Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Engine & Transmission
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 03-28-2009, 06:50 PM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: New World by AJ Fernandez
Rock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Wow. This forum is becoming techy. Me likey.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:45 PM
GazintA

TerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
Some good reading here - I wonder if we could find or write a computer model to illustrate and output data for different grinds... input data like engine type & displacement, heads, AC, pipes, different cams and RPMs and it would output TQ/HP at various RPMs and advancement settings... similar to Dsanchez spreadsheet...
This is the one I've used. It's ok but a little quirky in that certain inputs change other inputs, so ya really have to be careful when changing compression ratio, port size, etc.

It's fun to goof around with, but nowhere near as good as advice from a knowledgeable engine builder.

Engine by Otto.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:08 PM
The Molenator

CDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
mind numbing...

In order to stick an Andrews 26G into my 05 FXD (stage one: SERT, Air Cleaner, Slip-ons)...what else do I need (besides a wad of cash, which I don't have).

Clint
Bikeless

I'm a Doof, and Damn Proud of it!

Old 03-28-2009, 10:28 PM
GazintA

TerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDouthitt View Post
mind numbing...

In order to stick an Andrews 26G into my 05 FXD (stage one: SERT, Air Cleaner, Slip-ons)...what else do I need (besides a wad of cash, which I don't have).
At a minimum, gears. At a maximum, gears and mill the heads.

You'll probably like 37's better. No additional costs compared to the 26's although milling the heads becomes more a necessity than an option.

Engine by Otto.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:48 AM
Double-D

Dsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographic
Missed something...maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryMiller View Post
This is the one I've used. It's ok but a little quirky in that certain inputs change other inputs, so ya really have to be careful when changing compression ratio, port size, etc.

It's fun to goof around with, but nowhere near as good as advice from a knowledgeable engine builder.

Terry...was there supposed to be a link or are you saying that you've used the cam spreadsheet that I posted ? Anyway...anoth good one is on the Big Boyz Heads site...

http://www.bigboyzcycles.com/tccams.htm

Old 03-29-2009, 09:02 AM
The Molenator

CDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
So...
Part Number____Item___________________________Retail___ ___Online
288126G_______26G Camshafts___________________$304.67____$247.10
288908________Drive gears (4 gears, keys, bolts)____$447.82___$362.78
288901________Installation kit (gasket, bearings)_____$30.47____$29.62
292188________TW-88 AlumPushrods (EZ install)_____$129.75___$113.36

What else...

Terry, I've thought about the 37G's, but I'm not sure that I want to do the head work.

Clint
Bikeless

I'm a Doof, and Damn Proud of it!

Old 03-29-2009, 10:26 AM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
So...

What else...

Terry, I've thought about the 37G's, but I'm not sure that I want to do the head work.

States I've ridden my scoots in:

Old 03-29-2009, 11:01 AM
Woody218

Quote:
So...

What else...

Clint...you don't want aluminium pushrods. They are prone to flex.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:32 PM
GazintA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsanchez View Post
Terry...was there supposed to be a link or are you saying that you've used the cam spreadsheet that I posted ? Anyway...anoth good one is on the Big Boyz Heads site...

http://www.bigboyzcycles.com/tccams.htm
http://www.cycle-rama.com/CRProducts.html

drunk posting.

Engine by Otto.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Hangaround

Baggerdad has failed to amuse us
I compiled that info from various internet several years back and posted it on several forums. Good to see it is still be posted around.