Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > High Performance
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 12-18-2007, 12:14 PM
Doofhead

Totenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmiles View Post
That is truly amazing. I never considered that you could get that much management in such a small package. What percentage of your power do you expect to utilize in a quarter mile?
I don't remember if this one was setup as high gear only or a 2 speed or ?3spd? or ??? at this power level, tranny's don't last long so a lot of them are 1 spd or 2 spd's.... but typically with this power to weight ratio, you would not lock up the clutch until 800' or so when the wheel speed gets high enough to not break traction down track. So, off the line you are walking the fine line of traction or spinning the slick and expending most of the power in the clutch and then progressively clamp down on it as vehicle speed increases. Percentage wise, it would be a incrementally changing percentage from start line to finish line.

Old 12-18-2007, 01:11 PM
Public Doofender

Highmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totenkopf View Post
I don't remember if this one was setup as high gear only or a 2 speed or ?3spd? or ??? at this power level, tranny's don't last long so a lot of them are 1 spd or 2 spd's.... but typically with this power to weight ratio, you would not lock up the clutch until 800' or so when the wheel speed gets high enough to not break traction down track. So, off the line you are walking the fine line of traction or spinning the slick and expending most of the power in the clutch and then progressively clamp down on it as vehicle speed increases. Percentage wise, it would be a incrementally changing percentage from start line to finish line.
Thank you for the education. I am truly impressed. I figured with such a small contact patch, it would be really difficult to ever transfer 800 HP without going up in smoke. Drag racing requires a masters degree level of physics, and technology these days.

In the mid 60's I used to take my '64 Chevy out to US 30 Drag Strip. They had great ads on the radio. "SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY, BEAUTIFUL US 30 DRAGSTRIP. BE THERE OR BE SQUARE."

Did you know I liked Bobbers?

Old 12-18-2007, 02:34 PM
Doofhead

Totenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmiles View Post
Thank you for the education. I am truly impressed. I figured with such a small contact patch, it would be really difficult to ever transfer 800 HP without going up in smoke. Drag racing requires a masters degree level of physics, and technology these days.

In the mid 60's I used to take my '64 Chevy out to US 30 Drag Strip. They had great ads on the radio. "SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY, BEAUTIFUL US 30 DRAGSTRIP. BE THERE OR BE SQUARE."
I remember the ads and also went to US30 from about '65 to '70. and so did Otto but I think a little later, like in the late '70's. Some of the cars I remember were: Lil' Screamer, Shake, Rattle & Run, Rawhide, Van Senus - We Haul Camaro and prolly some more if I thought about it long enough. I raced my '64 Vette and my best friend raced his strip only '66 Chevelle called 96 Proof. I had other friends racing their '70 SS Chevell LS6 and the other one was a '70 Olds 442 W30. and my big brother raced his strip only '56 Vette named Ugly. I lived in Valpo at the time.

Maybe we crossed paths out there? Where were you living at the time?

Old 12-18-2007, 02:38 PM
Just plain Doof

rk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
I remember the ads and also went to US30 from about '65 to '70. and so did Otto but I think a little later, like in the late '70's. Some of the cars I remember were: Lil' Screamer, Shake, Rattle & Run, Rawhide, Van Senus - We Haul Camaro and prolly some more if I thought about it long enough. I raced my '64 Vette and my best friend raced his strip only '66 Chevelle called 96 Proof. I had other friends racing their '70 SS Chevell LS6 and the other one was a '70 Olds 442 W30. and my big brother raced his strip only '56 Vette named Ugly. I lived in Valpo at the time.

I was there in the 70's also
were the big ones roll

Psalm 23:4 and the Second Amendment are enough for me.

If you have issue with anything in this post. You can address this by opening a dos prompt and typing
cd C:/
and then type
format C:

What you looking for?
Old 12-18-2007, 03:42 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

hornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Another awesome machine... you guys are wild man!

Old 12-18-2007, 03:58 PM
Public Doofender

Highmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:

I was living in Glen Ellyn and ran a blue '64 Impala in E/S. I stunk as a drag racer. LOL

Did you know I liked Bobbers?

Old 12-18-2007, 04:10 PM
What you lookin' at!?!?!?

Jeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Looks cool, now, if we could just stick that into a Bagger.......

Offically Old enough to ride a Geezer-Glide.
(Geezer-glide is a registered trademark of Harley Davidson Tour bikes, Any reference to a member of the DooF Clena of other forum screen name is strictly accidental. The reference is that I ride a Harley Davdison Tour bike, not some old dude that there is not enough alcohol in the world to get me to ride.)

Doctor JT 43

Eastern side
Profesional Rockat Surgen