Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Specialty
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Specialty Choppers, Customs, Rats, etc.

Old 10-04-2008, 11:33 PM
Asst public Doofender

Yosamite Sam has failed to amuse us
My new bobber

Alright, I made the plunge yesterday and ordered the hardtail kit for sportsters and springer front end in black. I am lining up a frame welder also. I need a source for a wrap around oil tank that is reasonably priced. Any ideas?

I can't wait to come back from biketoberfest and start on the project. I will look down in Florida for some sources while I am there.

Price range from $80-150 if possible. Chopper guys is expensive

lookin for a 43 DD
Member of Retreads
Retired MSG USAR
NRA Life Member
Gruntled Postal Worker
Old 10-06-2008, 01:22 PM
Asst public Doofender

I am going to Florida this week and will try and find a horseshoe/wraparound style oil tank. If anyone finds one after Wednesday tell Highmiles and he will relay it to me since I may not have access to a working computer for awhile.
Thanks

lookin for a 43 DD
Member of Retreads
Retired MSG USAR
NRA Life Member
Gruntled Postal Worker
Old 10-06-2008, 02:15 PM
snow pirate

Last Cigar Smoked: No thanks.
stoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I have an original panhead horseshoe oil tank, if that'll help ya. You can have it for the cost of shipping. If not, try USA Twins. I've had good luck with their stuff, and the prices are good.

ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST.

GFFG
Old 10-07-2008, 12:25 AM
Asst public Doofender

Stoney61, that would be real nice of you. Does it take a battery inside the tank? Also, how much do I need to send for shipment? Please send a PM. I am going out of town on Wednesday morning. thanks much

lookin for a 43 DD
Member of Retreads
Retired MSG USAR
NRA Life Member
Gruntled Postal Worker
Old 10-07-2008, 04:05 AM
snow pirate

Last Cigar Smoked: No thanks.
stoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
PM sent.

ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST.

GFFG
Old 10-19-2008, 07:10 PM
Asst public Doofender

I take my sportster in on Tuesday to the shop. My hardtail section and springer front end is at the shop waiting, and I ordered a fat bob tank with old school console on Saturday. I have to sell the tins as a set. Black 100th anniversary with white detailing from Harley on the rear fender and tank.

lookin for a 43 DD
Member of Retreads
Retired MSG USAR
NRA Life Member
Gruntled Postal Worker
Old 10-20-2008, 01:53 AM
8-Ball

are you ever gonna post a pic of this thing...?
Old 10-20-2008, 07:00 AM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Is this what brought Gazoo back?
Old 10-25-2008, 09:18 PM
Asst public Doofender

Alrighty, I got the Fat Bob tank back from the radiator shop. I start sanding it tomorrow. I got the Full Throttle magazine guy interested in it today at Easy Eddie's motorcycle and restaurant shop grand opening. I will also call American Iron on Monday to see if they want to feature the Sportster to Bobber in one of their upcoming articles. No there is no picture other than the Sportster looks like an 03' with 100th Anniversary tins which I need to sell.

lookin for a 43 DD
Member of Retreads
Retired MSG USAR
NRA Life Member
Gruntled Postal Worker
Old 10-26-2008, 10:41 AM
Asst public Doofender

Bobber project

I contacted American Iron Magazine to see if they are interested in featuring my bobber project in one of their issues. This week they are supposed to take all the stuff off the frame and get the welder involved. I started sanding the Fat Bob tank but have found some imperfections, welding issues, and filing lines. I guess I will have to bondo the surface

lookin for a 43 DD
Member of Retreads
Retired MSG USAR
NRA Life Member
Gruntled Postal Worker
Old 11-02-2008, 12:34 AM
Asst public Doofender

new bobber continued

Well, Highmiles and me went over to Easy Eddies to look at my sportster engine laying on the floor next to my gas tank. Next week they will be taken to the welder's shop to fit with the frame to make sure they will bolt on correctly. I have an oil tank on order from the company that made the rear frame. I got the rear fender tail light today.

No pictures since the bike frame is not back yet. The frame will then go to the painter that paints Nascar frames in Mooresville, NC. The frame will be powder coated in orange (exact orange shade unkown at this time). I will then take pictures.

lookin for a 43 DD
Member of Retreads
Retired MSG USAR
NRA Life Member
Gruntled Postal Worker
Old 11-02-2008, 05:54 AM
ocifer slacky pants
Double-D

Location: Half way down the trail to hell, in a shady meadow of green
Last Cigar Smoked: Nub Dub
squish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know

CAUTION! You have entered a Harley based forum. Apply a liberal amount of BS repellent to skin before reading anything by anybody.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:15 AM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
Is it back yet...?

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 11-02-2008, 09:02 AM
Public Doofender

Highmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milk
Just a few notes here.

Marc has obviously never seen aftermarket parts before. He complained about how rough a tank was when it arrived. It actually looked great, compared to how they used to come.

Nothing to see at the shop, except for the springer front end. It however, was great, and may be one of the best bargains he has scored.

The hardtail kit is not like the old ones. In order have truly clean lines, the upper tube is completely removed and is replaced. basically, all you are preserving is the neck (to retain serial number) and part of the downtubes. Much better and nicer than the old weld/bolt on hardtail kits.

He is gathering what appears to be, all the right parts, to really get an old school bobber. As someone mentioned on a previous post, it should have a kicker. One is available. It is fake. Forget having a FAKE kicker.

I will be practicing my pinstriping skills. I have gotten old and shaky. He may have some very weird designs. I hope he likes wavy lines.

Did you know I liked Bobbers?

Old 11-02-2008, 09:04 AM
GazintA

TerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmiles View Post
I hope he likes wavy lines.

Pschedelic man, groovy.

Engine by Otto.