Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > The Arsenal
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

The Arsenal Where firearms enthusiasts gather to discuss their passion for things that go bang. Political debate is one floor down and not welcome here.

Old 01-05-2018, 03:26 PM
Dirty Dirk, Canadian Doof

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
Model 17 or Ruger Single Six?

As the title states.... I love my Model 29 Classic, very much so but do you think the price upgrade of the 17 is worth it over the Ruger Single Six? .22 Mag cylinder is neither here nor there for me... Have a few .22 Mag rifles to choose from.

Autumn's wrists cannot deal with the 29 or CZ97B for long but she really likes making "wagers" with me at the duelling tree while we are at the range, so thusly this is damn important to me ....

What say ye? Thanks Much!!

Dirk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 150477_01_lg_1_0_0.jpg (12.8 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg ruger-single-six-convertible-1976-version-000.jpg (135.6 KB, 45 views)
Old 01-05-2018, 05:55 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Hands down. Model 17.
End
Of
Discussion

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 01-05-2018, 05:58 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
You ARE aware that "single" is indicative of action type, right?

Double action vs Single
Flip-out cylinder vs chamber door
Full cylinder eject vs one-at-a-time punch-down
Full K-frame stocks vs scrawny 1800's grip?

puh-leeze.

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod

Last edited by MrSurly; 01-05-2018 at 06:04 PM.
Old 01-05-2018, 06:23 PM
Dirty Dirk, Canadian Doof

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSurly View Post
You ARE aware that "single" is indicative of action type, right?

Double action vs Single
Flip-out cylinder vs chamber door
Full cylinder eject vs one-at-a-time punch-down
Full K-frame stocks vs scrawny 1800's grip?

puh-leeze.
Don't think you were clear enough!! Yes, I get the SA drawback but up here it is 50% of what a 17 costs..... There is the whole new ownership of SW and QC issues, canted barrels etc that I've been hearing about but have no first hand knowledge.

My 29 is one of my pride and joys so maybe just seeking some reassurance on the 17......At twice the price tag of a Single Six

Dirk

Last edited by DAK47; 01-05-2018 at 06:32 PM.
Old 01-05-2018, 06:56 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

I can't speak to any current-production quality woes, just not familiar.
But if this is any solace, look up the resale value of a Single Six. Compare to the princely sum a used 17 will fetch.

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 01-05-2018, 07:01 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

BTW: if you want to just pick up a plinker, buy a new Heritage for under 200 and bang away.

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 01-18-2018, 09:21 PM
Doofish

Last Cigar Smoked: a zeppelin
FXRS is not in AOL's target demographicFXRS is not in AOL's target demographicFXRS is not in AOL's target demographicFXRS is not in AOL's target demographicFXRS is not in AOL's target demographicFXRS is not in AOL's target demographicFXRS is not in AOL's target demographicFXRS is not in AOL's target demographicFXRS is not in AOL's target demographicFXRS is not in AOL's target demographicFXRS is not in AOL's target demographic
Find a second hand S&W.

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."

Frank Zappa