Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Accessories
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Accessories Horns, Pegs, Guards, MP3, Sat. Radio, GPS, etc.

Old 12-25-2014, 01:11 AM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Friends?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 12-25-2014, 10:14 AM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
You are all my friends. Whether you want to be or not. Just accept it.

Yes discount. Better than black Friday

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[
Old 12-25-2014, 10:46 AM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSurly View Post
Friends?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel! View Post
You are all my friends. Whether you want to be or not. Just accept it.

Yes discount. Better than black Friday
I prefer to think of us all as one big extended family (with or without a discount).

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 12-25-2014, 07:48 PM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Ricky,

One thing you'll find when you shoot video with the camera mounted on your helmet is how much you move your head while riding. While interesting, too much camera movement makes for less-than-desirable video.......

I've found that I get better video if I mount the camera to either the handlebars or the crash bars.

GPS City sells RAM-mount stuff which will allow you to custom build a mount that'll suit your needs.

My old Hero HD has an LCD back pac, which allows me to set the shot and review video and pics that I've taken. I can scroll through the camera's menu and set camera functions through the back pac as well.
Old 12-25-2014, 08:54 PM
The other white meat

Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
We cone riders noticed that too. You look where you want to go, which doesn't give the best perspective of the ride.

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[
Old 12-26-2014, 12:02 PM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
we like discount

States I've ridden my scoots in:

Old 12-26-2014, 02:03 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Last Cigar Smoked: Man O' War Ruination
SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel! View Post
....can still get them for my friends here at deeply discounted prices.
Where were you a week ago?

And as far as looks... there's no accounting for taste. The GoPro looks like a camera.

The WiFi allows me to control every function of the camera from either the supplied remote, or my smartphone. When using my smartphone I can watch what is being recorded, watch any files that are currently on the camera, delete files easily. The remote displays the same exact screen the camera itself does, and thus, has identical control to the camera unit.

I looked hard at the Sony AS100 because of the end-mounted lens. But for me, it wasn't that big of a deal... the big deal was true versatility.

The lens being on the flat side allows more versatile mounting positions. It is very capable of tilting fore and aft quite a ways, which allowed me to mount it to the saddlebag guard and tilt up without taking a video of only pavement.

Personally, I can't stand helmet-videos. The make me sea sick. I have a mount affixed to an old helmet, but I have a project in mind that will encompass a number of viewing angles, so it will not be the whole clip from a bobble head.

What are the overall dimensions of the Sena unit?

GoPro is:

2.33" wide
1.61" tall
0.84" thick, body only
And the lens sticks out 0.33"

And with it's popularity, there are hundreds of accessories out there...
RAM makes a specific mount for it.

Amazon has a wide variety of RAM and others... and they are less expensive than GPScity

To each their own, and I'm not trying to argue with you, Ricky, but merely adding another point of view.
From my Brother Don... I love his insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Postwhores are a dime a dozen.
What's impressive about you is that you are your own pimp.
Kudos!

Old 12-26-2014, 02:21 PM
The other white meat

I was here

http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/sho....php?p=1392409

[
Old 12-26-2014, 06:25 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
You expect me to remember shit from 10 months ago?

You're a funny man!
Quote:
Kudos!

Old 12-26-2014, 09:28 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Anybody remember what I had for breakfast today? I don't.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 12-26-2014, 09:32 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
2.48 x 1.73 x 0.93
The lens is .3 on the long side so 2.78.

It looks like it's fatter on every side than the GoPro.
Curiosity: is the GoPro "waterproof" when not in its marine housing? Sena claims this thing is waterproof but they also include the marine housing. With the housing, rated down to 40m but they don't actually define waterproof for the cam itself.
I'll probably end up with both this and a GoPro at some point. This one's allure is its BlueTooth interface. Whether that proves out to be a truly useful camera control system is up in the air. A real-time video viewing method is a MUST for editing and framing. This feature's support and implementation will likely determine whether this cam has a real future.
An early adopter to my detriment, I will slog through this and report my findings.

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 12-26-2014, 10:25 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

The GoPro is not waterproof sans case.

Nor is there a way to mount it.

They do sell a case... called the "Frame" maybe that just cinches around the body, but I like the idea of the full case.

Think, lens scratches and damage. If the case gets damaged, a whole replacement is $40, and I can get a lens replacement kit for like $12... and IIRC, that is 2 lenses.

I'll get some pics up of how mine mounts on the front. I've also rigged a mount under the tourpak
Quote:
Kudos!

Old 12-27-2014, 08:56 PM
The other white meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyMan View Post
You expect me to remember shit from 10 months ago?

You're a funny man!
You can always take it back!

I can only get the silver versions of the 3 and 4

[
Old 02-02-2015, 03:09 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

I posted my initial review of the Prism where I bought it at RevZilla.
Some here may find my take somewhat unexpected.

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 02-03-2015, 08:14 AM
The other white meat

That BMW guy isn't happy with you.

If you want a GoPro let me know

[