Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Specialty
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Specialty Choppers, Customs, Rats, etc.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:01 PM
Asst public Doofender

Yosamite Sam has failed to amuse us
Alright, a visit today to Easy Eddies and the engine,tank and oil tank were brought to the welder's yesterday as promised. This Friday or early next week hopefully the finished frame will be back and I will take pictures finally...

lookin for a 43 DD
Member of Retreads
Retired MSG USAR
NRA Life Member
Gruntled Postal Worker
Old 12-04-2008, 01:58 PM
Asst public Doofender

I am sorry if some of you or most of you are not aware of the stupid stuff that has been going on with my bobber the last several weeks. I am posting another
pre-frame viewing story. The welder had the frame for three weeks plus and charged me 20 hours of labor to amount to $1100. We got it back day before yesterday and the back spine was bent among other things.

Today the welder company owner had his people come back bright and early to pick up the frame with engine. He has promised to weld it back himself on Saturday and have it back ready to powder coat on Monday. I might have a picture for y'all by then. We would like to have in the Easy riders show by January 24-25th at Charlotte, NC if possible. I hand sewed a leather seat cover after tooling it with some designs. I then dyed it and I have had some compliments on it. The tank is presently being prepped for painting.

lookin for a 43 DD
Member of Retreads
Retired MSG USAR
NRA Life Member
Gruntled Postal Worker
Old 12-04-2008, 02:01 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
Can't wait to see it

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Old 12-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Obsolete Doof Prospect

ridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Sorry you had trouble.
I've got my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly from here on.

If you are going to have it showing in Charlotte, I may have to ask for
a kitchen pass. (havn't been to the show since I got married)

Introducing the Al Gore engine

Obsolete Doof
1998 Obsolete Springer Rider
Part time Shovel Rider
Some time XLCH Kicker

Old 12-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Clubhouse Electrician

Q-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmiles View Post
.....I will be practicing my pinstriping skills. I have gotten old and shaky. He may have some very weird designs. I hope he likes wavy lines.
I'm SURE Mr. Von Dutch (after rolling over in his grave...) would be proud!

Old 12-24-2008, 01:38 PM
Public Doofender

Highmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milk
Here is an update with pics of the mockup, and engine detailing.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Marc's Bobber 2.jpg (31.9 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg Engine 1.jpg (8.5 KB, 149 views)
File Type: jpg Engine 2.jpg (9.0 KB, 150 views)

Did you know I liked Bobbers?

Old 12-24-2008, 10:25 PM
GazintA

TerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milk
That's looking pretty good. I'd like to see the tank a little higher in the front. Just enough to get a finger between the rocker covers and the tank. But that's just me.

Engine by Otto.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:46 AM
Public Doofender

Highmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryMiller View Post
That's looking pretty good. I'd like to see the tank a little higher in the front. Just enough to get a finger between the rocker covers and the tank. But that's just me.
That was my comment also, but alas Marc likes it as is.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:03 AM
GazintA

TerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmiles View Post
That was my comment also, but alas Marc likes it as is.

And it's his bike. He'd have no problem finding support either. I know a bunch of people that disagree with me. Like every friggin' designer that works at the MoCo.

Engine by Otto.
Old 12-25-2008, 12:26 PM
Public Doofender

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryMiller View Post
And it's his bike. He'd have no problem finding support either. I know a bunch of people that disagree with me. Like every friggin' designer that works at the MoCo.

Old 12-25-2008, 02:00 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Looks like it's starting to take shape. Thanks for the update pics Jim.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 12-25-2008, 10:05 PM
Asst public Doofender

Now all we need is to get it ready for the powdercoat by welding on the fender, seat and brake tab. I am looking for Old School Orange grips. The shop has the holiday lazy's though.

lookin for a 43 DD
Member of Retreads
Retired MSG USAR
NRA Life Member
Gruntled Postal Worker
Old 12-25-2008, 10:09 PM
Asst public Doofender

Oh yeah, the height of the tank in the front is controlled by the tank and frame connection. I would have to do some major work to raise it up in the front. As it is the guy has to weld some extender tabs under the tank where the back connection is not exactly placed right on the frame. Thanks again master welder

lookin for a 43 DD
Member of Retreads
Retired MSG USAR
NRA Life Member
Gruntled Postal Worker
Old 12-26-2008, 11:15 AM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Where's Gazoo when you need him...

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 12-28-2008, 12:25 AM
Asst public Doofender

Went to Easy Eddies today with Highmiles and saw the welds on my frame. Real close to powder coating, but waiting for the pipes to come in to get the supports welded on...

lookin for a 43 DD
Member of Retreads
Retired MSG USAR
NRA Life Member
Gruntled Postal Worker