Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > BMW
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

BMW Bikes that are engineered to be ridden... just sayin'...

Old 10-02-2012, 06:51 AM
Double-D
Doof Gooner

Last Cigar Smoked: Bubble Gum
Redleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suck
Water cooled Boxer officially revealed

Still an 1170 mill, a lot of stuff that was optional before now included.

Will this further complicate PeaceKeeper's new bike fever?

Linky...

"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people out there having fun on motorcycles. It makes me take another look." -Steve McQueen
Old 10-02-2012, 07:05 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Boy there were an awful lot of wrong guesses about this bike.

Big thumbs up on the TBW and wet clutch, as well as the Ducati-like riding modes. But.....

No Adventure model (yet), and dammit I like the simplicity of an air-cooled motor. It's nice, and I'll be all over the ride reports when they come out, but I'm quite content with my old-tech Camhead.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 10-02-2012, 07:21 AM
Double-D
The Mechanic

d j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
Boy there were an awful lot of wrong guesses about this bike.

Big thumbs up on the TBW and wet clutch, as well as the Ducati-like riding modes. But.....

No Adventure model (yet), and dammit I like the simplicity of an air-cooled motor. It's nice, and I'll be all over the ride reports when they come out, but I'm quite content with my old-tech Camhead.
You know you want it.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:23 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by d j View Post
You know you want it.
In 3 or 4 years once they've worked out the bugs and I've worn out HtFP, sure. I'm good for now.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:19 AM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

PeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Shit, I was just drooling over the Selvio NXT 1200, Damn you!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:48 AM
Confirmed Luddite

Last Cigar Smoked: Snack Pack Tapioca
Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
That was done late in the 60s, early 1970s:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 576.jpg (46.9 KB, 71 views)

Old 10-02-2012, 10:54 AM
Double-D
Doof Gooner

Redleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suck

"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people out there having fun on motorcycles. It makes me take another look." -Steve McQueen
Old 10-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Double-D
Doof Gooner

More info for PeaceKeeper...

Linky

Old 10-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Double-D
Doof Gooner

And a cool video...

Old 10-02-2012, 03:06 PM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

PeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Want to ride the elephant.

Seriously, great machine. Tomorrow I road test the GS And Triumph explorer. Then I just have to find a Selvio NXT to ride. Narrowing down the short list of candidates.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Double-D
Doof Gooner

Yeah, that Stelvio has received some very good press. If you go on the Motorcycle Consumer News website, there's a good review of it there.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Breaker of Stuff

The Stelvio is a beautiful bike. MGs are rolling works of art.

Old 10-02-2012, 05:42 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
I still want one of these BMW's.

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:35 PM
The Cisco Kid

Last Cigar Smoked: Backwoods Mild - Honey Berry
TJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Boy, I'd avoid that bike for a couple of years - That is a lot of stuff to go wrong. I can see some serious garage queens on the used market in a couple years as well. But in the end, that is just too much bike for any real DS riding. And for a dedicated street bike, there are way better choices. As for the weekend camper excuse??? I still prefer camping out of my 'snolive' bagger over my own DS bike.

However, I'll take my F650 Dakar for DS riding still. Less to break... trail side repairs are very manageable. Just got back from an Expedition Awareness trip on it on the Trans Am Trail. And that F650 got really difficult to handle on some of the switchbacks on Engineer and Corkscrew pass in Colorado. The sand in Utah got tricky too. I had some hard falls in dangerous places. Broke stuff. I couldn't imagine dropping that 25k bike much less loaded. Honestly, my bike was too big for some of that stuff taking into account my riding skill. Meaning, I suck too much already to be riding such a big heavy bike over big loose rocks.

F650 Dakar: The bike that was so great, they brought it back virtually unchanged after years out of production. (renamed it Sertao though.....)

Nah... I'm not biased. lol....
Old 01-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Willy View Post
Boy, I'd avoid that bike for a couple of years - That is a lot of stuff to go wrong. I can see some serious garage queens on the used market in a couple years as well. But in the end, that is just too much bike for any real DS riding. And for a dedicated street bike, there are way better choices. As for the weekend camper excuse??? I still prefer camping out of my 'snolive' bagger over my own DS bike.

However, I'll take my F650 Dakar for DS riding still. Less to break... trail side repairs are very manageable. Just got back from an Expedition Awareness trip on it on the Trans Am Trail. And that F650 got really difficult to handle on some of the switchbacks on Engineer and Corkscrew pass in Colorado. The sand in Utah got tricky too. I had some hard falls in dangerous places. Broke stuff. I couldn't imagine dropping that 25k bike much less loaded. Honestly, my bike was too big for some of that stuff taking into account my riding skill. Meaning, I suck too much already to be riding such a big heavy bike over big loose rocks.

F650 Dakar: The bike that was so great, they brought it back virtually unchanged after years out of production. (renamed it Sertao though.....)

Nah... I'm not biased. lol....
The 650 is a big bike for the TA Trail. I really want to try to ride the whole thing, but I'm thinking of something like a DRZ for it.