Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Specific Crap
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Specific Crap No, really, I'm sayin'.

Old 10-03-2017, 07:04 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Keurig issue, again...

So when I buy and bring home my 75 pod box of Peets Major Dickinson pods, at least a third of the pods have slack loose foil tops, resulting in stale coffee and while brewing the foil lifts and allows grounds to spill into the cup.

A few back and forth e-mails with Peets has resulted in them admitting the "Green Mountain" pods the coffee into the pods at the Green Mountain plant.

Seems to me that Green Mountain is not doing a great job of packaging someone else's product.

Peets say for me to contact Green Mountain to voice my issue. Too bad they were unable to include a e-mail link to them...

Gosh things were so much easier grinding the beans myself and brewing in a brewer.

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 10-03-2017, 07:52 PM
Double-D
I am Doof

Bluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milk
I know I’m too low brow, but my Folgers and 12 cup Mr. Coffee machine do me well.

Except when the damn filter folds over and the bottom of the cup has “chewy” coffee in it.

Just gotta pour it slower

Old 10-03-2017, 09:05 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I have the grinder and the Mr coffee thermal brewer and has done a great job.

I was forced into becoming a pod person.

For the once a month convenience to make a pod of coco, (really just instant hot coco in a pod) and then the fight started...

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 10-03-2017, 09:31 PM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
I stopped drinking coffee on the regular shortly after we got our Keurig. Not related, just a change in life.
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - Gen Eisenhower.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:39 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Keurig ain't coffee.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 10-03-2017, 11:11 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Testify...

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 10-04-2017, 12:41 AM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Keurig issue, again...

I like my coffee boring. Folgers Classic in a drip machine. No pods, pouches, presses or processes. It’s boring, but it’s coffee and it’s very very consistent.
I had Kuerigs tossed ‘em after a good two year’s trial. What a waste. We have (had) fancy pod machines at work; much better than K-cups but needlessly weird and trendy. We’ve since returned to the ol faithful Bunn at the office.

Cuppa joe is all I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 10-04-2017, 04:24 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

ms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
I import Peet's bean from California, grind and brew them at home. I have a tendency to take my coffee with me when I travel because I like my coffee and generally don't like your coffee.

High Priestess of the Cloudriders
Old 10-04-2017, 05:03 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_tapestry View Post
I import Peet's bean from California, grind and brew them at home. I have a tendency to take my coffee with me when I travel because I like my coffee and generally don't like your coffee.
I'm a Community Coffee person, and order mine in from Baton Rouge. I have difficulty with anything else.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 10-04-2017, 05:44 AM
gAZINTAs

ginya doesn't need a tube sockginya doesn't need a tube sockginya doesn't need a tube sockginya doesn't need a tube sockginya doesn't need a tube sockginya doesn't need a tube sockginya doesn't need a tube sockginya doesn't need a tube sockginya doesn't need a tube sockginya doesn't need a tube sockginya doesn't need a tube sock
I love my BUNN'S........
Old 10-04-2017, 07:54 AM
Doof Clenas Member

Last Cigar Smoked: Probably a Swisher Sweet
Ancient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suck
The biggest flavor difference I've had in the coffee world is purchasing one of these recently. I woke up to the sound and smell of these things percolating through most of my childhood. And it struck me recently that coffee tasted fuller and richer back then. So I snagged one and it made a big difference. They perc at 190-195 deg. Much hotter water gets more oils extracted from the coffee and much more flavor. I will never use a drip machine again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg perc.JPG (29.3 KB, 54 views)
Old 10-04-2017, 08:46 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_tapestry View Post

I have entertained the thought of traveling with a 6 cup cemex, but how to "boil" the water, and where could I keep those contraptions on the bike?

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 10-04-2017, 10:43 AM
Double-D
I am Doof

Bluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Butte View Post
I have entertained the thought of traveling with a 6 cup cemex, but how to "boil" the water, and where could I keep those contraptions on the bike?
Just draw from your radiator?

Old 10-04-2017, 11:30 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

I have been known to transport Blind Dog and Peets to motels and have gotten permission to "hijack" their Bunn to brew extra strong flavorful coffee for groups and friends...

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 10-04-2017, 04:35 PM
Harry The M

Last Cigar Smoked: Spare Tire
Harry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
What would Juan Valdez Do !!!! He wouldn't use one of them fancy Cure-Egg