Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Accessories
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Accessories Horns, Pegs, Guards, MP3, Sat. Radio, GPS, etc.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:34 AM
Baalz

Has anyone installed the flush gas cap

Yeah like any rub I accessorize.
Looking for tips on installing an H-D flush mount gas cap/gauge in an EFI softail.

The chrome ring has two sided tape on the filler side. Was thinking it may be better if I removed the tape and siliconed it in place instead.

Any pointers on the gauge side?
Old 03-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Fireberry

I had them on my FLSTFI. I think they are really good looking. On the gauge side never a problem. On the filler side I lost two of them. The guys in the shop used silicon to finally get it to stay in place.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:58 PM
Known Associate

TXCHOP has failed to amuse us
Silicone may not be a bad idea, but be carefull of the ooze....yup ooooze..Dont use to much or it may be hard to clean off good. The nice part of the kit is that H-d sells the rings separately.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:59 PM
Chuck K.

I have the kukyan (S/P?) LED fuel gauge and flush mount gas cap.. Like it so far was really easy to install.. I would not use silicone rubber unless it is the special type compatible with gasolene.. Your normal RTV silicone will swell to 2 or 3 times its original size once it comes in contact with gasoline.. Then it does a real nice job of plugging up your fuel lines, dont ask me how I know, just sayin....

Last edited by Chuck K.; 05-26-2007 at 11:31 PM.