Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Sportster
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 01-12-2008, 09:54 AM
OutlawDevilDog

I love my Horse!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000674.JPG (287.9 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg P1010130.JPG (234.2 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg P1010277.jpg (64.2 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg P1010644.JPG (253.5 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg P1010657.JPG (203.9 KB, 36 views)
Old 02-16-2008, 03:50 PM
OutlawDevilDog

Put on my new chrome!!!

Here is the latest edition to my SPORTY!
-Chrome hand controls
-Impaler Flamed Billet Chrome Grips
-Impaler Flamed Foot Pegs
-Impaler Flamed Shifter Peg
-HD Diamond Cut Braided Throttle/Idle cables
-HD Diamond Cut Clutch cable
-HD Diamond Cut Front Brake Hydraulic line
-SwitchBlade Shorty Tint WS (removable)
-Rebuffini ApusStyle Mirros
-Boss Bags Removable SaddleBags
-Hand Tooled Custom solo Seat courtesy www.roberticustoms.com
-D&D Exhaust w/ThunderMonster PowerBaffle GRRRRRR!!!!
-HeadWinds Headlamp
-Garmin ZUMO
I think it came together awesome...Hope you all agree. Ride safe DOOF's
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010711.jpg (133.1 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg P1010713.jpg (125.7 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg P1010714.jpg (88.7 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg P1010715.jpg (129.9 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg P1010721.jpg (108.5 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg P1010718.jpg (99.6 KB, 36 views)
Old 02-16-2008, 04:50 PM
43rd Prophet

swmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suck
DAYUM!!! that's one wild lookin' Sporty...

I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.
~James Madison, speech, Virginia Convention, 1788

Old 02-16-2008, 04:57 PM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
YEAH MAN !!!

That's one good looking sporty !!!!!!!!!!!!

States I've ridden my scoots in:

Old 02-16-2008, 06:13 PM
My 'ol dog JACK in Heaven

Chromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Thumbs up

Come on...there's got to be more Sportsters than that?? (granted it's got to be somewhat intimidating to follow the signatures of Grlegirl and lady Godiva).

Devil Dog and Mr. Clean, Speedy, Mikey...looking good too...

Sportster's ROCK! Come on folks, more XL photos please...

As a matter of fact...Road Kings DO ROCK!!

"Betty" the '06 Road King. Our 10 Year Anniversary and 44,600 miles together...

(Initiation ride '07) (CO '07) "Chromer"...Welder of Chrome pipes, Stainless Steel pipes and other Alloy and Carbon steel stuff......
Old 02-16-2008, 06:51 PM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
I saw a Nightster at the shop today when I was picking up my Sundowner that had black miniapes with those HD Diamond Cut cables. Freakin awesome! I am looking to put them on mine, maybe later this year. Also looking at bars for it. Those drag bars really give the Sporty a low and lean look to it, but I'll have to see about the comfort level.

ODD: Do you have the rear lowered on that? If so, what kind of shocks did you go with to do it?
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - Gen Eisenhower.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:53 PM
OutlawDevilDog

Yeah man, i put on Progressive 11" couldn't tell you which model number though...low lean and mean, cool as sh#t too...
Old 02-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
Thought about lowering the front to give a more evened out look? I like it the way it is, don't get me wrong, but with the front lowered, that thing would look ilke it going 100 MPH when it's sitting still.

Great looking bike, I can tell you really put some time and $$$ in to it.
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - Gen Eisenhower.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:00 PM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by why_me View Post
I saw a Nightster at the shop today when I was picking up my Sundowner that had black miniapes with those HD Diamond Cut cables. Freakin awesome! I am looking to put them on mine, maybe later this year. Also looking at bars for it. Those drag bars really give the Sporty a low and lean look to it, but I'll have to see about the comfort level.

ODD: Do you have the rear lowered on that? If so, what kind of shocks did you go with to do it?
I had the drag bars on my bike .... can post pics is you want, ....... they were not, are not, comfortable for long rides ............. LOOKS ;........ O YEAH, fck it LOOKS fantastic with the drag bars, but riding sucks over 150 miles ... and most of my riding is 300+mile days .......... mini apes are what's on the bike now, and has been since 2002, very comfortable, and I think looks good too ..... but then I might be biased .......... jus sayin'

Old 02-16-2008, 07:05 PM
OutlawDevilDog

The front is lowered but only 1/2" from stock. Didn't replace forks, just slide them in 1/2" further because I wanted a more evened out look. That's as level as she's going...Already drag on the right because of the lowered rear. Pipes are so close....Yeeeouch!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2008, 07:11 PM
Double-D

Mikey, that's the kind of info I was looking for. They looked like they would be uncomfortable on the back during a long haul, just wanted confirmation. the looks are there, but I didn't buy the bike to look at. The other bars I was looking at was the Buckhorns to replace the stock 1200C bars that are on there now. Sitting on a couple at the local shop that have them on there, they feel like they would be comfy on a longer ride. Kicking myself now for not sitting on the Nightster with the mini-apes to see how that felt. Probably be sold by the next time I get up there.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:14 PM
Double-D

ODD: how far did the 11" shocks drop the seat height? Mine is perfect for me right now, but the wife has to tippy toe it when she straddles it. She can flatfoot the Soft tail Deluxe, but I don't really want to drop that kind of coin on a bike for her until I am sure she would ride often enough to justify it.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:18 PM
OutlawDevilDog

Well, when I ride, I am hunched over a bit. My bars break towards the rider about 6 - 8 " out so you don't reach for them as bad. I have seen straight drag bars and tey were even more uncomfortable than mine. When I did the Doofapalooza in Colorado last summer, it wasn't my back that really gave me problems, it was that hard a$$ seat...I was so saddle sore...I had basically just got the seat and the leather is a thick grain leather so it was not broken in yet, by the end of the trip it was...But my a$$ was broke too! COMFORT? It's all about being cool man...Just sayin'
Old 02-16-2008, 07:24 PM
OutlawDevilDog

I am 5' 5" and when I sit on it I am really low. You can sort of see in my signature pic the seat height compared to my height (or lack of...) and that seat is a BadLander after market buy. With the right seat, the stock seat is too fat and has way too much padding, and the shorter shocks, you can probably change the seat height by 4" definately and maybe as much as 5"...
Old 02-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Buffalo Hump

Quote:
Originally Posted by why_me View Post
Mikey, that's the kind of info I was looking for. They looked like they would be uncomfortable on the back during a long haul, just wanted confirmation. the looks are there, but I didn't buy the bike to look at. The other bars I was looking at was the Buckhorns to replace the stock 1200C bars that are on there now. Sitting on a couple at the local shop that have them on there, they feel like they would be comfy on a longer ride. Kicking myself now for not sitting on the Nightster with the mini-apes to see how that felt. Probably be sold by the next time I get up there.

WM ........... I've never had buck horns, but those that I know that have had them, HATED THEM ... they put your hands in a not friendly position, and on long hauls your feel (so I'm told, and can understand after looking at them) that you have to HANG ONTO the bars all the time.

with buckhorns the grips are positioned basically front to back ... so you can sorta get the idea that you are 'holding on' all the time, as opposed to 'resting' your hands on the grips.

also, with buckhorns, your hands are positioned at 90degrees (thumbs up), as opposed to shall we say, palms down. Palms down is more natural and therefore on the long haul, more comfortable .....

I think the buck horns look ok on the ***** 450/650 and the likes of that ............ nice for bar hopping, some times,l maybe, or not ..................

NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING wrong with buck horns ......... jus sayin'