Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Suspension
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Suspension Shocks, Forks, Front Ends, Stabilizers, etc...

Old 09-24-2013, 09:42 AM
Bard of the 43 Words

Last Cigar Smoked: 5 Vegas Miami
TimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippsy View Post
Don't let Russ breath near them
...or even...

or odd either...
2003 FXD aka 'Wild Blue'
"Ask not what Doof Clenas can do for you, but what you can do for Doof Clenas." TimmyD (2006)

Old 10-25-2013, 03:20 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Installed 'em "as-is". With the bike upright and unloaded, they measure 12-3/4 c-t-c and when I park my lard ass on the the bike the sag is 5/8".

Is that close to the plan?

I've only had the briefest ride around the neighborhood with a short blast on the highway. I can already see a large difference in harshness.
In fact I remember thinking that damn, the front end seems harsh! I then realized that the rear was so improved that it really emphasized other areas.
I'm on the way to the Pig Trail tomorrow, but unfortunately, not on the bike due to others going along. Maybe I can ride NEXT weekend.

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 10-25-2013, 03:27 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I just set mine, when I can afford a set, to mid adjustment.

Unless I'm transporting a souvenir meteor on the bike.

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 10-25-2013, 03:30 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSurly View Post
Installed 'em "as-is". With the bike upright and unloaded, they measure 12-3/4 c-t-c and when I park my lard ass on the the bike the sag is 5/8".

Is that close to the plan?

I've only had the briefest ride around the neighborhood with a short blast on the highway. I can already see a large difference in harshness.
In fact I remember thinking that damn, the front end seems harsh! I then realized that the rear was so improved that it really emphasized other areas.
I'm on the way to the Pig Trail tomorrow, but unfortunately, not on the bike due to others going along. Maybe I can ride NEXT weekend.

you need to find out what the stroke is, divide by 3, that would be your sag setting. Measure the shocks fully extended bolt to bolt(up on a lift or jack), then sit your butt on the bike and measure again, adjust sag till its right meaning fully extended minus the sag value. So if you measure 100 and the sag was 20, adjust till it measures 80 (random numbers inserted for ease) ....readjust once the springs settle in around 1k miles.

12"/305 mm Stroke: 2 7/16"/88 mm--29mm sag
12.59"/320 mm Stroke: 2 1/2"/64 mm-21mm sag
12.95”/329 mm Stroke: 3 5/8"/92mm-30mm sag
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 10-25-2013, 04:04 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Does not having a briss, add to the stroke ratio or does it just increase the compression ratio?

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 10-25-2013, 04:06 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Compression ratio of course
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty