Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Engine & Transmission
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 02-14-2016, 10:54 AM
Doof Clenas Member

Last Cigar Smoked: Probably a Swisher Sweet
Ancient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suck
Mission creep in full effect here. Got a bit of the slippy clutch happening.

Old 02-14-2016, 01:15 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Check your crank lately?

Greg, I found that the stock clutch is only good for *stock* torque. I'm using a Barnett VPC, and the difference was immediately noticeable.
I wasn't "sure" that it was slipping but thought -maybe-...
After adding the VPC, it was instantly obvious that yes, it HAD been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod

Last edited by MrSurly; 02-14-2016 at 03:01 PM.
Old 02-14-2016, 04:51 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSurly View Post
Greg, I found that the stock clutch is only good for *stock* torque. I'm using a Barnett VPC, and the difference was immediately noticeable.
I wasn't "sure" that it was slipping but thought -maybe-...
After adding the VPC, it was instantly obvious that yes, it HAD been.
I'm figuring I'll have to beef up the clutch some as well.

Kimber

Old 02-14-2016, 09:13 PM
Augmented

Last Cigar Smoked: Saf Fran OG
Turbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Iron View Post
Mike,
That is one gorgeous cam plate and pump!

Bob,
I think I have a set of SE203's laying around here if you would like them. Yours for the asking.
That sounds like a winner, however I have a set of stock grinds on the way. You wouldn'd happen to have a semi gorgeous cam plate to go with them would you? I checked throughout the case and found most of the debris. I guess the pump munched up the rest and sent it into the cam plate? Their is some scoring to be had on the cam plate, so I'll have to locate one somewhere. I guessed their might be stock grind cams sitting idly by, but I'm sure nobody here happens to have a spare cam plate.
I found a Fueing part on Amazon, but thought I'd stir up the doof pot again before I commit to another retail purchase.
The rest of the motor seems to be in fair clean condition. Mike, I checked the crank sensor and it was clean enough considering its age. Any other advice will be greatly appretiated one and all.

BOB

L.Ron Hoover Welcomes you to the
First Church of Appliantology
Old 02-14-2016, 09:20 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Turtle View Post
That sounds like a winner, however I have a set of stock grinds on the way. You wouldn'd happen to have a semi gorgeous cam plate to go with them would you? I checked throughout the case and found most of the debris. I guess the pump munched up the rest and sent it into the cam plate? Their is some scoring to be had on the cam plate, so I'll have to locate one somewhere. I guessed their might be stock grind cams sitting idly by, but I'm sure nobody here happens to have a spare cam plate.
I found a Fueing part on Amazon, but thought I'd stir up the doof pot again before I commit to another retail purchase.
The rest of the motor seems to be in fair clean condition. Mike, I checked the crank sensor and it was clean enough considering its age. Any other advice will be greatly appretiated one and all.

BOB
Was there any evidence of metal pieces on the magnetic end of the oil drain plug? If so, I would at a minimum pull the cylinders and put a small wand magnet into the bottom of the case and see if you come out with any pieces.

Kimber

Old 02-14-2016, 09:37 PM
Augmented

Turbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroad Mike View Post
Was there any evidence of metal pieces on the magnetic end of the oil drain plug? If so, I would at a minimum pull the cylinders and put a small wand magnet into the bottom of the case and see if you come out with any pieces.
Nothing more than normal

Old 02-15-2016, 07:58 AM
Doof Clenas Member

Last Cigar Smoked: Probably a Swisher Sweet
Ancient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suck
Bob,
I don't think I have a plate lying around. Sorry about that.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:49 AM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I had missed this detail; I have the stock camplate from my '01 somewhere. Let me know if you need it as I'll have to do some digging. I don't recall there being any oil pump issue with it, just pulled to upgrade to hydraulic tensioners. The '01 had virtually *no* runout...

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 02-15-2016, 11:06 AM
Augmented

Ricky, I would appreciate the look see for sure. The engine internals seem to be pretty clean. Orbit is sending his stock 06' cams. Their is one small piece off the one squished lifter I could not locate, however I don't feel like it will be catastrophic if I can't locate it.
On a lighter note, I might be re employed at the University again soon. Time will tell.

BOB

Old 02-15-2016, 11:29 AM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Being employed is a good thing when you have a cratered engine.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 02-15-2016, 12:27 PM
Augmented

Yes it is. Working on a friends house as time and circumstance allows, however it's just barely keeping me afloat. Glad I didn't part with the Zuk 350 before now, or I'd really be up a creek.

BOB

Old 02-15-2016, 08:35 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

Check your crank lately?

Bob, as an accomplished pack rat/hoarder it is with a heavy heart that I must admit after hours of searching that I simply can't find the plate or cams or any other parts from that job. I don't know what happened and I apologize. I also need to thank you... Because I found some other things that I've been missing.
I'm sorry.

It's so very frustrating because I would not throw those pieces away as they were very usable.
It IS possible that I gave them away already and simply forgot(!)

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod

Last edited by MrSurly; 02-15-2016 at 09:04 PM.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:18 PM
Original Delinquent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSurly View Post
I also need to thank you... Because I found some other things that I've been missing.
so, what'd you find?

Kimber

Old 02-15-2016, 10:03 PM
Augmented

Oy Rick, I feel very blessed to have received the help I have to date. Thanks again for your time and effort. I'm sure the parts did find a compatible home. Also glad you found some missing item/s. I thought I had found a Fueling plate to order last night, but it was for a upgraded outside later model chain drive set-up. I suppose I have to do some more searching. As much as I fully expected to be riding it today, I will be lucky to have this complete by the end of next weekend. Plus side is the experience.

BOB

Old 02-15-2016, 10:10 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

I'm still on the hunt for it, could still happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod