Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Veterans
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 08-18-2009, 03:36 PM
Vlad, the Impaler

juski has done little more than show upjuski has done little more than show upjuski has done little more than show upjuski has done little more than show upjuski has done little more than show upjuski has done little more than show up
11th SOG, 10th SOG, and "legged" it for the last few

1971 to retirement in 1995, US Army.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flag 014.jpg (27.6 KB, 36 views)

[IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][SIGPIC]
Old 08-18-2009, 03:38 PM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: comancho
Sonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by juski View Post
1971 to retirement in 1995, US Army.
Thnks for your service young man.... might have served with you in the 70s

Chris
RIP MONGOOSE

2002 RK Police
95 Big Bore Kit, Weisco Flat Top Pistons, 9.13:1
Engine built by Wilsons of E-town,KY
Vance and Hines Ovals
SE Air Cleaner, K&N Filter
2006 HD Stock Heads
Andrews 26G Cams
Dyno'd by ENGINES BY OTTO

851st ARMY SECURITY AGENCY - Europe - 74-77
Old 08-27-2009, 06:14 PM
Living 1 ride at a time

Last Cigar Smoked: cuban, in Afghanistan
AFNurse is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAFNurse is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAFNurse is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAFNurse is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAFNurse is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAFNurse is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAFNurse is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAFNurse is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAFNurse is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAFNurse is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAFNurse is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
HHB 3/12 FA (Lance), Aschaffenburg Germany 1987-1990
134th Medical Co (ground Amb) (Iowa Army National Guard) 1990-1997
Deployed to Desert Storm 1991
D Co 1/163 Mech Inf, Great Falls MT 1997-1998
120th Fighter Wing, Montana Air National Guard, Great Falls, MT, 1998-2000
375th Medical Group, Scott AFB, IL 2000-2002
86th and 435th Medical Groups Ramstein Germany 2002-2005
59th Medical Wing, (Wilford Hall Medical Center) Lackland AFB, TX 2005-2009
Deployed to 332 Air Expaditionary Medical Group, Balad Iraq 2008
341st Medical Group, Great Falls, MT July 2009-present

Old 10-05-2009, 12:57 PM
Technical Member

HDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
USAF `69 ~`73 CH3C rescue choppers.
Doc
Old 10-05-2009, 01:35 PM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyD View Post
United States Air Force
1981 - 1984
304x0 - Wideband Communications Technician
Hessisch-Oldendorf, Germany (Yep, H.O.G.)
609th Tactical Control Squadron - We were a Mobile Radar site
Worldwide Deployable
N.A.D.G.E. (NATO Air Defense Ground Element)
Cold War Warrior
Amazing that after over 20 years how easily I remember it.

The Bad Munder Radar Site (where 609th was located when not deployed for NATO war games-yep, we slept in tents, played the games, in the mud, snow, or heat depending upon what time of the year) does not exist anymore.
Hessisch-Oldendorf Air Station (where we, 619th & 629th TCFs billeted), and the 600th CSS was located does not exist.

We were a GSU and the East Germany border was only about 60 miles due east of Bad Munder.

Most interesting memory: Seeing 2 MIGs do a fly over our site, I wasn't smiling for their cameras. Reds caught the Allies with their 'pants down' that day, they were in & out of West Germany air space within 3 minutes.

Most unforgettable memory: One of the plane crashes (this one an F-4) I was deployed to; for setting up secure communictions. Story goes that the pilots had two choices: 1) Eject out of the barely-controllable aircraft and live. 2) Fight the controls of that S.O.B. all the way down. When control was lost, the plane was going down, heading for a civilian elementary school. They were able to get it 'turned' to go down into a nearby forest ~1000 yds from the school...they went with it.

The Cold War has turned into a distant memory for many in the U.S., and some news pundits even question whether the 40 year effort meant anything.

For those two pilots and everyone who served to keep Europe and the World free from Soviet aggression...damn straight...we made a difference...it was worth it.
Sorry about being long-winded. I salute all my brothers & sisters who in the past and present have worn the uniform of the United States military.

1776 - 2007: 231 years and countin'
My dad was stationed at Hahn during the same time. He had been in since '75 and was a Crew Chief. Started on F-4s, went to '16s and finished on T-37s in Columbus. I remember when that crash happened. A similar crash happened not far from Hahn. My dad was on the crash recovery team at the time and had some nasty stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonChief View Post
Interesting you bring this up. Some of the old heads at work were discussing this the other day. The kids, ooops I'm supposed to call them that, uh the Airmen and JNCOS have no idea what the cold war was.

Sometimes I do miss the days when I knew going to work every day that the mission was simply to assure the destruction of millions of commie bastages.
I remind them, often, of how different times are now. Some listen, they are usually the ones who stay.

I was just reading back through this today. I stated it before, but never listed the places I've been.

Apr 93- Apr 94, Presidio of Monterey, Tech school
Apr-Sep 94, Goodfellow AFB, TX, Tech School
Sep 94-Sep 96, Fort Meade, MD
Sep 96 - Nov 96, Fairchild AFB, WA, Survival School
Nov 96 - Jan 99, RAF Mildenhall, UK
Jan 99 - Nov 99, DC, Tech School
Nov 99 - Nov 06, RAF Mildenhall, UK
Nov 06 - Present, Fort Meade, MD

Lots of time spent at NSA, Souda Bay, Crete
PSAB, Saudi Arabia (Southern Watch)
Operation Allied Force
Incirlik, Turkey (Northern Watch)
Al Udeid AB, Qatar (OIF/OEF)
Balad AB, Iraq

Will likely see some more deployment time before I retire since my staff job assignment expires in a little over a year. I used to count the total number of days I had spent on the road, then it got to be too much.

My plan used to be stay till 20, then find a new job. Now, I'll stay in as long as they keep promoting me, or until I don't have fun anymore. I can tell you, I am tired of flying a desk......

2009 Vivid Black Street Glide Ultra

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:43 AM
gAZINTAs

majikman has failed to amuse us
USAF 1968 - 1972