Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Test Rides and Reviews
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Test Rides and Reviews If you've gone out and ridden it... let us know your thoughts...

Old 08-15-2009, 01:32 PM
Double-D
Dr. of Doof

OKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
09 K1300GT Test Review

Rode one this morning at BMW Motorcycles of Oklahoma. Great dealer, great salesperson, no hassle test ride.

Impressions:

1. This bike handles really well. Feels light, engine is smooth as a jet engine (and it sounds like one too!), turns on a dime. Very responsive. Controls are well organized. Brakes are incredible! Really shines on the interstate where you can test out those 160 HP.

2. Riding position is too sport bike-ish. I dont like my foot position and I'm leaning forward. Not enough lower end torque.

3. Plastic plastic plastic. No chrome or thunder (I didn't expect it on a BMW).

Verdict: I'm sticking with the Harley Ultra Classic. This bike would eat up the mountains in ES for sure, but it just doesn't have that "soul" that I crave on the HD.

Bob

D.F.F.D.

/Users/rleonard12/Desktop/star-trek-expendability.jpg
Old 08-15-2009, 02:00 PM
Public Doofender

Highmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milk
I've considered one.

Did you know I liked Bobbers?

Old 08-15-2009, 02:39 PM
Double-D
The Mechanic

d j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Before I bought into H-D I had looked at the R1200RT and Goldwing. Loved the BMW. Dealer wouldn't give me the time of day.
Goldwing...no soul. Just a bland lump, like a refrigerator. Numb.

Old 08-15-2009, 03:11 PM
Doof Clenas Member

squid33 is not in AOL's target demographicsquid33 is not in AOL's target demographicsquid33 is not in AOL's target demographicsquid33 is not in AOL's target demographicsquid33 is not in AOL's target demographicsquid33 is not in AOL's target demographicsquid33 is not in AOL's target demographicsquid33 is not in AOL's target demographicsquid33 is not in AOL's target demographicsquid33 is not in AOL's target demographicsquid33 is not in AOL's target demographic
yea some of the BMW dealers are crappy in that respect my dad had the k1200 but then switched to the GS and got the concourse instead of the K1200

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are
willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-15-2009, 03:16 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
You could about buy it and a regular Harley for the price of CVO, if you got money burning a hole in your pocket. Can't have to many bikes.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:34 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
Hey Bob, the local dealer has a '10 CVO Ultra that you want and he'll give you more than 13.5 K for yours.

Let me know if you need contact info.

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 08-15-2009, 05:04 PM
Double-D
Dr. of Doof

OKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSkip View Post
Hey Bob, the local dealer has a '10 CVO Ultra that you want and he'll give you more than 13.5 K for yours.

Let me know if you need contact info.
Thanks, Skip. I'm hoping to get 16k for my Ultra. I've got some money down on a red/black CVO in Lawton. Thanks for the heads up, Bro!!!!

Bob

D.F.F.D.

Old 08-15-2009, 05:08 PM
Double-D
Dr. of Doof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
You could about buy it and a regular Harley for the price of CVO, if you got money burning a hole in your pocket. Can't have to many bikes.
I hear ya, Mike. Sometimes things just don't make sense. I want the CVO. I've got a fatboy, and to tell you the truth, I have to do quite a bit of riding to keep both up and serviced. For me, two bikes is about my limit. Some day I may buy the BMW, but for the forseeable future, I'm sticking with the Ultra.

Bob

D.F.F.D.