Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Ask The Techs...
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Ask The Techs... This is the way it works. Post up your question in the appropriate Forum, then put a link to it here. We'll ask some very savvy folks to monitor the posts here and answer your question. If you are a Tech answering a question, please do it in the linked thread rather than here. In this way, we can build info in the appropriate Forum. Thanks.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:49 PM
BigAlsRK

Cigarette Lighter

Anybody know where to get and the best place to mount oa lighter on a...RK?
Old 11-27-2007, 01:54 PM
Known Associate

TXCHOP has failed to amuse us
Drill in left side cover..........I am not responsible for scratched paint though...lol
Old 11-27-2007, 02:00 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
HD auxillary power socket drilled into side cover would be the easiest to mount.

If you have a Battery Tender on the bike, I have a site (supplied by Little Bear) that has all kinds of accessories including a lighter that plugs right in.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 11-27-2007, 02:48 PM
Clubhouse Electrician

Q-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Back in the falsie.....
Old 11-27-2007, 02:56 PM
What you lookin' at!?!?!?

Jeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Yes, buy an Electra Glide, it's in the fairing!

Offically Old enough to ride a Geezer-Glide.
(Geezer-glide is a registered trademark of Harley Davidson Tour bikes, Any reference to a member of the DooF Clena of other forum screen name is strictly accidental. The reference is that I ride a Harley Davdison Tour bike, not some old dude that there is not enough alcohol in the world to get me to ride.)

Doctor JT 43

Eastern side
Profesional Rockat Surgen

Old 11-27-2007, 03:09 PM
8-Ball

make damn sure you have room for the lighter socket behind the cover before you drill...

a couple of sources I found:

Philmore # TC610 Same as Calrad 90-600.

Last edited by 8-Ball; 11-27-2007 at 03:33 PM.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:37 PM
Excommunicated

Bofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know

skulls and flamage...
Old 11-27-2007, 04:02 PM
BigAlsRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
make damn sure you have room for the lighter socket behind the cover before you drill...

a couple of sources I found:

Philmore # TC610 Same as Calrad 90-600.
Thanks....any idea on the wiring?
Old 11-27-2007, 04:30 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

hornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Why wouldn't ya just put it on the trailer where ya can use it?

Old 11-27-2007, 04:36 PM
BigAlsRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornrocker View Post
Why wouldn't ya just put it on the trailer where ya can use it?

Sigh.........................how original...another trailer reference.....
Old 11-27-2007, 04:43 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

hornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAlsRK View Post
Sigh.........................how original...another trailer reference.....

Hey, it's the first one in THIS thread!

Old 11-27-2007, 07:35 PM
Woody218

Quote:
Hot wire to +12v ACC on the fuse block, ground wire to frame.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:45 PM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: New World by AJ Fernandez
Rock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygiene
You're almost there BigAl. You got the falsie. Get the fairing. Lighter included

Old 11-27-2007, 08:24 PM
8-Ball

Quote:
I'm not sure those are certified for an actual cigarette lighter. I'm noticing that a lot are saying only for electrical accessories.

Might need to go to PepBoys or an AutoZone and get one made for an actual cigarette lighter.

I'm not sure about the wiring... I'd run ground back directly to the battery though, not just the frame. I'd also add an inline fuse... that thing takes 15 amps I believe. Might want to run a relay off of your accessory/ignition switch to protect your wiring and to prevent someone from burning your bike while you are in having a latté somewhere.... If you don't care about that, then just run a hot right off your battery with the inline fuse in it.... not sure about fuse size... I'd start with a 15 amp and if that blows, go to a 20 amp.

an aside... In looking around, I found a setup for installing a cigarette lighter in your computer... hilarious...
Old 11-28-2007, 07:09 AM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
8-ball- Your sig say 34F, 33F here. Whats up with that?