Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Wheels & Tires
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 09-07-2015, 02:59 PM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
Buying from Revzillia

I bought a set of Michilen Commander II from Revzillia.
I placed the order yesterday, here's the tires I ordered:

180/65b/16 (rear) $201
130/80b/17 (front) $146

Free shipping = $347

Today I was poking around and found the same tires at Dennis Kirk for 173 and 122 for a total of $295

then I checked the PRICE CHECK policy at Revzilla .. NORMALY this is done in your shopping cart, form is at the bottom.

HOWEVER there is also a clause in their policy that IF your order is still 'IN PROCESS' status they can/will do a price check.

Lucky for me, holiday weekend so my order was still 'in process' they did the price check TODAY, Holiday, and emailed me, they reduced my charge to = the price of DK .. so my bill is now $295

The stealer charge is $85/tire for mounting dammint I wish I had a way around that ...

Bottom line here, I've bought several things from Revzilla in the past few years. I will continue to deal with them .... Great Customer service, good prices , free shipping, and FAST too

States I've ridden my scoots in:

Old 09-07-2015, 07:21 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Look for their authorized installers. Even around here where labor's $105/hr, I can get mail-order tires mounted for $40.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 09-07-2015, 07:31 PM
A. DooF

Last Cigar Smoked: Whatever was next in the Mega rotation
par_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Stockman View Post
Look for their authorized installers. Even around here where labor's $105/hr, I can get mail-order tires mounted for $40.
^^^
This

Or, I've used a Polaris dealer a few times and they are way more affordable than the dealer.

"I want to live and ride free, unencumbered by all but God's love." ~ Red Rider
Old 09-07-2015, 07:34 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Just wrassle them like a monkey on a new coconut...

One time I took wheel off the bike, schlepped it all the way to Reno and didn't save enough to do that for them.

And the bike didn't get washed, didn't this last time I took the whole shebang to them either?

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 09-07-2015, 07:43 PM
Zintaround

pa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suck
Check with a local indy. I get my tires for a very reasonable price from them and mounted and balanced for $20 if I take the wheel off.

Old 09-07-2015, 08:00 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
I have two local places that will mount the tires when I bring in the wheel/tire.

One is $22.00, but is 30 miles out in the country.

Other place is a Dunlop dealer in town for $ 30.00.

Kimber

Old 09-08-2015, 07:23 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Local Indy here, 20 bux off the bike. I gave up doing them by hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 09-09-2015, 08:07 AM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Revzilla has a store front about an hour from me in Philly. Ordered stuff from them, I swear it gets to my house almost before I get home. Great service

Meng

TKWSV

Old 09-09-2015, 09:31 AM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer-Glide View Post
Revzilla has a store front about an hour from me in Philly. Ordered stuff from them, I swear it gets to my house almost before I get home. Great service
Oh, store front, near home, oh lordy !

My tires are 'shipped' and will be here tomorrow ... That's pretty fast considering that I ordered them on the holiday weekend

States I've ridden my scoots in: