Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > ATVs, Dirt Bikes and Schtuff
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

ATVs, Dirt Bikes and Schtuff For those of you who like to do it in the dirt

Old 03-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

PeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
I rode a KLR650 today

Nice bike, has good power for a single cylinder 650. It handles well and is very light. The seat is a little high and the baby wind screan does nothing, the foot pegs are a little akward but in general, its a good ride. The bike is a pretty good machine for less than 5 grand. I'm not sure how it would be on the interstate but for around town and off road it is good. With a little adventure touring gear, some hard luggage and a better windscreen it would be good for short range adventure touring.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:14 PM
Somewhat Bionic

Last Cigar Smoked: Hoyo De Monterrey Robusto
Big Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I thought you had orders to quit spending for awhile.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting '..holy sh*t ....what a ride!' - George Carlin

Old 03-21-2010, 10:33 PM
Keeper - Awful Secret

rangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milk
I've got an older one, they will handle interstate speeds okay. You can mess with the drive/driven sprockets to tailor engine rpms to the style of riding you want.

Pretty much necessary to add a decent Cee Bailey or like windshield, and I've got a Corbin seat on mine - much more comfy than stock. You can lower these bikes without goofing up the ride or steering much. They are very easy to work on, and there are gobs of accessories available.

Not really a trail bike, too heavy, but I've put time on kelly-humped old roads/trails and made it work. Bigger rear sprocket helps a lot.

Jay
Old 03-22-2010, 06:36 AM
Turd Wrangler

APDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suck

60% of the time it works every time.

I can't complain, sometimes I still do, life's been good to me so far.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:24 AM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

PeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
It was my neighbors bike, he was to trashed to drive to get more beer, so I took his bike and got some....took the long way round, I have no plans to buy one, I was just posting my observations.
If I were in the market for a dual sport it would be the BMW GS 800 for me. Now that is one sweet bike. Maybe next year.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:43 AM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacekeeper View Post
Nice bike, has good power for a single cylinder 650. It handles well and is very light. The seat is a little high and the baby wind screan does nothing, the foot pegs are a little akward but in general, its a good ride. The bike is a pretty good machine for less than 5 grand. I'm not sure how it would be on the interstate but for around town and off road it is good. With a little adventure touring gear, some hard luggage and a better windscreen it would be good for short range adventure touring.
The seat was high even for you???

I have always wondered about this on the KLR and how it would fit me WRT saddle height. What is your inseam? You cannot stop with feet flat while sitting? My inseam is 33", so I'm thinking if its too high for you its certainly going to be too high for me.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:13 AM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
The seat was high even for you???

I have always wondered about this on the KLR and how it would fit me WRT saddle height. What is your inseam? You cannot stop with feet flat while sitting? My inseam is 33", so I'm thinking if its too high for you its certainly going to be too high for me.
34" inseam and it was high, I understand seats are made to address this issue. Once underway it is fine, getting on is a PITA.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:19 PM
Known Associate

P 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
You get used to the high seat. After riding a harley, these bikes often feel high at first. I gety on my KTM and at first it feels high but then it rocks.

I have really enjoyed riding my enduro to the powerlines and back. So much that its time for a new top end.

] G A Z I N T A S Doofspicible............

CT-7, MA-7, NY-7, CT-43, MA-43, NY-43
Old 03-31-2010, 07:56 AM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by P 0 P E Y E View Post
You get used to the high seat. After riding a harley, these bikes often feel high at first. I gety on my KTM and at first it feels high but then it rocks.

I have really enjoyed riding my enduro to the powerlines and back. So much that its time for a new top end.
Yeah, I haven't ridden an enduro or mx bike in so long that I forgot how they feel / ride, and how light they are compared to a HD. I'm sure it will come back in short time, though. They all obviously need ground clearance, though, which is the reason for the seat being so high.

Love the single cylinder big bore dirt bikes.... raw power.

Old 03-31-2010, 11:58 AM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

The GS800F is on my bucket list.....maybe next year.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:51 PM
Hand Wringer

FinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I'm gonna buy a KLR650 this summer.
The gravel roads are callin my name.

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 03-31-2010, 01:11 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Parks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sock
Ground clearance and suspension travel are what they are all about. I remember getting on my friends RM 125 and RM 250 and not being able to tippie toe them. Stopping was a little awkward.

Time to Nut up, or Shut up. -Tallahassee
Old 03-31-2010, 01:39 PM
El Errante

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalBags View Post
I'm gonna buy a KLR650 this summer.
The gravel roads are callin my name.
I'm thinkin that you won't be bitchin about the seat height like the rest of us, though, Roundy.