Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Accessories
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Accessories Horns, Pegs, Guards, MP3, Sat. Radio, GPS, etc.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:31 AM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock
Building routes and uploading to Zumo

If this has been covered before, I appologize. I am looking for a place that can tell me how I can plan a route via Google Earth or any other map program and then upload it to my Zumo and follow the ride.

I am still Googleearthtarded, and can't figure out how to change a route from point a to point b..... But I'm working on that too. Any suggestions, please help.

2009 Vivid Black Street Glide Ultra

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:55 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
not sure about using google, but you can use mapsource, if they didn't give you a disk, email garmin and they will send it to you free.
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 03-20-2009, 02:25 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Thorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sock
Psst Frank....Walmart Atlas $4.99

Thorns

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms." "Gimme back, gimme back my bullets"

Old 03-20-2009, 10:41 PM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kflhr View Post
not sure about using google, but you can use mapsource, if they didn't give you a disk, email garmin and they will send it to you free.
I'll take a peek at that, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorns View Post
Psst Frank....Walmart Atlas $4.99

Thorns
Yeah, yeah I hear ya

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:45 PM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
Mapsource with let you plot routes, I've had to put in a lot of waypoints before to get the exact route I want with it though. After you make the trip, if you have it keep the trip log, you can overlay the trip log on to Google Earth to see where you've been. I haven't seen it where you can do it the other way around though.
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - Gen Eisenhower.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:49 PM
along came Blondie......

I never even made it that far into the box when I bought the Zumo. Sheesh!

Old 03-20-2009, 10:49 PM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - Gen Eisenhower.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:50 PM
along came Blondie......

Quote:
Originally Posted by why_me View Post
Mapsource with let you plot routes, I've had to put in a lot of waypoints before to get the exact route I want with it though. After you make the trip, if you have it keep the trip log, you can overlay the trip log on to Google Earth to see where you've been. I haven't seen it where you can do it the other way around though.
I figured out how to do that, but was going crazy trying to figure out the other way.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:52 PM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
I have to study this .... I think this can be done without a lot of hullabulla .....

however .... I'm drunk now, and have to remember later to explore this and find out how to do it ..... send me a pm

States I've ridden my scoots in:

Old 03-20-2009, 11:09 PM
along came Blondie......

Ok, so where in the box is the unlock code? I have looked all over the sleeve the disc came in, but no dice. All that's on there is the serial number....

Old 03-20-2009, 11:28 PM
along came Blondie......

Disregard! I shoulda just RTFM......

Old 03-21-2009, 12:02 AM
Hand Wringer

FinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Your gonna love that Zumo.

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 03-21-2009, 12:15 AM
along came Blondie......

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalBags View Post
Your gonna love that Zumo.
I already do, am just now getting into the fun of plugging routes into it....

Only had it since last June

Old 03-21-2009, 12:23 AM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
That's the way to do it. Wait until the warranty runs out before you even open the box!

By the way http://www.zumoforums.com is full of info and experts on the zumo

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[
Old 03-21-2009, 12:46 AM
along came Blondie......

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhawg View Post
That's the way to do it. Wait until the warranty runs out before you even open the box!

By the way http://www.zumoforums.com is full of info and experts on the zumo
Nah, I've been using it, but mostly letting it guide me to places and using routes I have gotten from other sources. Figured it was time to load some of my own.

Thanks for the link