Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Accessories
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Accessories Horns, Pegs, Guards, MP3, Sat. Radio, GPS, etc.

Old 03-14-2017, 02:36 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Radio (Boom!Box Infotainment) won't come on

2015 Ultra Limited.

Battery has been kept charged via a trickle charger all winter. One day a week.

The engine cranks over and starts, (with very little lifter noise!) the screen comes up with the warning & "accept" the warnings "button". press that and the face of the radio goes blank.

One cycle it did go to the "home" selection menu screen then goes dark / blank.

Technology is a wonderful thing...

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 03-14-2017, 03:01 PM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Dunno.

Lots of random, makes-no-sense fixes out there.

Most say pull the fuse, then re-install it. Some say main fuse, some say radio fuse. Your choice, I reckon.

Some say start the bike, don't turn on the radio 'til after 20 secs. or so.

Some got so annoyed they got rid of the problem via trade-in.

Mebbe there's an F6B in your future?

Old 03-14-2017, 04:56 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Yeah, been using the google fu also, probably pull the main and go from there.

Still under warranty, they will probably install a tail light bulb to "attempt" to fix it...

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 03-14-2017, 06:52 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Well...

Pulled and reinserted the main fuse a few times.

Nothing.

Reading the big electrical diagnosis shop manual, it mentions something about if any of the control switches being stuck in a position may keep the radio from coming on.

So... went out and toggled and swiveled all the switches, including the ones on the Tour Pack®.

Going to pull the big fuse again and let it stew overnight.

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 03-15-2017, 10:45 AM
A. DooF

Last Cigar Smoked: Whatever was next in the Mega rotation
par_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Don't know if it's possible in the current state, but have you updated the firmware?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I want to live and ride free, unencumbered by all but God's love." ~ Red Rider
Old 03-15-2017, 12:21 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by par_fore View Post
Don't know if it's possible in the current state, but have you updated the firmware?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One of the first things I did last March/ April after I got it home.

Shameful that dealer didn't do it when they cleaned and prepped it prior to me taking delivery of it.

This morning checked battery cables, loosened and re tightened, thus the dreams of repairing battery cables last night.

Going to push it out of freezer later today, air up tires and "spit wash" it and see if radio wakes up. Maybe ride after it gets above 50°...

Sent from mobile device prone to spelling errors

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 03-15-2017, 03:28 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

OK, so friend called wanted to see if I wanted to go riding, so aired up tires and shocks.

So was spit bath washing it, had ignition on for a few minutes (engine off) all of a sudden heard static of remote radio station.

Maybe it needed it's morning coffee first?

Now out riding to burger place.

Sent from mobile device prone to spelling errors

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Last edited by Fe Butte; 03-15-2017 at 10:15 PM.