Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > General Bike Discussions
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 06-27-2008, 09:58 PM
GrayRider

Lifter replacement..

flhpi-ohio did it today. I took pictures.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:09 PM
GazintA

TerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milk
Gonna share 'em?

Engine by Otto.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:10 PM
GrayRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryMiller View Post
Gonna share 'em?
Maybe..
Old 06-27-2008, 10:14 PM
GazintA

TerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milk
Do I need to say please?

Engine by Otto.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:16 PM
GrayRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryMiller View Post
Do I need to say please?
Couldn't hurt.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:32 PM
BSL/SBSH

Last Cigar Smoked: "It's a Girl"
Luke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suck
I may be due this winter.....might as well get a new cam to push them, right?

Old 06-27-2008, 10:32 PM
GrayRider

Why not..will you take pictures.?
Old 06-27-2008, 10:35 PM
BSL/SBSH

Luke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayRider View Post
Why not..will you take pictures.?
Don't know if the shop will allow it......

Old 06-27-2008, 11:16 PM
Yes, they are Real.......

harleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sock
Do it your damn self................

Keeper Of The Toast
2006 Post Whore Of The Year

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS........
Old 06-27-2008, 11:22 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Lifters pretty much jusdt drop in if memory serves. Springer was saying to do every 30k, obviously people do go longer.

One issue could be that the TC does not have lifter blocks, if they were to wobble, you could wear the case. Spring also mentioned, if memory serves, this is effected by the cam bearings, which causes movement.

Ya I know there is only so much time in a day.

I'll probably do mine. But thats easy to say when they got less then 30k on them.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:23 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjsb View Post
I fyou got adjustable pushrods, should be real easy. Take the top end off isn't bad either, pretty much bolt on and off. New gaskets then too.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:26 PM
BSL/SBSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjsb View Post
You ain't the boss of me......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
..........One issue could be that the TC does not have lifter blocks, if they were to wobble, you could wear the case. Spring also mentioned, if memory serves, this is effected by the cam bearings, which causes movement..........
EVO........no worries,,,,,,,

Old 06-27-2008, 11:26 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
How many qt of oil does that need?..

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 06-27-2008, 11:28 PM
Excommunicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke611 View Post
EVO........no worries,,,,,,,
The front of your bike is on my desktop back ground. Got a nice pic of Karen and I at that one outlook on hwy 7.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:31 PM
BSL/SBSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
The front of your bike is on my desktop back ground. Got a nice pic of Karen and I at that one outlook on hwy 7.
That was the best ride of the week. Thanks.