Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Air Cleaners
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 09-30-2007, 09:38 AM
insomniac

zukeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withzukeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withzukeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withzukeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withzukeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withzukeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withzukeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withzukeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withzukeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withzukeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withzukeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
aerosol is fine... just takes a deft hand.
megas hand only knows the up and down motion
Old 09-30-2007, 09:45 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
If I could buy a deft hand, I would, but the local auto parts store doesn't sell them, so I'm still recommending the squeeze bottle...

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:47 AM
DynaDav

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGlide View Post
If I could buy a deft hand, I would, but the local auto parts store doesn't sell them, so I'm still recommending the squeeze bottle...
Did you try Pep Boys?
Old 09-30-2007, 10:22 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
We're kind of a backwater here.
No Pep Boys...

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:18 PM
R.I.P.
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Garytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recently
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Butte View Post
Any body check out the New 5/8" taller K&N replacement at Zippers performance?
I've had one for a little over a year. I like it. I have the Screechin' Eagle stage 1 a/c, and replaced their filter with the Zipper's. MUCH better(!), I.M.O. ... Oh, it's not made by K&N though (at least that's what Zipper's said when I querried...). There does seem to be some difference in construction (besides just size difference), though similar type filter design.

http://www.zippersperformance.com/ca...=588&prod=2155
http://www.zippersperformance.com/ca...=588&prod=2155

http://www.zippersperformance.com/ca...=588&prod=2152
http://www.zippersperformance.com/ca...=588&prod=2152

Not all inclusive, and there's more to it than just cfm, but this is from an American Rider August 2006 article (the K&N is the RK-3909, not the HD-8OO, though I know the Zipper's is higher cfm than either):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AC Results.jpg (38.5 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by Garytheterrible; 10-01-2007 at 08:45 AM.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:51 AM
R.I.P.
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Garytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recently
The highest rated a/c cfm of any that I know of is here: http://www.bcheads.com/new.htm, though I think it's a bit overkill and (I.M.O.) butt-ugly... Oh, and $140... Just F.Y.I.

(Of course, the more ya cover/hide it, the less open/less cfm... Jus' sayin'...)

Last edited by Garytheterrible; 10-01-2007 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:00 PM
Banned

xcelr8 is a rotten little girlxcelr8 is a rotten little girlxcelr8 is a rotten little girlxcelr8 is a rotten little girlxcelr8 is a rotten little girlxcelr8 is a rotten little girlxcelr8 is a rotten little girlxcelr8 is a rotten little girlxcelr8 is a rotten little girlxcelr8 is a rotten little girlxcelr8 is a rotten little girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by billymac View Post
Just replaced my SE Air Cleaner with the K&N. How often are you guys cleaning these suckers out? Box says 50,000 under normal use. I ain't buying that.
why not? I gotta think that the guys that built it know a little bit about their product. I read somewhere on the K&N website that explains why. Seems the dirt that is attracted to the element acts as a filter as well. Cleaning too often reduces the effect of the filter. Sounds totally goofy, but that's what they claim.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:33 PM
Magyarorszag

475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by billymac View Post
Just replaced my SE Air Cleaner with the K&N. How often are you guys cleaning these suckers out? Box says 50,000 under normal use. I ain't buying that.
every other earl change
Old 01-29-2008, 05:35 PM
Just plain Doof

rk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by 475wildey View Post
every other earl change
what about earl?

Psalm 23:4 and the Second Amendment are enough for me.

If you have issue with anything in this post. You can address this by opening a dos prompt and typing
cd C:/
and then type
format C:

What you looking for?