Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Test Rides and Reviews
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Test Rides and Reviews If you've gone out and ridden it... let us know your thoughts...

Old 03-08-2014, 06:00 PM
I like my bacon battered

BenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
2014 Indian Chieftain

So Indian rolled through Houston today for a demo day and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to check them out in person.

I rode the Chieftain and the Chief Vintage. I'm too big to get my butt on a Chief Classic so I didn't even try that one.

The Chieftain was a big surprise in how much fun it was.

Pro's:
- Smooth, very smooth. At idle the engine isn't doing the HD paint shaker routine but it's not the Goldwing sewing machine either. It's somewhere in-between.
- Under hard acceleration the front end picks up and goes. I think I could have done a wheelie if I had pushed it a little more!
- Braking - the feel of the brakes is great! Floating rotors from the factory are nice.
- The engine, even with stock exhaust, sounded really good. I'm surprised I'm saying that but I actually like it. It didn't have an odd metric bike v-twin sound that I was expected. It didn't soundly Harley, but it wasn't too far off of that mark IMO.
- The adjustable windshield is a nice touch!
- The controls, even though different placement than HD became very natural after the 1st mile.
- Power locks on the saddle bags! Yeah, hit the button on the remote and *click* the saddle bags are now locked up too! There's also a cool pouch and ipod/iphone connecter in the right side saddle bag as well.
- The sound system - great sound and quite loud at 80mph. The sounds increases/decreases based upon speed. It also has built in bluetooth!
- The suspension - OMG what a dream! I found myself looking for potholes to really test it out and it was amazing! I was having so much fun cornering I caught myself actually laughing out loud. The handling was exceptional and I think I can lean this thing over in turns farther w/out anything scraping than what I can do in my Road King. I think the suspension is the best part of this whole bike. I almost didn't want to ride home on my RK because of how good the suspension felt on the Chieftain.

Con's:
- Not much to find except the styling. I'm not 100% sold the looks.
- My 95" with cams has much more low end than the stock 111, but mid range is a wash and top end the 111 is a monster!

Seating position is definitely different than the HD, but it's not bad. It's more of personal preference and I liked it. Seating is lower than my RK with the floorboards further forward. At least that's how it felt to me. The stock bars felt good. Much higher than stock RK/EG bars and they cleared my highly perched knees with plenty of room.

I'll be keeping an eye on them over the next couple of years to see how maintenance is on them as well as their pricing in the used market. Throw on a riders back rest, passenger back rest, and some highway pegs and I'm set to put miles and miles on one!

Old 03-08-2014, 06:44 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Uh-ohh.

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 03-08-2014, 08:53 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I've been trying real hard to stay away from them.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 03-08-2014, 09:04 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Last Cigar Smoked: Man O' War Ruination
SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
It ALMOST sounds like you were describing a 14 FLHTK. ...

Power locking bags would be nice. ..

Sometimes ya just gotta Tapatalk
From my Brother Don... I love his insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Postwhores are a dime a dozen.
What's impressive about you is that you are your own pimp.
Kudos!

Old 03-09-2014, 09:47 PM
Unknown Rider

Last Cigar Smoked: Camacho Connecticut
fr8dog stays crunchy even in milkfr8dog stays crunchy even in milkfr8dog stays crunchy even in milkfr8dog stays crunchy even in milkfr8dog stays crunchy even in milkfr8dog stays crunchy even in milkfr8dog stays crunchy even in milkfr8dog stays crunchy even in milkfr8dog stays crunchy even in milkfr8dog stays crunchy even in milkfr8dog stays crunchy even in milk
Thanks for the ride review, BB. You echo what I have read elsewhere. Makes me wish I could have found one to take for a test ride before pulling the trigger on my RK.

Old 03-10-2014, 10:36 AM
I like my bacon battered

BenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
I forgot to mention that buffeting was minimal, even for a tall rider like me.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:05 AM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
When I got the Ultra I thought the power locks were a silly toy and I got a kick out of showing them to everyone. They seemed to be the perfect illustration of ridiculousness, equal to headlight wipers.
And after a bit I realized they are actually kinda cool and more useful than I had thought.
I'm glad they are there, now.

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 03-10-2014, 12:17 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Much as it pains me to say it, I've grown quite fond of the power locks.

Sent from my iPad, probably while I'm pooping.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 03-10-2014, 02:47 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Stockman View Post
Much as it pains me to say it, I've grown quite fond of the power locks.

Sent from my iPad, probably while I'm pooping.
when I cut the wires you won't be gloating so damn much
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 03-10-2014, 02:49 PM
Smuckin' Fartass

Last Cigar Smoked: Olivia Nub Maduro
Woody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sock
I can't handle that fugly fairing that Indian has. It looks like they took some kid's snow saucer and bolted it to the bike.

Sent from my atomic powered HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Old 03-10-2014, 03:27 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippsy View Post
when I cut the wires you won't be gloating so damn much

Wire cutters or tin snips?

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...