Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Accessories
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Accessories Horns, Pegs, Guards, MP3, Sat. Radio, GPS, etc.

Old 01-06-2008, 03:26 PM
Hangaround

16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
E-Z Brake

E-Z Brake Installation, or How to Get Wasted in the Garage.

Armed with all the modern tools and the knowledge that an Interior Decorator with an Attitude was just a phone call away, I began my task of installing an E-Z Brake.

Pull off the official Bar and Shield Logo rubber pad off the old pedal.

Removing the rear right side floor board bolt was interesting in that you had to attack from the opposite side of the motorcycle and use one of the many karma sutra poses to get the wrench to fit into the bolt. That took a beer.

Find the cotter pin and remove it from the clevis pin. Hey, that is what the instructions called them, what do I know?

Save the washer and remove the clevis pin. Time for another beer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2268 w.JPG (146.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2269 w.JPG (155.5 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2274 w.JPG (109.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2275 w.JPG (190.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2280 w.JPG (183.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2281 w.JPG (162.2 KB, 21 views)
Old 01-06-2008, 03:28 PM
Hangaround

16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Remove the old pedal. Flush with success, finish your beer.

Goo up the new pedal and use the o-rings from the old pedal. Install the new pedal, remember a line from “Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid”…”Think you used enough dynamite there Butch?”…as the goo squirts out on everything.

Don’t get too excited, time for another beer.

Insert the clevis pin and put the washer back on, get the new cotter pin and install them.

Squirt more goo using some kind of goo gun so that you get even more stuff all over the place.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2282 w.JPG (163.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2283 w.JPG (172.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2284 w.JPG (120.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2285 w.JPG (147.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2286 w.JPG (143.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2287 w.JPG (165.6 KB, 12 views)
Old 01-06-2008, 03:29 PM
Hangaround

Amazed that you haven’t broken anything so far…get another beer.

Put blue lock stuff on the floor board bolts. And, install the floor board. This took a while as the concept of Righty Tighty, Lefty Loosey is hard to figure out when working in the opposite direction from where you are looking. Or, maybe it was the last beer?

Install the Official Bar and Shield Logo rubber brake pad, and voila! You are done.

I’d take the bike out for a test ride, but I don’t think I’d pass a field sobriety test.

If I don’t make it as a Doof, I might try and join the Booze whatever club…”A drinking club with a motorcycle problem.”

This post is in no way meant to disrespect anyone with mechanical ability.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2288 w.JPG (115.1 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2289 w.JPG (143.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2290 w.JPG (172.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2291 w.JPG (162.2 KB, 21 views)
Old 01-06-2008, 04:44 PM
8-Ball

Nice job Russ.... I coulda helped you scratch somethin'....

I don't think you are supposed to use the BBQ starter to loosen the bolts...

Old 01-06-2008, 04:47 PM
GrayRider

Good job, Russ..hope you didn't get any grease on that pretty pink shirt. They stain easy.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:48 PM
GrayRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16X9 Shooter View Post
... I might try and join the Booze whatever club…”A drinking club with a motorcycle problem.”..

Old 01-06-2008, 06:25 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
I can't believe you got that pad off without cutting it.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:40 PM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
post #2...pic 4...

where's yer crocs...?

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 01-06-2008, 06:42 PM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
Ya know...I haven't seen any pics of Gorditos ez-brake...if they ever got it on...

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 01-06-2008, 07:20 PM
Hangaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGlide View Post
I can't believe you got that pad off without cutting it.
Was feeling rather macho..."sans" PINK SHIRT.

Actually struggled with it, cursed, etc. shot some WD40 in there...no problem.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Hangaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xkvator View Post
post #2...pic 4...

where's yer crocs...?
Hey, not all of Southern California types wear crocs. But, I did have a pedicure the other day...notice you didn't comment on that.

My stylist will be sooooo disappointed.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:24 PM
Hangaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xkvator View Post
Ya know...I haven't seen any pics of Gorditos ez-brake...if they ever got it on...
Might be a sore subject with the "Decorator" types. Best not bring it up again.

Chrome scratching and all.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Just noticed, my 01 has a grease fitting but 07 doesn't have grease fitting. PO put the extended brake pedal on. I don't know why it took HD so long to do this.

I probably should grease it.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Did the older HDs have a grease fitting on the brake?
Old 01-06-2008, 09:03 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Nice job Russ...............and you didn't even need to call in "The Decorator"

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me