmission
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 02-20-2009, 09:53 AM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
wrist pin retaining ring installation

It was nice of someone to find this, and post it up.

http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=139438

HOWEVER, it looks like it's being done on a TC88 or some 'other' piston. It's certainly not a stock flat top piston for a 80 inch 1340 evo.
The 3/4 inch coupling needs to be a coupling W/O a stop (so the 5/8) socket can pass through it.

Bigger deal than that is that the 3/4 inch coupling is larger in diamiter then the wrist pin in the stock 80 inch flat top piston. So you can't just push it in as describe.

My question is ... other than the second example shown in that thread .... what method have yall used to install the retaining clips ?

I'd like to get her back together this weekend .... I can see this is going to be a challenge. I tried to put one in last night with the piston on the bench. Figured I get one side of each of the pistons before they go back on the bike ....

I was not successful in getting one installed. So if I can't do this on the bench, sure as hell I can't do it when it's hanging on the bike.

Thanks for any advise and help that you can provide !!

States I've ridden my scoots in:

Old 02-20-2009, 10:14 AM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Piece of cake. Sent you a PM

Meng

TKWSV

Old 02-20-2009, 04:37 PM
Above Average DDude

Last Cigar Smoked: A. Fuente, Curly Head
YankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sock
http://www.bigboyzheadporting.com/showthread.php?t=82

Sh!t doesn't stink unless ya' poke it!

Deut 23:12-13 (How to sh!t in the woods)
Old 02-20-2009, 07:04 PM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer-Glide View Post
Piece of cake. Sent you a PM
got the PM, THANKS !!!

Sorry that I missed my window

you got a PM back

Waiting to hear from you, your's truly

Old 03-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Buffalo Hump

I installed one in each of the pistons while they're on the bench .... posted up pics in my thread about the build ...

here:
http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/sho...362#post666362

Old 03-01-2009, 12:39 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Tear 'em up Mikie!!!

Meng

TKWSV