Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > The Gym
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

The Gym Put on your sweats and come on in.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:15 PM
Airhead

Ken R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steak
You're gonna find that it gets easier and easier; especially if you go out with a group. In fact, the human body gets so efficient when trained/fit that it doesn't burn as many calories per hour. It's harder for a fit person to lose weight.

So far, I have over 500 miles in 2012. Last week of 2011 I logged 360 miles. (My training log runs Monday through Sunday. I'm training for a training camp in Majorca, Spain in April. Need to lose 10 pounds to make it over the mountains with the level with which I usually ride. My usual mileage is 6,000 to 9,000 a year on the bicycle.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:49 AM
Enzyte Bob

Mercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographic
I don't even know how to respond to this.
I have a family, job, mortgage, car payments, and most of the time I'm on an overtime job. I weigh more than I want to, have back problems, and I have issues in general. It's hard many times for me to squeeze out 40 minutes before dark to get 10 miles in.

*2007 FXSTC 103*
103+ Heads, 50mm Throttle Body, Andrews 54 H Cams
PC 111, Rinehart 2 into 1's
108 HP 112 FP/T SAE
43 ft/lbs of Doof
Built by Me
Tuned by Jesse @ 41 Cycles
I am Bob

+

The Square Root of 1849 is...

If anyone is interested in time travel, meet me last Tuesday at the Ga 43 sign.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:03 PM
Airhead

Ken R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steak
Yeah, it's tough to work an exercise routine into a busy work and family schedule. Especially a competitive exercise routine. I was lucky, my son bicycled with me for 5 years before he went to college and competed on the UT team. We trained and raced together all those years and was great motivation for me.

10 miles a day (or no less than 70 a week) will accomplish most peoples' goals for weight loss and fitness. But along with needs to be a calorie-counting diet. The human body is so efficient that one saltine cracker contains enough fuel for over a minue of bicycling.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:49 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Half Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
You don't have to compare your efforts or goals to anyone else's. Everybody's lives and schedules are different, just like everybody's goals are different. You only need to compare who and where you are today to who and where you were yesterday and keep challenging yourself to do what you can do.

I don't work out nearly like I did 2-3 years ago, and couldn't even if I wanted to. Circumstances just don't permit it anymore. But I do what I can with what I have to work with, and I'm satisfied with that.

YOU are your only measuring stick. Don't be concerned with what anyone else is doing.

Old 01-17-2012, 01:51 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by unchained View Post
You don't have to compare your efforts or goals to anyone else's. Everybody's lives and schedules are different, just like everybody's goals are different. You only need to compare who and where you are today to who and where you were yesterday and keep challenging yourself to do what you can do.

I don't work out nearly like I did 2-3 years ago, and couldn't even if I wanted to. Circumstances just don't permit it anymore. But I do what I can with what I have to work with, and I'm satisfied with that.

YOU are your only measuring stick. Don't be concerned with what anyone else is doing.
oh good, because you would laugh at my work out....I am exhausted doing 40-45 minutes on the elliptical.
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 01-17-2012, 01:51 PM
Airhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by unchained View Post

Thanks, Cindy. That was a much better reply than mine.

Ken
Old 01-29-2012, 07:30 PM
Enzyte Bob

Mercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographicMercury is not in AOL's target demographic
Hit a milestone today on my Trek 1500. The odometer rolled 5000 miles today. Big smile as I watched.

Will be out of town working this week, so January riding is done. Got re-focused and put some miles in.

1/16 20 miles
1/18 21 miles
1/19 25 miles
1/23 30 miles
1/26 11.5 miles
1/28 17 miles
1/29 12.5 miles

187 miles ridden in 2012
20 miles ahead of schedule

*2007 FXSTC 103*
108 HP 112 FP/T SAE
43 ft/lbs of Doof
Built by Me
I am Bob

+

Old 01-29-2012, 11:40 PM
Airhead

Wow! That's racking 'em up. Are you seeing the effects you're working for?
Old 01-30-2012, 08:10 PM
Enzyte Bob

I don't know... I'm sore

*2007 FXSTC 103*
108 HP 112 FP/T SAE
43 ft/lbs of Doof
Built by Me
I am Bob

+

Old 03-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Enzyte Bob

Slack February

Only 37 miles in February
I've been working out of town and the weather hasn't been favorable.
No big deal. I'll get rolling in March.

224 miles ridden in 2012

*2007 FXSTC 103*
108 HP 112 FP/T SAE
43 ft/lbs of Doof
Built by Me
I am Bob

+

Old 04-22-2012, 01:58 PM
Enzyte Bob

Working Outta Town - Gimme A Break

I've been working out of town & living in my camper 5 days a week. I started at the end of January. That and lack of daylight once I got off work at 5:30pm resulted in only 37 miles in February and a 110 mile deficit. March got slightly better with the time change, but I still only rode 147 miles and the deficit increased to 130 miles. April has been much better. I've already ridden 145 miles this month. I need 22 miles to meet the monthly schedule and I still have 8 days left in the month to reduce the overall deficit for the year.

It's a 3 hour drive to the job. I've been trailering my motorcycle some weeks and riding back & forth to work on it. Oh get over it... I can't ride it over there because I bring my wife a big present every weekend. (YES a basket of dirty clothes IS a present) I miss you guys & gals. I've got a laptop set up now & will be taking it over there with me. I also see none of ya'll slackers are working out at all. Oh! the shame of it all....

*2007 FXSTC 103*
108 HP 112 FP/T SAE
43 ft/lbs of Doof
Built by Me
I am Bob

+

Old 04-30-2012, 08:46 PM
Enzyte Bob

Alright... I had ridden 145 miles this month on the 22nd. I rode 73 more miles over the last 8 days of the month for 218 miles in April. This reduced my deficit from 129 miles to 78 miles.

589 miles ridden in 2012
(should be at 667 - 78 miles behind schedule)
The quest to ride 2000 miles continues...

*2007 FXSTC 103*
108 HP 112 FP/T SAE
43 ft/lbs of Doof
Built by Me
I am Bob

+

Old 06-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Enzyte Bob

Had a good May. Rode 211 miles... that's the monthly 167 + 44 extra for deficit reduction. With any luck, I'll close out June back on schedule

798 miles ridden in 2012
(should be at 833 - 35 miles behind schedule)

*2007 FXSTC 103*
108 HP 112 FP/T SAE
43 ft/lbs of Doof
Built by Me
I am Bob

+

Old 06-02-2012, 10:17 PM
Airhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
Had a good May. Rode 211 miles... that's the monthly 167 + 44 extra for deficit reduction. With any luck, I'll close out June back on schedule

798 miles ridden in 2012
(should be at 833 - 35 miles behind schedule)
Keep at it. Hope you're having fun while doin' it. Cycling is the best exercise for burning calories and getting fit than any other. And if you like being on 2 wheels, it's fun.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:27 PM
Enzyte Bob

June isn't over yet, but I'm back!
203 miles so far this month and I'm back on schedule
I should be at 1000 miles by the end of June

1001 miles ridden in 2012

*2007 FXSTC 103*
108 HP 112 FP/T SAE
43 ft/lbs of Doof
Built by Me
I am Bob

+