Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Brakes, Rotors & Calipers
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 07-23-2013, 11:58 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Heavens to Murgatroyd.

Weeping.

Found this while swapping the tire. So, while I'm in there, EBC HH pads (favorites on the older stuff) or is there a consensus on another best choice for the Brembo ABS setup?
Anybody have bleeder digi- tool?

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 07-24-2013, 04:32 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
HH pads are the shiz. You don't need the Digital Tech as long as you don't get any air in the system from the master cylinder. When I swapped my pads, I didn't even bother taking the cover off the M/C. Just make sure you spray out all the ook from the caliper.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 07-24-2013, 06:12 AM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
what he said minus the tin snips
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 07-24-2013, 06:29 AM
Trash

Last Cigar Smoked: The one in the ash tray
noodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
I wonder if I need pads yet?

®
Old 07-24-2013, 06:36 AM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I'll be overhauling the caliper. I can't ignore the ook. Ook must be stopped.
One those frustrating things; 12,000 miles and a caliper leaking...

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 07-24-2013, 06:54 AM
grapenutless

y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSurly View Post
are you sure its leaking? if so then I would take it apart, but then you are at the mercy of a dealer to bleed the abs
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty

Old 07-24-2013, 07:10 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSurly View Post
Are you sure it's leaking? Your bike's awfully new for that to be an issue. I'm willing to bet that you've just got ook buildup from road spooge and pad dust. Clean the pistons really good with brake cleaner and a toothbrush (not the one you use, use your wife's), and I'll bet the caliper is fine.

Old 07-24-2013, 07:16 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Spooge vs splooge.
By a vote of 869,000 to 728,000, spooge wins.
Thank you, The Google.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:17 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Disgusting viscous motorcycle emanations were called "mung and drool" back in my day...

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:36 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGlide View Post
Disgusting viscous motorcycle emanations were called "mung and drool" back in my day...
I reserve "mung" for back-of-the-bike buildup, as there's usually engine or primary emissions mixed in (for texture).

Old 07-24-2013, 08:13 AM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

I was enjoying 'ook'. My experience recognizes what I'm seeing as brake fluid mixed proportionately with pad dust and road grime to produce dreck. That's what we used to call it 'back in the day'. In fact, it is very reminiscent of the special Girling Amber dreck of which many fond autocross memories are made. Fitting as this is Dot4.
Again, I was enjoying Ook.
Further investigation will no doubt result in glossy photographs with the circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one, explaining what each one was, to be used as evidence...
Note that at first glance, it appears moist.
Further, there does not look to be any trace of wet stuff nearby and no ready alternate source of durable moisture.

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 07-24-2013, 08:18 AM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippsy View Post
are you sure its leaking? if so then I would take it apart, but then you are at the mercy of a dealer to bleed the abs
I think I can avoid the dealer as long as I'm careful to close off the line and extra careful to avoid letting the MC get dry.

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 07-24-2013, 08:23 AM
Doof Clenas Member

Last Cigar Smoked: Probably a Swisher Sweet
Ancient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suck
Oh, and if you have a Mighty Vac, you don't need no stinkin' dealer for any brake bleeding. Taller bars meant a longer line back to the ABS on the front of mine. Filled up the master and slipped the vac hose over the lh bleeder valve. Cracked it and pulled a vacuum till the bubbles stopped. Did the rh. Done deal. Works great. No codes.

Greg
Old 07-24-2013, 08:54 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippsy View Post
If you apply the brake a little bit, (about halfway), use a rubber band, baleing twine, whatever, you should not lose any fluid. You don't lose fluid, air can not enter the system.

I do this at the pigmine when swapping calipers in cars and trucks.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:25 AM
grapenutless

I see a small amount of smegma
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty