Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Accessories
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Accessories Horns, Pegs, Guards, MP3, Sat. Radio, GPS, etc.

Old 02-10-2007, 01:15 PM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
stebel compact nautilus

ordered yesterday from ''Adventurers Workshop'' in Joisey...

same as the HD air horn...but 1/3 the price
Old 02-12-2007, 02:35 PM
8-Ball

Here is what I did with my Stebel Horn...

Old 02-12-2007, 03:06 PM
Road Glider

Great little horn. I followed 8-balls instructions on this one and it worked out great. Plus I got room now for a little "bling" on my bike instead of the cowbell.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:08 PM
Are these on right?

Lady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suck
I may have to give up on my Howard's Horn that hasn't worked since I paid $130 or so for it over a year ago and try one of those. I replaced my Howard's horn with one just like it, but the f*ckin' thing won't work right. We put in the heavy duty ground wire like you're supposed to and messed around with it and kinda got it working, but half the time it just blows air and sounds like - well, use your imagination.

Suffice to say that no one in a car's gonna hear it and if they did it certainly wouldn't get them to move out of the way. They'd probably be laughing too hard... I just end up yelling "HEY @SSHOLE!!!" as loud as I can and flipping the bird, which really doesn't work so well...

I supposed I could give Howard's Horn's a call and see if they have any recommendations before I throw away a brand new horn...

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with someone who's unarmed..."

GBNF FIRE46, RED RIDER, MONGOOSE

Old 02-12-2007, 04:56 PM
8-Ball

Nice RG!!!

Hey Laurie... Tom runs (in a manner of speaking) the service at Howards Horns... what a joke. I finally disputed my credit card after they gave me the run around. My set shattered at the diaphragm while rolling down the highway and left a small ding in my primary cover... talk about pissed.

Do it my way and you can probably figure out how to place a small holster for your snub nose on the old cowbell mount.

Just a thought...
Old 02-14-2007, 01:37 AM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkvator View Post
ordered yesterday from ''Adventurers Workshop'' in Joisey...

same as the HD air horn...but 1/3 the price
arrived yesterday...

i got the chrome one ...$4.00 more

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 04-14-2007, 08:32 PM
Hates D, 4 and Green

tibs has failed to amuse us
I just put them on both of our bikes, much much better.

I was seriosly considering the 3 gallon tank, air compresser and 4 train trumpets - this will do.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:55 PM
Under Construction

Last Cigar Smoked: Robert Burns Blackwatch, in the '70s
TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Godiva View Post
I just end up yelling "HEY @SSHOLE!!!" as loud as I can and flipping the bird, which really doesn't work so well...
I was goin' in the back gate yesterday morning when a guy in the other lane decided my lane was going faster. He moseyed out in front of me as I was downshifting and passing his rear bumper. I had a hold of the clutch, so the horn wasn't happenin'. I used your tactic out of reflex. He was a colonel. Thankfully, I only called him a genius--that's my story anyways....
Somewhat dilapidated, yet functional, Kubota L2500
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
'02 Wrangler X, 4" lift on 33 x 12.50s
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140
Felt Nine 50
Killin' more bees than Monsanto
Old 04-14-2007, 08:58 PM
Under Construction

TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I kinda' dig the cowbell. Will this horn fit under it?
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
Felt Nine 50
Old 04-14-2007, 09:39 PM
Hates D, 4 and Green

No. This thing will not fit under the bell, I hate the bell, and I hate the HD Horn (Which I ended up getting simply because I do not have anywhere else to put one of the others).

I'm thinking about making a poor mans shopping list for the Stebel Compact truck horn installtion on the cowbell mounting point for Harleys post.

The harley horn looks ten times uglier in the catalog and online then it does in person, I wasnt going to get one for my bike (which isnt supported - 100% BS you can install on a 85 Softail if you want, just get the Softail harness). I dont care much for the look, I dont hate it - But it is far worth it to me as I hate the trumpets, wanted a loud ass horn, done like the square horn at all, and it looked like it was an ok setup

I'll post a few pictures of the Harley kit installed on two Fatboys - took 2 hours to do both.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:53 PM
Hates D, 4 and Green

If you want an air horn mounted on the cow bell, but dont want to pay the Harley price.

Get the Harley install kit for your bike (Still not the cheapest thing in the world, but it has everything you need - new isolator and instructions).

Get the Stebel "Compact Truck Horn" in chrome. None of the others fit with this.

Total cost should be under $90.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:05 PM
Under Construction

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibs View Post
If you want an air horn mounted on the cow bell, but dont want to pay the Harley price.

Get the Harley install kit for your bike (Still not the cheapest thing in the world, but it has everything you need - new isolator and instructions).

Get the Stebel "Compact Truck Horn" in chrome. None of the others fit with this.

Total cost should be under $90.
Are you sayin' this horn will fit under the cowbell, or it will fit in the same place as it?
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
Felt Nine 50
Old 04-14-2007, 10:07 PM
Hates D, 4 and Green

Same place as it - not under it.

Someone, I think over at VTF, modified a cow bell to hide MOST of the horn.

Nothing I have seen will fit under the cow bell.