Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > FXR Discussion
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

FXR Discussion Like anybody cares

Old 07-20-2010, 07:03 AM
Outlaw

Last Cigar Smoked: Camel WIDES
Sidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
All schweeeet bikes guys.

"It's not the dog in the fight, but the fight in the dog." - Michael Vick.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:07 AM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
Here's my FXR4 and a friend from FL (another Mike ) and his FXR2 in Aressting Red

States I've ridden my scoots in:

Old 07-20-2010, 07:11 AM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
Couple of shots of an FXR2, FXR3 and FXR4 together .....

the FXR 2&3 were made in 1999 and the FXR4 in 2000.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:31 AM
Confirmed Luddite

Last Cigar Smoked: Snack Pack Tapioca
Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxr4mikey View Post
Couple of shots of an FXR2, FXR3 and FXR4 together .....

the FXR 2&3 were made in 1999 and the FXR4 in 2000.

Hey, what's with all these FXR come latelys.

The FXR2 and FXR3's were OK, but HD never did get that the FXR was more about performance than looks. The FXR4 finally caught on with the dual disks, bigger tires, etc.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:34 AM
Buffalo Hump

I'm HAPPY to see all the FXR's !!!!!

Yeah, I have to agree about the FXR4, eggzlent braking system on the bike, smaller (19") front wheel instead of that 21 on the FXR2. Better handling ..... I would like more ground clearance

Old 07-20-2010, 08:36 AM
Confirmed Luddite

Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Here's an attempt at a more artsy shot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5879s.JPG (215.8 KB, 85 views)

Old 07-20-2010, 08:40 AM
Confirmed Luddite

Quote:
I'm HAPPY to see all the FXR's !!!!!

Yeah, I have to agree about the FXR4, eggzlent braking system on the bike, smaller (19") front wheel instead of that 21 on the FXR2. Better handling ..... I would like more ground clearance
I've never scraped a peg, half because of a lack of talent as a rider, and half because the Sport has an extra inch of clearance over a standard FXR, and probably two over the lower models. You can actually see daylight between the top of the rear tire and the fender on mine, a mortal sin according to Willie G.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:45 AM
Buffalo Hump

nice 'artsy' shot !!!

Old 07-20-2010, 08:49 AM
Buffalo Hump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uesque View Post
I've never scraped a peg, half because of a lack of talent as a rider, and half because the Sport has an extra inch of clearance over a standard FXR, and probably two over the lower models. You can actually see daylight between the top of the rear tire and the fender on mine, a mortal sin according to Willie G.

well I've scrapped pegs on both sides, have scrapped the muffler from the front cylinder, have dragged the mounting bracket for the exhaust ..... none of them were ever because I was trying to..... and I NEVER, EVER want to drag the exhaust bracket again EVER, that was SCARY !!! and at the very limits of my ability to stay up ..... I had to stand the bike up in the curve, crossed the line, then pulled it back down to finish out the curve ..... then I had to pull an 8ball and throw my undershorts away

I'd like to have another inch of clearance, that'd go a long way with me. I've considered putting longer shocks on it to raise it up a bit ...... time will tell, no plans at this time......

Old 07-20-2010, 11:47 AM
Confirmed Luddite

Quote:
well I've scrapped pegs on both sides, have scrapped the muffler from the front cylinder, have dragged the mounting bracket for the exhaust ..... none of them were ever because I was trying to..... and I NEVER, EVER want to drag the exhaust bracket again EVER, that was SCARY !!! and at the very limits of my ability to stay up ..... I had to stand the bike up in the curve, crossed the line, then pulled it back down to finish out the curve ..... then I had to pull an 8ball and throw my undershorts away

I'd like to have another inch of clearance, that'd go a long way with me. I've considered putting longer shocks on it to raise it up a bit ...... time will tell, no plans at this time......
My rear shocks are roughly 14" unloaded, but you have to be careful. The sport model with the longer shocks and forks also has an extra degree of rake for stability and a longer jiffy stand for parking.

The extra degree of rake is counter-intuitive for handling, but it works really well in long sweeping turns which is where the bike is best.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:52 PM
Securitas Emeritus

Homesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
OH MAN !!!! I want one of those !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let me add that the 'Live to Pose' derby cover came on the bike and is now history. . .

I have some pride.

Also, I love all these bikes; cop, hotrod, bagger, and cruiser. I've drooled over Mikey's FXR4 more than once. The purposeful purity of cwilk's 'RT is right up my alley.

If anyone ever has a set of those FXR4 triangular frame covers for sale, please let me know.

joe

FXRT- Hubba Hubba

Last edited by Homesick; 08-23-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:26 PM
Confirmed Luddite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
Let me add that the 'Live to Pose' derby cover came on the bike and is now history. . .

I have some pride.

When I bought mine I had to replace the air cleaner cover, derby cover and both mirrors for that exact same reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
Also, I love all these bikes; cop, hotrod, bagger, and cruiser. I've drooled over Mikey's FXR4 more than once. The purposeful purity of cwilk's 'RT is right up my alley.

If anyone ever has a set of those FXR4 triangular frame covers for sale, please let me know.

joe

I've never liked the triangular covers, I've always preferred the inside the frame covers instead. I hear the triangular ones are hard to come by.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:32 AM
Securitas Emeritus

Homesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suck
They're rare enough that Rick (I think), on 'Pawn Stars', would want three guest experts to check a pair before he bought them. ''You know, I've heard of these, but never actually seen a pair. The Old Man thinks I'm crazy, but. . . if they're real, I'm going for it. I just have to make sure I can make my million on them''.

joe

FXRT- Hubba Hubba
Old 07-23-2010, 06:39 AM
Buffalo Hump

Old 07-23-2010, 08:27 PM
D.F.F.D.

Last Cigar Smoked: Do not smoke
Nub is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNub is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNub is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNub is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNub is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNub is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNub is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNub is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNub is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNub is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNub is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
My 92 FXLR. Sporting a fresh S&S107 motor.

My brother Billy's 94 FXRS