Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Riders Clothing, Gear, Helmets, etc.
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 07-26-2016, 04:29 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Cortech GX Sport Air 4.0 Jacket

My old GX Air Series 2 is getting a bit ragged, so I decided to upgrade to the newer model. The updated look is superb, the pockets are excellent, the zippers work well. I think the older jacket came with a full-sleeved thermal liner and this one comes with a vest, but it still has the full rain liner. There's a ton of reflective material too. This jacket's look, construction, and features are far above the price point.

The only downside is airflow. The old Series 2 was made entirely of mesh, other than the leather shoulder, elbow, and back areas. That jacket flowed a ton of air. The 4.0 has 600 denier panels on the top of the arms and around the sides of the jacket. While I'm sure that this makes the 4.0 much more protective in the event of an off, airflow suffers. On the KLR or Night Train, it's not a big deal. On the BSR with it's big fairing, it gets hot when it's in the 90s. With that said, you want to limit airflow to the skin when it gets above 93 anyway, so it's not a deal-killer. Wear an Under Armour or other wicking shirt underneath it, and you're all good.

As far as fit, I'm 6'2", 190 pounds and a Large fits me just about perfect. I've got some room in the torso (I'm neither big-gutted or barrel-chested), but the sleeve length and overall length are perfect. Snaps on the arms and velcro pulls at the waist help get it nice and snug.

I guess I got mine on sale, as it was only $180 a couple of weeks ago. Even at $225 it's a good buy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cortech_gx_sport_air_jkt_gunmetal_black_zoom.jpg (44.1 KB, 36 views)

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 07-26-2016, 07:44 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
You should start a DooF Cleanas product reviews.

Maybe get paid even...
Free products.

I was 6' 2" , 190 Lb when I was discharged...

Great review!

Four goats!

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 07-26-2016, 09:10 PM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
The 3.0 I got a couple of weeks ago is essentially the same.

The 3.0 has mesh panels on the upper forearms. Those things catch a lot of air.

The mesh panels on the shoulders are negligible as the armor is up there too.

It flows more air than the HD Innovator.

The Cortech is a comfy jacket, I got an XL, but I'm fat. Sleeves seem a little long, but not bad. Plenty of adjustability makes it fit like a glove.

Mine's yellow, as below......

Old 07-26-2016, 09:18 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Yeah, that's a lot more mesh than the 4.0. I'm not complaining. It's a good jacket.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 07-27-2016, 10:14 PM
Somewhat Bionic

Last Cigar Smoked: Hoyo De Monterrey Robusto
Big Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I was 6'2" - 245 as a high school freshman.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting '..holy sh*t ....what a ride!' - George Carlin