Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Clean & Sober
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 09-23-2007, 01:30 PM
Yes, they are Real.......

harleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sock
We will be praying for ya'....jeff..........

Keeper Of The Toast
2006 Post Whore Of The Year

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS........
Old 09-23-2007, 06:14 PM
GazintA

TerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milk
Good for you Jeff. It sure seems like an appropriate time with the health issues.

Please let me know if I can be of help.

Terry

Engine by Otto.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:48 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Dirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe-man! View Post
Thanks guys, my biggest "problem" so far has been that quite honestly, I'm not around people who are trying to give any sort of addiction up. I don't want to "alienate" my friends, but at the same time I have made it perfectly clear I don't expect them to understand. I WILL take myself out of circulation for as long as it takes, to get this under control.

Jeff
I quit drinking probably 9 ot 10 years ago. Not because it was a problem but because I went on a diet and there's lots of calories in beer. I discovered I could have as much fun sober as I did when drinking and I just never started again.

Most of my friends drink. I shoot tavern pool league 2 nights a week during winter months and once a week summers. My friends have no problem with it at all. Actually they like it because when we play away games I drive and they drink. They sincerely appreciate that.

My point to you is this. I can't relate to getting a monkey off my back. But I can tell you if they really are friends, it won't matter one bit to them if you drink or not.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 09-23-2007, 07:57 PM
Ms.B's cabana boy

Axe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Thank you, my friends for the kind words and encouragement....

So far, so good..... but honestly, I thought it was just a "simple" problem... I had no clue how much this affected my entire life...

Jeff

...swords and tequila carry me through the fight!

"Patriot Guard Rider" and damn proud to Honor those who are serving, or have served the greatest country in the world!!...
Old 09-23-2007, 08:05 PM
captainlee

actually Jeff since last Sunday night , I havent drank but may 4 glasses of wine this whole week , including this weekend. Kinda taken a break as it were. was nice waking up this weekend with no hangover and I got a lot done around the house.

best of luck to you !!!!!
Old 09-23-2007, 09:11 PM
Yes, they are Real.......

harleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sock
AXE, It's Celm posting as I read this my heart goes out to you with alot of prayers. If you every need someone call Joey and I. If you don't have cell # PM us. This is a time where you put it in God's hand and don't try to help him with it he ( that's what as humans want to do) he can handle it.....Let GO and Let GOD...Love Ya Man

Keeper Of The Toast
2006 Post Whore Of The Year

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS........
Old 09-23-2007, 09:41 PM
R.I.P.
<--- Captain Itch!

Red Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baalz View Post
Sometimes you have to give up your "friends".. its just the way it is.
Axe, you don't have to give up these friends, or worry about them giving you up man. We're here for you, in prayer & whatever else you need.

'Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.' - William Penn

I want to live and ride free, unencumbered by all but God's love.
'06' FLSTNI, $43 per gallon!

Old 09-24-2007, 08:35 PM
43rd Prophet

swmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindex1963 View Post
You won't have to alienate your friends they will alienate you. Part of getting sober is doing a complete 180 degree turn around in your life. Your friends will see you as a person showing them that they have a problem...people don't like that and it's through no fault of your own....it's just the way it is.

Go to AA. Very few can do it by themselves. We all need help. You have made a huge step in the right direction...follow it up.

If you need someone to talk to P.M. me and I'll send you my cell number.
What he said!!!

Feel free to PM me as well Jeff...we are all in this together and one of the first things you'll want/need to do is set up a network of friends, family and fellow alcoholics in recovery for support...

We are here for ya bro!

John

I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.
~James Madison, speech, Virginia Convention, 1788

Old 09-24-2007, 10:09 PM
Old married man

vindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographic
Quote:
Originally Posted by swmnkdinthervr View Post
What he said!!!

we are all in this together and one of the first things you'll want/need to do is set up a network of friends, family and fellow alcoholics in recovery for support...
We are here for ya bro!
John
VERY important thing to do.

Always remember it took you a long time to get where you are it's going to take a long time to get back. You will do it.

2004 Victory Vegas
2009 FLHTCU
Old 09-26-2007, 02:09 PM
Old married man

vindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographic
Axe-Man...how's it going?

2004 Victory Vegas
2009 FLHTCU
Old 09-26-2007, 10:59 PM
Cowboy From Hell

Stu Gotz is not in AOL's target demographicStu Gotz is not in AOL's target demographicStu Gotz is not in AOL's target demographicStu Gotz is not in AOL's target demographicStu Gotz is not in AOL's target demographicStu Gotz is not in AOL's target demographicStu Gotz is not in AOL's target demographicStu Gotz is not in AOL's target demographicStu Gotz is not in AOL's target demographicStu Gotz is not in AOL's target demographicStu Gotz is not in AOL's target demographic
Yeah Bro, everything good? We are all here for ya.

No Life Like Lo Life
Old 09-29-2007, 03:09 PM
Ms.B's cabana boy

Axe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Allright, I'm doing pretty good, but still not 100%. I've decided to give myself two days out of the week for "debauchery". I realize this is not the best game plan, but it's actually working and I have skipped over one day so far. (so for all intensive purposes, I'm really only down to one day... somehow this makes sense to me) I'm slowly starting to realize it's not the alcohol I'm craving, but more the "serenity" I associate with it. My friends/bandmates have been even more supportive than I originally thought, we have now agreed to have "band practice" 100% sober, mostly because we did so good last weekend before anybody got the chance to even start drinking... (or maybe it was just me and I actually noticed!)

I'm taking Ms. Yvonne out riding tomorrow, so I gotta be good, which is pretty easy when I have warm arms hugging me.....

As a side note, why does it always happen as soon as I get a girlfriend, every girl I've had my eye on all of the sudden starts coming out of the woodwork?? I'm meeting yet another girl Mon. night and the cute little girl across the way now has my phone number....I ain't complaining, just curious as to why this happens?

Anyway, I'm trying, but I'm not "out of the woods" yet.... but it is getting easier (to a certain extent, I aint gonna lie!)

I appreciate ya'll more than you will ever know, even if it's just typing out words on a screen.... Do enjoy the great day God has created for us, even though it is raining here...

Jeff Seal

...swords and tequila carry me through the fight!

"Patriot Guard Rider" and damn proud to Honor those who are serving, or have served the greatest country in the world!!...
Old 09-29-2007, 03:20 PM
captainlee

just stay strong Jeff !!!

as for the gals, yep I notice it too!
Old 09-29-2007, 03:43 PM
2005 HD FLHTi

Kfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Thumbs up

Hang in there Jeff. ...and yes do stay strong, things will work out for you!

I'm married so I don't notice any other women...
...but if I recall my single years, that does seem to happen!!!

~"IF YOU CAN'T IMPROVE ON SILENCE, KEEP QUIET" ...couch Lou~

"Getting There Beats Being There"
FLHTi
* 95" by Carl from Boise Cycle
CHECK OUT MY WEBSHOT ALBUMS...

Old 09-29-2007, 11:48 PM
chickenman

You go Jeff..........run with the ball. We are cheering for you!!