Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Seats, Saddles, Pillions, Backrests, Luggage Racks & Paks
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 04-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Birth Control PosterChild

Jackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milk
If I understand what you're saying right, I don't think that would work. The bag he has sits on to of the rack, so the gussets would be in the way of the bag. It's a solid shaft, so as long as the welds hold (and no, I didn't weld them), i think it should be fine.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:41 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Last Cigar Smoked: Banana pudding after some baby back ribs
jasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Solid bar ain't necessarily stronger....

Separated at birth? You decide
Old 04-12-2012, 04:52 PM
DD
Lowest of the Low - XLIII

Location: Northern Ohio... the grid paper of motorcycle riding
yolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suck
I'll let you know how it works out. The canada trip will be a good test for it.

I think it should be fine for what I plan on using it for, though.
Since the sissy bar does a majority of the support and the bag is usual 20-25 pounds at most, I think it should be good. Really the only point of the bar is to keep the bag off the fender.

Bungie cords are a given, I plan on making mongoose proud.

If not and it fails.. well back to the drawing board and it will be one more bag strapped to keith's bike...
Get to it pack mule.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:54 PM
DD

yolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasilva View Post
Solid bar ain't necessarily stronger....
Sorry man, my wife like a solid bar....

Old 04-12-2012, 05:53 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

jasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by yolkum View Post
Sorry man, my wife like a solid bar....

Shooting blanks are we?

Tubing is generally much stronger and more rigid.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:11 PM
DD

Quote:
Shooting blanks are we?

damn right. I had three kids... I would have used a pen knife if the insurance wouldn't have covered the surgery.

Tubing is generally much stronger and more rigid.

Yes if you are using a larger diameter hollow rod. Then it would be true. If the diameter of the solid and hollow rod are the same, then the hollow rod is likely to be weaker.

I think what your saying is true, but it's a matter of weight to strength ratio that makes the hollow pipe better than a solid rod. It really matters on the situation.

That's if I remember right. I'm no metal worker so I could be off base on this one, but swear that's how it works out.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:54 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Quote:

Exactly right, so I'll take my LARGE diameter hollow rod over your small diameter solid rod, and so will the ladies I'll wager.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:58 PM
DD

Quote:
Exactly right, so I'll take my LARGE diameter hollow rod over your small diameter solid rod, and so will the ladies I'll wager.
I'm a bit concerned by how intrigued you are with my rod?
You sure it's the ladies you're showing yers too?

Old 04-12-2012, 07:37 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Quote:
I'm a bit concerned by how intrigued you are with my rod?
You sure it's the ladies you're showing yers too?
I do believe you started the rod discussion.

Oh wait I'm wrong it was your alter ego, the Jackwagon.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:05 PM
BSL/SBSH

Last Cigar Smoked: "It's a Girl"
Luke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbit View Post
Geddy Lee, Neil Peart and Alex Lifeson (among others) are rockers and they're let into Canada.......

I'm not sure the jury's returned yet.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:11 AM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Thorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sock
Extend the mounting bracket to support the rod ya Jackwagon.

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms." "Gimme back, gimme back my bullets"

Tags
luggage, rack, rocker, softail