Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Tins, Body Work, & Paint
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 10-08-2007, 05:54 PM
Give me my Lays Beaver!

Biker Bry has failed to amuse us
Headlights on my Ultra

I have a 2005 Ultra, and I have been getting people flashing their brights on me all the time. This is when my headlights are on low. They are aimed well, and They allow me to see good, but the flashing High beams are really irritating. I suppose my headlights are irritating to them too. Anyone else have this problem?

Old 10-08-2007, 06:03 PM
2005 HD FLHTi

Kfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Exclamation

I do get "Flashed" once in a while...
...I'm thinking (in my case) it's the Driving Lamps, not the Headlight. It doesn't happen often enough so I'm be glad they saw me...

~"IF YOU CAN'T IMPROVE ON SILENCE, KEEP QUIET" ...couch Lou~

"Getting There Beats Being There"
FLHTi
* 95" by Carl from Boise Cycle
CHECK OUT MY WEBSHOT ALBUMS...

Old 10-08-2007, 06:04 PM
8-Ball

I'll bet that you are either aimed high or that one of the passing lamps is aimed a little left...

I get the same thing and I just think... "Good, they see me."
Old 10-08-2007, 07:17 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Mine are aimed dead nuts on per the manual.
That makes the headlight too high. If I hit the high beams, none of the main beam is hitting the road. It goes back in my shop for the winter in a few weeks, and I'll lower it then, since I have the aiming chart in there anyway.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:20 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfengler View Post
I do get "Flashed" once in a while...
...I'm thinking (in my case) it's the Driving Lamps, not the Headlight. It doesn't happen often enough so I'm be glad they saw me...
It may be the passing lamps. My 01, with aftermarket bulbs jacked up++, gets flashed once in awhile, but I recently noticed my headlight is point down.

what happens is everytime I change the headlight, I loosen the wrong screw, then tighten up.

Noticed almost all my light is coming from passing lamps. Which actually does a good job.

I running 50w in passing and 100/110 in headlight.

As far as getting flashed, oh well.